Write a new blog
|19-1-2012 - HOW MANY WEEKS AM I?????
||My mood while writing this blog:|
O.k. the doctors gave me the first due date of 03/18/12.. then i went to my (20) week ultrasound and they said the baby was measuring (22) weeks.... and well they said your due date is 03/07/12.. and I was like well I guess the first ultra sound was off then.
Well I changed my doctor and they said from that ultra sound that, that date was right. And even I was measuring 2WEEKS AHEAD. But when I had to change my doctor AGAIN, he said from the first ultra sound that he wanted to change my due date to the 03/23/12 to be on the safe side. Then he gave another ultra sound and the baby weighed about 3 lbs. and 9 ozs. So if I was due on the 23rd then I am just having another big baby. Which he said is normal cause both of my daughters weighed over 8 lbs. And, if I was due on the 7th then the baby would be weighing a little small. But, I am measuring bigger????? So confusing...
Ok I am trying to really find out how many weeks I am?!? Ok I now know you can base home many weeks you are by:
1. YOUR LAST LMP
2. BABY'S FIRST ULTRA SOUND
Well I am not to sure when my last lmp was, I had a SHORT one in June around the 8th or so but, the only thing that had me thinking I was pregnant was cause it was only 3 days long. My periods are around the normal 6 to 7 days!! So if I go to pregnology.com And, this is what I got from calculating the dates and the implantation dates as well....
FOR THE DATE OF 03/18/12
Last menstrual period: Wed, June 8th ,2011
Ovulation date: Tue, June 21st ,2011
Conception date: Wed, June 22nd ,2011
Implantation date: Thu, June 30th ,2011
Due date: Wed, March 14th ,2012
THIS SOUNDS RIGHT TO ME, IT WAS THE FIRST DATE THEY GAVE ME AND PLUS I FOUND OUT ON 4TH OF JULY THAT I WAS PREGNANT!!!
FOR THE DATE OF 03/07/12
Ovulation date: Thu, June 16th ,2011
Conception date: Thu, June 16th ,2011
Implantation date: Sat, June 25th ,2011
Due date: Wed, March 7th ,2012
AND I AM CONFUSED ABOUT THIS ONE BECAUSE WHEN I TOOK THE TEST IT WAS A FAINT LINE!!
FOR THE DATE OF 03/23/12
Ovulation date: Sat, July 2nd ,2011
Conception date: Sat, July 2nd ,2011
Implantation date: Mon, July 11th ,2011
Due date: Fri, March 23rd ,2012
THIS WOULDN'T BE RIGHT IF MY CONCEPTION DATE WAS JULY 2ND I WOULDN'T HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND OUT SO EARLY ON THE 4TH OF JULY!!!
SO I THINK MY DUE DATE IS 03/18/12 WHAT DO YOU LADIES THINK ABOUT THIS???????
10 Comments on HOW MANY WEEKS AM I?????CRadford
- Friday, 20 Jan I would go with the 18th, its based on you LMP which you know (short or not it happened). Plus its possible that you are just measuring ahead (especially after 3 babies). K1mber *Team Pink*
- Friday, 20 Jan The 18th sounds right to me. Since you still have a little while to go, maybe they will change it again. I guess you can just be ready by the 7th just incase, but you could go all the way to the end of the month. That must be annoying for the range to be so broad. vickiessecret
- Friday, 20 Jan My dr told me the most accurate way to get your due date, is through the 1st ultrasound. My period was messed up & I had to have an ultrasound done to determine my due date. & when I count back the days, I got pregnant as soon as I went of birthcontrol..lol. It's very confusing, but my dr's are using my ultrasound to give me a due date. Good Luck :) older1sttimemom2Be
- Friday, 20 Jan The first one sounds right. I am due March 11th and got my period on June 9th. They always go by that first ultrasound. My doc was explaining why but I can't remember, other than it's the most accurate measurement. Just because you are measuring a bit bigger doesn't mean the due date changes. I am measuring about 7 weeks larger due to fibroids but my due date is staying the same. My baby is also measuring about a half pound larger. I would stick with that March 14th date and ignore what they say. kitty79
- Thursday, 19 Jan Go with date you got based on first ultrasound. That is the most accurate. After week 18 the babies grow at different speeds so you may measure ahead or behind... but before that those early ultrasounds are looking for specific things that develop at certain weeks so if you measure 8 weeks, you are 8 weeks. Even with a lmp, most docs will go with early ultrasound for date. My doc explained that when as I got further along and was measuring ahead why he wouldn't change the date was because I had an ultrasound every week from week five on basically. Anyway go with first date jackie-1st-time-mom
- Thursday, 19 Jan I am due March 5th and I also found out 4th of July weekend that I was pregnant. My LMP was MAy 30th though..I was really paying attention so I am positive about the date. I have measured right on this entire pregnancy so I don't know... irachka143
- Thursday, 19 Jan I think March 14 R-N-E-H
- Thursday, 19 Jan I would go with the very first date they gave you with your sono. Sounds like the top choice then!! R-N-E-H
- Thursday, 19 Jan I would go with the very first date they gave you with your sono. Sounds like the top choice then!! threebagsfool
- Thursday, 19 Jan The first one sounds right to me, My LMP was june and my ovulation day was the 12. My due date is March 10-14. I had my pregnancy test July 7 after being a little more than a week late.