Write a new blog
|13-7-2009 - Scan Info/results
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well ladies I have just come back from having an internal scan. It was very interesting and gave me a lot of answers which is great!!! I have to still call my Dr to confirm results but as the scan was being performed the lady was telling us about what she could see and if it was in fact normal.
My utterus is normal in size but the lining is super thick - which means quite a few more days/weeks of AF still to come...this explains the really long and heavy periods when I get them.
My ovaries are normal in size. My left looks PCOS and my right is boarder line. There is no sign of ovulating so therefore my utterus builds up the lining until there is so much that it just starts to shed it.
As I said I've gotta call my Dr this arvo about this and then we will see from here. I was talking with my father and he said that it is close to - if not exactly like my mother. She took some medication to fall pregnant (I am assuming Clomid) and fell preggo straight away. So I am assuming that the dr will refer me to a specialist and but me on a course of something.
I feel so relieved now that my hubby & I now know what is going on
***********Just been talking to the Dr and she is referring me to a fertility specialist Prof. Gab Kovacs who is the leading expert in his field here in Australia (he got my sister-in-law knocked up). She also mentioned that it is not quite PCOS as my cysts are a fraction too small - but either way I have cysts on my ovaries. So I have now made my appointment as such to see the specialist - well kinda on a waiting list as he only comes down from melbourne 4 times a mth, so hopefully sometime this month or by the end of August (lady on the phone said at the lastest) I shall get to see him*******************
8 Comments on Scan Info/resultsNavy Mommy 2009
- Wednesday, 15 Jul YAH!!!! This is great news! As you know I have PCOS too; I got pregnant on my first round of Clomid. Like someone else mentioned; there's definitely a light at the end of the tunnel :-) I'm so happy for you. Now you can relax a little. ...BellyFullOfLove...
- Tuesday, 14 Jul at least now u know whats happening, hope all goes well best of luck xox Lilmissesmum-
- Tuesday, 14 Jul At least you know with the right help that you still have a chance of TTC. Good luck *dcsfantasticfour
- Tuesday, 14 Jul Im glad you got answers hun =) and yes PCOS is VERY common, and a easy fix with Clomid (is what they usually use) Also when you arn't TTC birthcontrol also fixes it..... It wont be long till you have your BFP. Your on the right track! cpalmer
- Tuesday, 14 Jul I knew it!!! thats exactly what i said, yay for finding out hun, hopefully after this you will be knocked up in no time :) hugs! xxx stacka
- Tuesday, 14 Jul well thats great you have a direction to go in and there is light at the end of the tunnel, esp. if it was similar to your mums case. R-N-E-H
- Monday, 13 Jul I'm so glad you went to see what was going on. It's way worse remaining in the dark about your body. I'll be praying for a very successful visit from the doctor and hopefully a pregnancy soon to follow! MamaCas31
- Monday, 13 Jul I'm glad you have some answers to your questions....I really hope they can get you on a path to taking care of it and conceiving!