Write a new blog
|19-3-2009 - Update on Mason
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So my instincts were right on he has strep alright. He was constantly holding a fever of 103 for the first 24 hours. I managed to get him to eat a pedialyte popsicle and that at least made me feel a little better.
His seizures for the most part stayed under a good amount of control. (My God it should, he has enough things on board) He did have the minor ones *complex partial* He goes into these stares and looks like he enters another demension. Those seizures did cluster some, but he never went into a tonic clonic.
*Thank you VNS implant*
His pediatrician got to see his clustering at the office yesterday. He seemed more concerned then I did. He asked me if I was gonna call the neurologist . . . I said *no*. They won't do anything different. Mason is maxed out on everything. I have the diastat at home (emergency medication injection) so we will be fine. So the doctor put him on the typical Amoxicillin.
Last night his fevers finally began to come down some and he broke out in the *strep rash*. Now today he is alot better. His fevers are staying under 101 and he has so much life back in his face. No appetite still, but Im not pushing it.
Thanks everyone for listening to my rants. I have alot of inner strength....but sometimes even that needs to be reassured. THANK YOU!!!
Sara and Mason
5 Comments on Update on Masonjacesmommy4606@yahoo.com
- Saturday, 21 Mar im so glad that he is getting better.. its always one thing after another huh??? im slowly learning with two kids that if its not one its the other... im so glad that he is getting better and you are so strong i dont know how i could deal that.. your a good momma girl.. Kara G.
- Friday, 20 Mar Sounds like he is getting much better. I am happy for you both. What a relief. LilMrsK
- Friday, 20 Mar Poor thing! I'm glad to hear he is doing better. Good job Mom! liz82
- Thursday, 19 Mar i am so happy that mason is doing better . thats great to hear i hate when my little ones arent feeling . bluejeans
- Thursday, 19 Mar So happy to hear that Mason is feeling better