Write a new blog
|12-1-2009 - 31 Weeks-SO many thoughts!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I had my 31 week check up today...I gained 10 POUNDS in the last month! Well, actually...it was all in the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and I've maintained the same weight for the last 2 weeks. Doc didn't seem concerned-just said to keep an eye on what I'm eating. Though I did pass my glucose test with flying colors! So that made me feel a lot better. I was quite embarrassed when I went to ask him about what I thought was a blood clot on my foot-and in the hour from when I put on my shoes to when I was in the office my foot swelled SO much! I was wearing ballet-type shoes with a strap over the top of them-and my foot was puffed out on either side of the strap! Good news is he said not to worry about the blood clot...just to get my feet up to help the swelling!
I finally went out and got the baby shower invitations today. My friend that's throwing the shower doesn't understand my sence of urgency and isn't getting things done fast enough! My question for you ladies is : how late is too late for the shower? She wants to do it on Feb 8-less than a month away and the invites aren't even out yet! Other option is Feb 22 but that's only about three weeks until I'm due and I don't want to have her early and not be able to have the shower. Any input is much appreciated!!!
My mother in law sent us money for the crib and stroller-AWESOME!!! We will only have to end up paying the tax and shipping for them. So I will be ordering them online in the next day or two and I'm so excited about that! I just can't wait to start setting things up for the princess!!! We went shopping around to see if there was any cribs or strollers at the stores around town that we liked (to eliminate shipping) but I didn't find anything that I absolutly loved. The three hours of looking around and walking just added to the swollen feet!
I was able to find some really cute outfits on clearance at Baby Depot! Got some of them for 5.99 per outfit! I was in heaven as soon as we walked into the store...just wish we had more money to spend on clothes! Though I know she will have plenty between what we've gotten already and what I'm sure we will get at the shower. So I will end my rambling now. Thanks for reading ladies! I hope everyone is doing fantastically and holding up with all the wonderful aches and pains of pregnancy! I've had at least 4 Braxton Hicks while typing this so I think a nap is in order...I love days off!
5 Comments on 31 Weeks-SO many thoughts!terrencesmom
- Tuesday, 13 Jan I've had the urgency with my baby shower but I live over 300 miles from where I'm having it. 2 of my friends are throwing it but I love planning parties so i've been emailing both of them daily with ideas. I know they are sick of me. I wanted to have it sooner Jan 31st but it was just too soon after christmas and they needed time to get their finances together. they suggested Feb 7th. I choose the 15th so I can spend valentines day with my BF plus the 16th is a holiday. I think you should have it the 8th. send the invites today! peanutrocks
- Tuesday, 13 Jan Im having my shower the first weekend of Feb so I think you are pretty safe with the 8th. Good luck with the stroller shopping... Its so exciting, we got our princesses today, its a quinny buzz 3, plus dreami carrycot plus maxi cosi car seat....love it. xx JanetN
- Tuesday, 13 Jan I think the quicker the better when it comes to having a shower...I was 3 weeks early with my first child. You just never know...... no2intheoven
- Tuesday, 13 Jan I guess I need to move my shower date up because my coworker is scheduling mine for Feb 22! I really need to get a move on. I just registered yesterday. I've heard of some doing this around Thanksgiving! beachbumsnk
- Tuesday, 13 Jan I think you should have the baby shower as early as you can just b/c your not for sure when your baby is going to come and you will have time to figure out what else you need. :D Just give it time for people to get the invitations :D Yeah isnt it crazy we are only in week 31 and already have the swollen feet the BHs im having painful contractions right now its not BHs but all i know is it hurts and they are pretty close together but not to bad like super painful so nothing to worry about