Write a new blog
|16-7-2009 - 38.5 week appt.
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I saw my doctor today & I am dialated between a 2 & 3 and I am starting to efface. She stripped my membranes and said she could feel the suchures in the baby's head. Apparantly that's what they call the places in the skull where the plates meet. I thought that was interesting. Plus I've only gained 13 pounds this whole pregnancy which is great!
I've been feeling pretty emotional lately. I'm not in that big of a hurry to have the baby, but I do want my husband to be here for the birth! Currently he is unemployed and may be going to Fargo to work starting Monday. That's three hours away from home & I'm afraid that he'll miss the big event. I've been instructed by my doctor to think of someone else who I'd want in the delivery room with me if Ben can't be there. I have a great support group but there are issues that make me hesitant to have other people there with me. For example:
My mom is one of my best friends but breastfeeding makes her squeamish, I don't think she'd be the best person to be my support person.
My sister is awesome, but she's seven years younger than me & has no children. I've always looked over her, so I'm not sure I feel comfortable with her looking at me in that vulnerable of a state. I love her dearly & she'd appreciate it so much, but this is about me, not her.
My best friend is not able to have children & has serious jealousy issues when it comes to pregnancy. I understand where she's coming from and think it would be too hard on us to go thru that together.
So I have a close friend who has a child & I'm very comfortable with. She is probably the person that I would want & I know she would do it. It's just that we are the type of friends that can go months without seeing each other, but then we can spend every day together for weeks, and we always just feel comfortable together. I think that the other people listed above would have hurt feelings if I chose her over them. I know it's not about them but I tend to be a people pleaser & a couple of them might hold a grudge.
I know we will be fine in a few months as far as finances go, but right now it is unbearable. Ben only has one quarter left until he graduates and then he shouldn't have any trouble finding a job, but in the meantime, no one wants to hire someone who is going back to school in September. I don't have any paid leave so we really need him to be working so we can pay the bills.
I just started bawling at my doctors appointment today when she said "you look tired." I said "I'm just stressed" and lost it. I was embarrassed, but she understands & is such a great doctor. She said that she'll see me next Wednesday & if I'm still pregnant by then we'll schedule an induction. Hopefully Ben will be able to be there if we schedule an induction.
I know it will all be fine, but it's just making me crazy right now!
I hope you are all doing well today!
5 Comments on 38.5 week appt.prettybird
- Friday, 17 Jul Everything will work out fine... and I am sure things will fall into place where Ben will be there for you...you will see :) ermsmom
- Thursday, 16 Jul I hope it all works out for you. I'm in a similar situation with my husband possibly not being there. Why can't things just be easy this late in the game? Good luck and I hope stripping your membranes worked! AllyCat62683
- Thursday, 16 Jul You sound like you have a lot on your plate right now. I hope your baby comes sooner than later to ease some of that stress. I haven't even begun to think of who might be with me when I have the baby except for Jason so I can imagine that is a tough decision to make. I wish you the best of luck with all this and that your stresses are relieved sooner than later. barbieken7981
- Thursday, 16 Jul I hope that everything works out good for you!! Good Luck!! Diegirl
- Thursday, 16 Jul I am sorry that you have to make that decision and maybe not have your hubby there. You have to make the right decision for you. I have had my mom, my ex mom in law, my ex, my hubby and my girl friend. Out of all the support people I have had the best one by far was my GF. She just knew when to talk to me, when to touch me, how to guide me through the contractions. That labour was the easiest labour I have ever gone through. The nurses and OBs didn't even realize I was in active labour as I was so calm and handling the contractions so well.
Anyhow, I just wanted to say I hope you hang in there and try not to stress too much. I have wondered where you have been. I know you have been around, but just not as much as before. I hope things get better for you. *hugs*