Write a new blog
|15-5-2009 - CONFUSED and sad
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So. Went to meet a new OBGYN yesterday. My best girlfriend had suggested I go meet hers. (mine is retiring and I don't care for the others that will be left in the practice)
So we did a "meet and great" and it was devistating. I began and told him of my 1st pregnancy that delivered at 28 weeks and he's 8 yrs old. I was delivered because of IUGR that time.
I told him of my second and most recent loss of Annabelle and the HELLP syndrome that caused that early delivery.
I told him that my MFM had done extensive testing and found that the ONLY thing wrong was that I had one gene mutation for the factor 5 ...blood clotting disorder and I told him that my MFM believed my hubby and I could try again and he'd treat me with Lovenox shots and very intense monitoring...
This new doctor told me that this was "crap" basically...that I couldn't and shouldn't do this again, that I would die, the baby would die and this was insane to even be considering this...WTF? How did another doctor my MFM and "old ob" think it was ok and this guy think it wasn't?
I AM SO CONFUSED!
13 Comments on CONFUSED and sadhope2bmom23
- Tuesday, 7 Jul kbielec- I take Fragmin 1 injection a day and have almost since conception...12 weeks this thursday and heard hb today at appt. Last 3 m/c couldn't make it this far so am excited. The bloodthinners are helping I believe. Had 2 healthy girls then 3 mc so had to get tested. Good luck with everything!! skittles0607
- Monday, 18 May Wow! I cant believe he said that. He is such an ass.. I would get another opinion though.. he is full of shit.. excuse my language.. mommyofxyxyxx
- Monday, 18 May are you heterozygous or homozygous??? That too makes a difference.. mommyofxyxyxx
- Monday, 18 May That OB's opinion is very antiquated..meaning..old fashioned. I had a wonderful OB in Manassas. Her name is Taja Josephs. I know it's a ways for you to go but she MAY have office hours in your area or could deliver there. Also, consider a fertility doctor. I don't know of any in that area but they're the ones with the answers and could possibly lead you to a good OB.
Also....just to be clear...you and I both know that having factor V or II or any of these ONLY means that you have a higher incidence of blot clots and may make you go into labor prematurely due to IUGR. Lovenox is our friend and there isn't ANY reason why you shouldn't try to conceive again. His opinion and ..it's only that..an opinion...may stem from a busy caseload or just not wanting to "Deal" with it. Better you know that now and not later. Keep your chin up. Don't let one jerk of a doctor upset you..... ellae
- Monday, 18 May Definetly get a second opinion. When I first got pregnant with Logan I had an ultrasound at a womens clinic and they said it wasn't a viable pregnancy and that id probably miscarry again and to scedule a d and c, so I went the very next day to a new obgyn and had an ultrasoud and I saw a little heart flickering. So don't take that bullcrap as an answer! kbfulloffaith
- Saturday, 16 May http://www.fvleiden.org/recently-diagnosed/kids.html
Hey ladies...check this out. I found this on a site...it's this that makes me CONFUSED and crazy...they say - go ahead have a baby...then the FREAKING doctor said that shit the other day...UGH mmyof3angels
- Saturday, 16 May I dont believe that for one minute!! You knmow my history, but I have the Factor 5, and MTHFR and I was told that with the blood thinners, extra folic acid and extensive monitoring that I would be just fine! PLEASE get another opnion! Dont give up! xoxo roosa
- Friday, 15 May I would find that hard to believe! Get a second opinion, or a third!!! baby[bump]mama
- Friday, 15 May i would get another opinion. good luck hun kbfulloffaith
- Friday, 15 May Thank you all for your comments...interestingly he was my second opinion. My MFM (peri specialist) was the one that said we COULD do this...and it may work with the blood thinners...he was the one that had run all the tests and told us to try. This new doctor was an ob - i need a new one because my current is retiring from delivering...and I was excited because this "new" ob deals with high risks...and he didn't even want to "deal" with me. It's just like getting the wind knocked right out of your sails. Shellie77
- Friday, 15 May whaaaat?!?! HE's crazy! See someone else!! mrsw
- Friday, 15 May Please get a second opinion. MummyYumYum
- Friday, 15 May Thats awful that he said that to you! I think if I were you that I would go and get a second opinion. I hope you are ok and dont let yourself get too stressed and upset until you get that second opinion hun xx