Write a new blog
|30-11-2010 - Almost 7 weeks old
||My mood while writing this blog:|
just so in love!
It has been a long time since I have written an update for everyone. Alison is just an amazing addition to our family and I honestly could not be happier! I am amazed by how easy things have come with her. It scares me though... I wonder if my next baby will be a monster baby lol but right now I could care less Ali is just awesome and happy and healthy and perfect! Nursing is going GREAT and I am so pleased! Ali hasnt had a drop of formula or even had a bottle... at this point I am not sure that she would know what to do with one lol I have a bit of an over supply and a very fast let down so occasionally Ali would spit up, but lately she has been doing great with it. The last time I pumped (I dont do it often) I got 4 oz off one side AFTER she ate! I also got this cool thing that you use on the other boob when you are nursing (it just sits in your bra) and collects all the extra milk that leaks out that side. Because of this over supply I usually offer her the same side a few times before switching to the other side to make sure she gets the hindmilk. And her poop is still "normal" so I guess this method is working well for us. Speaking of poop, cloth diapering is going great as well! It is so simple and I cant believe more women wouldnt consider it. It really is just as easy as disposables and there really isnt much "extra" laundry to do... I have rumparooz one-size diapers and a few thirsties covers and prefolds (I actually made several hemp/organic cotton prefolds the other day) and honestly I use mainly the prefolds and covers... too bad I spent so much on rumparooz but I figured DH wouldnt be game for the prefold "work" but he does just fine with them!
I am doing well other wise... I was told at about 2 weeks PP that my second degree tear wasnt completely repaired but yesterday at my 6w PP appointment they told me not to worry about it... Brian says its not different for him but its a bit different for me. Not sure how to explain but the inside feels the same but the outside is weird and if you run your hand along the outer edge its really raged and some spots the scar tissue is bumped up. I also have a numb spot on my leg that I was again told to just get over it... its normal. But other than that I feel great and am just so happy! Ali is so amazing and I really cant complain about anything. She is amazing all day but does have a fussy time for about an hour starting around 6pm every day... I think its mainly gas built up but its so sad cause there is nothing I can do to fix it.I may give gripe water a try. Being a mom is everything and more that I thought it would be! Ali smiles and laughs and is just so happy and silly. I love it! She is unlike any infant Ive ever known! She held her head and neck up at only 12 hours old and since has spent her days trying to amaze and impress me with her skills! I have a feeling she is going to be walking early!
I miss you all and hope everyone is doing well and getting ready for the holidays! Love you guys!
11 Comments on Almost 7 weeks oldStinabina
- Thursday, 2 Dec So happy things are going so well for you! My lil man, Evan will be 6 wks on Sunday and we just adore him! I had to quit nursing, but he does well bottle feeding. He eats all the time! He to gets fussy in the evenings. I find that mylicon drops work well. Thanks for the update. Hugs! kimkayb
- Tuesday, 30 Nov Oh Ali, how you've spoiled your Mom & Dad already. You are an amazing baby and so darn cute. Mom, you are amazing as well :) aussiegirl80
- Tuesday, 30 Nov Thanks for the update on little Ali, I am so happy to hear how well your family is doing :) jmcbrown2002
- Tuesday, 30 Nov YAY! I am so glad everything is going so well for you..sounds just like I was with my daughter..dont be crazy like me and want another one so soon tho..number 2 wasnt nearly the sweet quiet baby hahaha that could be a boy/girl thing..who knows! I wouldnt change a thing tho..I have been wondering how u were doing! Add me on fb if u want, I am dying to see pics of this sweet lil thing! Find me by email..email@example.com. Take care :) mle77
- Tuesday, 30 Nov Love reading that everything is going fantastic :) I cant wait to be writing a blog about my lo!! My friend uses the best bottom diapers and they are great, so i ordered some from http://nickisdiapers.com you should check them out if you like the prefolds.. anyway thanks for the blog update! although i see all her precious pics on fb ;) lexus000
- Tuesday, 30 Nov So happy everything is going so good for you. Ali sounds like an amazing little girl....enjoy her, before you know it she'll be off to school fruitful
- Tuesday, 30 Nov I am glad everything is going so well. Especially that you have such a huge supply of "baby food"! :) amk1984
- Tuesday, 30 Nov I can't believe it's all ready been 7 weeks!!!! So happy for you! 1Day@ATime
- Tuesday, 30 Nov Thats is so cool!!!!!! i'm gald you have you baby girl and can enjoy being a mommy!!!!!!!!!! Pocahontas
- Tuesday, 30 Nov Aaaawwww such a lovely update. I am so beyond happy that you are having a perfect ending to your journey. YAY! a million times over. May it only continue to the way it is and may you always have this content serenity. SO happy for you. Lots of love - L kbfulloffaith
- Tuesday, 30 Nov I am so very glad that you are enjoying your little girl - you deserve every moment of happiness with her. Enjoy your first holiday season with your new addition!Congrats again.