Write a new blog
|26-7-2010 - grasping at straws?
||My mood while writing this blog:|
foolish for even writing this
CONSPIRACY THEORY OF THE DAY.................
Alright, like I said I am probably grasping at staws here. I was in the forum ranting earlier that today is CD 32 and still no AF. Now this is only my second period after my miscarriage and d&e. The first one came 32 days after my d&e. I thought the second one should come by now, and it hasn't. I POAS on CD 29 and it was a BFN.
So I started googling things, like what would cause a false negative and come across this info I found on Wikepedia:
Ovulation may not occur at a predictable time in the menstrual cycle, however. A number of factors may cause an unexpectedly early or late ovulation, even for women with a history of regular menstrual cycles. Using ovulation predictor kits (OPKs), or charting the fertility signs of cervical mucus or basal body temperature give a more accurate idea of when to test than day-counting alone.
The accuracy of a pregnancy test is most closely related to the day of ovulation, not of the act of intercourse or insemination that caused the pregnancy. It is normal for sperm to live up to five days in the fallopian tubes, waiting for ovulation to occur. It could take up to twelve further days for implantation to occur, meaning even the most sensitive pregnancy tests may give false negatives up to seventeen days after the act that caused the pregnancy. Because some home pregnancy tests have high hCG detection thresholds (up to 100 mIU/mL), it may take an additional three or four days for hCG to rise to levels detectable by these tests — meaning false negatives may occur up to three weeks after the act of intercourse or insemination that causes pregnancy.
So then I look at my calendar. I didn't chart, so I can't say when I ovulated this month, but hopefully I did. I thought that I ovulated on cycle day 15 or 16 which was July 9th or 10th. If what Wikepedia said is true, and it took 12 days for implantation, then IF and I say IF the egg was fertilized, and IF I didn't ovulate until after I thought I would, then implantation might have occured at about the same day that I tested. This may have been the cause for the BFN. I suppose after I get done writing this blog I will go to the bathroom and AF will have arrived. So be it then. What I am saying is that I either want a BFP or for AF to come because every other time I got a BFN AF was right around the corner.
Am I making any sense to you guys? Have I gone completely off my rocker? I went to put my work khaki's on this morning (the same ones I wear every week) and they were so tight I had to check and make sure I was actually putting on the right pants. I am just extremely bloated and have been now all weekend. Now this could be perfectly explainable because AF is coming and she loves to bloat people up too, but I guess I just wanted to bounce this idea off of all of you. I appreciate any thoughts on this matter!!
6 Comments on grasping at straws?clara
- Monday, 26 Jul I would wait a little longer and if you still haven't gotten a.f. then restest. With this pregnancy, I tested on day 30 and got a bfn, but then tried again the next day and there was possibly a line, I wasn't sure, so I waited another day, and then I got my bfp. I ovulated 7 days later than I even thought possible. Good luck, my dear! Thinking of you! TonynOllysMommy
- Monday, 26 Jul I think this is perfectly normal! I've been through the EXACT same thing time & time again...waiting for either the Flow or a BFP. It's hard to keep waiting, but I'd give it another 3 days at least (I was going to say a week, but that would be an eternity!) and if no AF still, I'd test again...if within a week, nothing, I'd go to the dr. Best wishes! I hope things go the way you're wanting!!! :D jessp27
- Monday, 26 Jul I say give it another week and if no AF then retest! It couldve been too early on day 29. You may not have ovulated at the same time as before. Good luck! okynot
- Monday, 26 Jul It is definately possible! Mum2anAngel
- Monday, 26 Jul You make me smile. I am sitting here reading this and thinking this is exactly what I looked up when I was up to your stage in my cycle. I think it is not over until AF arrives or you get a BFP (sure hope its the latter). Best of luck! When are you going to test again? TwoBabyBuntings
- Monday, 26 Jul This doesn't sound crazy to me at all. It is exactly how I feel. I have no idea when or if ovulation would have occured after my m/c. DH and I only protected against getting pregnant for about the 4 days I would assume ovulation occured if things went back to normal. Well here we are and obviously that didn't happen! I have taken a couple of tests both BFN but having no idea when ovulation occured it is hard to know when it is right to test. I have had a lot of aching pain in my lower right abdomen. This happened with my last pregnancy but I try not to read to far into it. I also have had lots of cramps. There are days I feel like I pee more than usual but days I feel I don't. I am trying not to read too much into those things as I have a feeling I would never be lucky enough to fall pregnant right after and carry it full term. It is hard to have it in the back of my mind though. Had the blood draw Friday and secretly hoping the dr calls and says your numbers are way up and you are pregnant again but trying hard not to hope for it. I really hope one way or another we both have an answer soon whether it be we are or AF finally shows. I am sorry we are both having to go through this.