Write a new blog
|05-2-2010 - freaking out over blood test results
||My mood while writing this blog:|
my doctor did some blood tests the other day to try and discover the cause of my itchy legs which have been sore and extremely itchy for over a month now and the results have come back that i have a vitamin B12 deficiency.
my body is not absorbing the vitamin and treatment is injections 3 times a week for two months then every month possibly for life, which doesn't bother me really.
i have been online researching the condition and that is what has freaked me out...during in pregnacy it can cause premature labour and neural tube defects such as spina bifida.
other symptoms are as follows (copied of internet)
* The first symptoms will be tiredness and palpitations (awareness of heartbeat).
* Shortness of breath and dizziness (fainting) are also common.
* If the anaemia is severe, it can result in angina (chest pain), headache and leg pains (intermittent claudication).
* Red, sore tongue and mouth.
* Weight loss.
* altered or reduced sense of touch
* less sensitivity to vibration (inability to feel the vibrations of a tuning fork)
* colour blindness
* tingling in the hands and feet
* muscle weakness
* difficulties with walking and coordination
* psychological symptoms such as memory loss, confusion and depression.
With pernicious anaemia there is an increased danger of developing stomach cancer.
Is there anybody else who is or knows anyone suffering from this who can put my mind at ease as i am seriously freaking out!!!
Comments on freaking out over blood test results