Write a new blog
|27-2-2009 - Opinions on names?
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Argh! I knew it was going to be a boy just for the mere fact that we have had a girls name picked out from the day we found out we were pregnant with our first son. It was challenging to name him (Jacob Dean - which I love to death), and now it is getting even harder to come up with a name that fits all of the criteria:
- Can't be too weird that people will make fun of it
- Must sound good with our last name (Poythress - nothing sounds good with that!)
- Should have some family connotations
- Shouldn't remind us of anyone we know
- Should be a name we both agree on.
- Has to sound good when screaming at the boys to stay out of trouble "JACOB & _____, GET YOUR ASSES OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!"
That said, I don't think we'll ever come up with this little guy's name! Here's a list of what I like so far, but I am really not sure:
- Jude Patrick Poythress
- Graham Jeffrey Poythress
- Jackson Jeffrey Poythress (not sure if I like the Jake & Jack thing though)
- Jackson Patrick Poythress
- Owen Jeffrey Poythress
- Owen Patrick Poythress
- Mason Jeffrey Poythress
- Mason Patrick Poythress
This is so hard, any input would be greatly appreciated! - Andrea
9 Comments on Opinions on names?niss
- Wednesday, 4 Mar I LOVE MASON JEFFREY! freedomlee
- Wednesday, 4 Mar Funny you say that, cuz we've had a girl name the whole time too! I had a boy's name (Tristan) but my bf hates it! So, now....blah! After today, I'll know what the gender is so that might make things a lil easier! ermsmom
- Friday, 27 Feb I love how it has to sound good when screaming at them! I've been trying to decide the same way! I love all of the names that you're thinking of but Jude is probably my favorite. tabatha
- Friday, 27 Feb i like jude..aaaaand, it isn't too common. ..we went with aiden for our last and guess what the #1 boy name for 2009 is. yep..well, i also like graham or brody...good luck! prettybird
- Friday, 27 Feb I like Mason or Owen....
LMAO about the name sounding good when screaming part...lol lol lol.
I was actually sitting here at work yelling.... "Jacob and Owen get your asses over here right now!!!" (I wanted to see how it sounded compared to Mason...lol lol lol. mel11
- Friday, 27 Feb I like Jude Patrick....I also like Judah..or Juda....like in the show Weeds...have you seen it? Tara83
- Friday, 27 Feb I love the name Jackson but I also know 3 people who have sons named Jackson so it is a very popular name how ever it is a great name.
I think Jude Patrick is my fav name on your list.
I like that you are as thorough about your name choices as I am. We won't use names that remind of us of anyone, we make sure the names don't rhyme with anything where the kid would be made fun of, we make sure if you can short'n the name that we like the nick name as much as the full name. I will not use any J names because we have 2 nephews Jason and Jeremy and so I think that is enough J's. I like unique names but not crazy names and I don't want a name that people will never be able to pronounce/spell etc.
I think you have come up with some great choices. Julianna
- Friday, 27 Feb Owen Jeffrey (OJ) not sure you want people picking on him about OJ. I love thename, though!! I think Owen Patrick larryslady
- Friday, 27 Feb LOL!! It's funny because that's how I came up with Kennedy's name I had to see how it sounded when I told her to get her ass over here!!! LOL!! I thought I was the only one. The only name I like from your list is Mason Patrick.. Good Luck