Write a new blog
|15-11-2010 - Gender Scan 11-12-2010
||My mood while writing this blog:|
As most of you know, I went to my gender scan last Friday. Before that scan I went for an appointment with my OBGYN for a regular check up. I wasn't sure they were going to let me listen to the heartbeat because they seemed like they were only going to ask questions and send me packing. I asked since it would ease my mind so I know everything was alive and kicking in there. Wellll, kicking it was! The nurse practitioner ( the one who couldn't find my cervix last time) put the doppler on my belly, and the baby kicked it so dan hard it jumped off my belly! Heartbeat was 155 bpm, so I was happy and confident going to my gender scan!!
There was no doubt about it, we are having a little BOY!
He had his little boy parts flying in the air he was really doing a dance in there the entire time. ( Just like his daddy)The tech was getting a little irritated because he was being such a little monkey! What we didn't tell her is that I drank 4oz of Redbull ( i know that's bad and I will never do it again) because I was so afraid the baby would be curled up asleep. The tech had a terrible time doing the measurments but was finally able to get them all and then the doctor came in and told me everything measured normal and we have a healthy baby!!
Now the bad news. My 10cm fibroid is right over my cervix, blocking his escape route! The doubt it will move, and this means a defnite c section. I was very upset because it was one of the first things they told me. I had a lot of hope that I would be able to deliver this baby vaginally. Now all hope seems to have gone out the window for that. I know it shouldn't matter to me as long as he is healthy and safe but I am just so upset about this. I am a mover and I don't want to be bedridden when i come home, I like to do things around the house and might not have the support of anyone else besides my boyfriend to help clean and do laundry. I wanted to be able to do this stuff on my own, I wanted to get around and do what I need to do. I am not so concerned about the scar, just that I have to be cut open and stapled shut and it's not going to be fun. Plus then I have to lay on the table and get put back together and not be with my baby once he is cleaned off and checked over. I am going to be so sad not to have that experience of delivering him. It's so cut and dry, you go in, they cut you open, half hour later your baby is out and then you are in pain for god knows how long. That just sucks. I have spoken to 2 friends who recently had a c section and they gave me some input, it just stinks that I had this whole other plan in my head and now it has to change. That's life I guess so I will just focus on the positive.
So sometime in late March or early May I will be a momma to a new little boy. In a way I was kinda hoping it might be a girl so I can do the dresses and hair and nail painting, but that was not God's plan for me and I am grateful for the little boy he gave me. Now the name game starts. Of course my bf and I cannot agree on ANYTHING so I will update you all with the possibilities!!
I am so happy and grateful that this pregnancy has been a gift from heaven and this little one has been so easy on me so far! I can't wait to see his little face and hold him now!!
Ohhhhhh yeaaaaaa, and by the way a certain someone lost the bet!!! MUM you were WRONG!!!!
17 Comments on Gender Scan 11-12-2010jessp27
- Wednesday, 1 Dec hey girl! I havent been on in a while, i had a lot of complications with my pregnancy at the end which resulted with me in the hospital for over a month, but i had my little peanut on 11/8> I had a healthy little girl Jaclyn Michelle, she only weighed 4 lbs 15 ozs but is so healthy and strong, no NICU or anything. I was thinking of you and wanted to check and see what you were having! Congrats on your little BOY and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! Thanks for all of the chats on here and I wish nothing but the best for you! Take care!!! xoxo Jess ArielS
- Friday, 19 Nov I meant to say don't stress about the C-section. It's surprising what you can cope with. My sis was also gutted when she was told that she had to have one for her son. Unfortunately he was in breech position and they tried to turn him a couple of times but had no luck, so it was out of her hands. At least you will know when the baby is arriving so you'll be all prepared. Sometimes you just don't get a choice in these things and it's not like you are choosing to have a c-section. antiguababy
- Wednesday, 17 Nov Wow! Congrats on a boy!! That is so great :) I'm sorry about the C-section though...that sucks, and I don't blame you for being bummed. Of course it will all be worth it in the end, but it doesn't sound like fun. Congrats again! :) soon2be momma d
- Tuesday, 16 Nov Yea for a boy!!!! We are both team Blue! I am so thrilled he looked perfect and I am sure your mind and heart are lighter. About the C-section. I wanted an all natural birth with DD and unfortunately I had to let go of what I wanted for my health and Olivia's. I just wish I had given in a long time before, it would have saved me and Olivia some distress. Anyway, this time I am having a scheduled c-section and am so thrilled. I know we get an idea of our 'ideal' birth in our heads and it is hard to let go of. But, honestly, the only goal of pregnancy is to get a healthy baby and mommy at the end of it. They don't give out awards in the recovery room for natural versus medicated, or vaginal versus c-section. Also, I was in better shape after my c-section that my 3 best-friends were after their vaginal deliveries. Two tore from vagina to rectum and didn't have babies over 6 lbs! The other just took forever to feel better down there. The first 2-3 days were not painful, just akward and uncomfortable - my staples were taken out the day I left the hospital and that is when I really started to feel better. I had to really watch myself and work to not overdo because I felt so normal. Honestly, by day 6 I was great. Talk to your OB and the LD at the hospital you will be at and ask about their procedures when having a c-section. I got to see and hold Olivia immediately after she was born. They lowered the sheet enough for me to see her all white and gooey the second they pulled her out. They let me and Jeff hold her for a few minutes, take some pictures, etc. and then took her to weigh her and wipe her down, etc. Jeff was allowed to take pictures of her while all that was happening and they were stiching me back up. I had her back in my arms 10 minutes after I gave her to them. She stayed with me and Jeff while I was taken to the recovery room, etc. I got to nurse her as long as I wanted as soon as I hit the recovery room which was within 45min-1 hour of her birth. We successfully EBF for 13 months. Olivia stayed with us until hours later until they came to take her for her bath and then brought her right back. I did elect to have her in the nursery at night but brought to me everytime she fussed or brought every 3 hours so I could nurse her. So, I am happy to tell you that your current thoughts on c-sections are NOT accurate. Take it from me, I was hell-bent on a vaginal birth and ended up with a c-section and am going for one again. It isn't bad at all! I don't feel like I missed out on anything! About the boy, now you just have a reason to try again in a couple years... so you can have one of each! The dresses and bows are fun, but boys are fun too!!! XOXO! TonynOllysMommy
- Tuesday, 16 Nov Oh, how exciting! :) So happy for you...your reassurance, your healthy baby, everything! Now, the fun begins! You get to buy all those sweet little boy clothes and shoes! My favorite part! :P RainbowRach
- Tuesday, 16 Nov Yay congrats on a healthy baby boy, maybe you'll have a girl next time ;-) Don't worry about the c-section. My op took 25 mins. Emily was out in literally 1 minute. Once she was checked she was right next to me in my hubbys arms and as soon as they closed me up I had her some amazing skin to skin time. I was up and about the day after the op (a bit slowly!) and home the day after that. 7 days after the op I was out shopping and doing light housework. It only took me a maximum of three weeks to feel perfectly normal again. The only bummer for me was not being allowed to drive for 6 weeks xx Jubba
- Monday, 15 Nov Yay for a boy ! So glad you finally got to see what you're having. Boys are so lovely. So rough and tumble, and i think a lot less stress when they're older. Sorry you are disapointed about having to have a ceaser. But you really have nothing to worry about. It is so quick and easy and over in minutes, and then you have your baby. No pushing for 20 hours or whatever. And i'm sure every hospital is different, but all they did was wipe my boy off, and then i got to hold him. They did take him away for a couple of hours after that though. Not so bad. And I was only very sore for about 2 days, and then only mild discomfort for 2 weeks then nothing really. gcmum
- Monday, 15 Nov Congratulations Hunnie :) and welcome to team blue :) ArielS
- Monday, 15 Nov Congrats!! Boys are great. In fact I would almost like to have all boys. Our wee man is so cruisy. I've heard from many people that boys are actually much easier than girls. I'm so happy for you, I'll be smiling all day now. lil.pigz
- Monday, 15 Nov Congrats on the bouncing boy,lol! Eh, I was sure it was a girl, but then again I am riddled with nothing but pink in my life:-) Don't worry about c-sections!!!! If they were sooooo horrible, my 1st child would have been an ONLY child, without a doubt. And in no way would I be attempting to go for my 6th one,lmao. Im not a glutton for punishment! I only had staples once, all the others were dissolving stiches. No issues. Lol, having my gallbladder removed was worse, Id NEVER do that again. Thank God we only have one of those,lol. You will be fine♥ sam33
- Monday, 15 Nov Aw a boy, congratulations! Try not to worry to much about how he comes out - i had a fibroid with my 3rd child yet still gave birth naturally though did haemorage after, but that was due to retained placenta. Anyway the fibroid disappeared after that pregnancy and hasnt come back since. Yet with 4th baby had emergency caesearean due to a cord prolapse - so you just cant predict these things.Hmm thinking of boys names, i have a carter and a river, just a suggestion lol x *preggersafter2angels*
- Monday, 15 Nov Yay!!! Congrats on your little Boy! So glad he finally let you see the goods ;) butterfly-angel
- Monday, 15 Nov Yah!!! A little boy!! I knew it :) So happy for you - boys are great ;) Mum2anAngel
- Monday, 15 Nov LOL YES YES YES wrong I am. lol. But really... so happy for you. Thats crappy that you dont get the vag route. C sections arnt all that bad. They have their upsides like getting to plan and pick the date and what not.. And provided you get up and moving quick you will heal fast. less than 12 hours after mine i was up and standing beside Lilys bed. (sure I was hunched over and It was only for breif periods before I would sit down again) but by three months I was strong enough to be doing P90X - with sit ups and all. You will be fine. Amalthea
- Monday, 15 Nov dont worry about the C Section too much..i had to have one with my first, he was breech.. it went VERY WELL, after the surgery they wheeled me into recovery and my dh brought our son to me from the nursery and i held him right there..it was amazing, didnt feel like we missed out on the whole birthing thing, he was clean and dressed and lovely when i got him and dh was with him the whole time i was being closed up..i was up and walking the next day, i healed fast and well.. i was at disneyland when my son was 4 weeks old TwoBabyBuntings
- Monday, 15 Nov Congrats! Awe I have always been around girls. It would be so much fun to shop for cute little boy stuff!! Sorry the c-section has you feeling so down. I was the same when I ended up with one with DD. I was up the day after at the hospital but it was limited how well I could move around. When I got home though I was up and around and doing the things I needed just had to take some extra breaks! It will all work out and once you have him in your arms you won't even care anymore! jamie86
- Monday, 15 Nov Congrats on the baby boy. Boys are so much fun!!! I believe I said you were having a boy too :)