Write a new blog
|14-9-2010 - First doc appointment, 11 weeks
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I went in for my first doc appointment yesterday. Because of my schedule I didn't actually see my doc, saw a nurse practitioner. She tried to do my pap which didn't go so well. She couldn't find my cervix??!! This always happens I told her as she was becoming flustered after calling the other nurse for the "longer" tool thing they use to see in there. I was thinking in my head, did I somehow cause my cervix to get pushed back somehow? It was like the nurse read my mind, she said I was just made that way. After digging around and becoming even more flustered she said she "thinks" she got her sample, although wasn't sure. She told me I was oficially the "challenge of the day", how nice.
It just got wierder after that. I think she was still nervous about having to call in the search party for my cervix when she did the ultrasound. She had the wrong tool plugged in, the one that has the giant condom on it for internal scans. She was like this damn machine is frozen with no pic. The other nurse came in and plugged in the external tool you place on your belly. ooooooookkkkkk. lol
So then was the highlight of my day. I got to see my little baby kicking and punching. I don't think it appreciate all of the jabbing, pressing, it looked sort of pissed off!! I was laughing thinking that I would be kicking and punching too if I had been poked around from all angles inside and out!! Heart was beating, and I can finally... breath...
I have the first trimester early screening next Thursday. They use great machines with clear pictures unlike the dinosaur that was used yesterday. Hopefully I will get some nice pics. I will be 12 weeks then. I can't wait!
12 Comments on First doc appointment, 11 weeksKhoi
- Tuesday, 14 Sep Awesome! bet u had quite the adventure..isnt seeing your lil one only like the best thing ever? 1st-time-momma-10
- Tuesday, 14 Sep Yay I'm so so excited for you! Isn't seeing your baby for the first time the most awesome thing ever! keep us the good posts and can't wait for pics! :) antiguababy
- Tuesday, 14 Sep I'm so happy for you! It sounds like things are going so well! :) ArielS
- Tuesday, 14 Sep Yay!!!! I was thining about you yesterday and wondering how you were getting on. Told you this one is a keeper : - ) and it's a baby with an attitude, ha ha. RainbowRach
- Tuesday, 14 Sep Oh dear, I wouldn't have too much confidence in those nurses! Lol. Sooooo pleased all went well though xxx huge congrats :-) mgmommy
- Tuesday, 14 Sep Oh my gosh, who are these nurses?! LOL So glad you got to see your little one and that everything is well! Mum2anAngel
- Tuesday, 14 Sep LOL what an appointment!!! I am so glad that your little one is still doing so great. . Im excited to hear about next Thursday. Im so jealous of how many u/s you get :) lil.pigz
- Tuesday, 14 Sep WOW...11 weeks already! What a day to remember,lol. Im surprised they did the u/s externally? Before 20 weeks, they have always done mine internally with that big condom holding device,lol. My uterus is tipped though, so I suppose that could be an issue. So glad everything is going great!! It never ceases to amaze me, seeing them kickbox on the u/s:-) sam33
- Tuesday, 14 Sep Sounds like a right pallava! Good that you got to see baby and the heart beating though - cant wait to see the pictures you get next week! soon2be momma d
- Tuesday, 14 Sep What a disaster! So glad you got to see the baby and a heartbeat. Can't wait to see the pictures after next week!! WHOO!!! TonynOllysMommy
- Tuesday, 14 Sep Yay. So awesome to see the baby! :) jessp27
- Tuesday, 14 Sep sorry to hear about the nightmare at the drs, but I am glad everything is going good! Can you believe you are already 11 weeks!!!!! Very exciting! Hopefully next week you will get some pics to post! I am so happy for you!