Write a new blog
|30-12-2010 - 16 week appointment
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well my 16 week appointment went well. My doctor was out of town so I saw the nurse practitioner which was fine I have always really liked her. We heard the heartbeat for the first time! At our 12 week she coudn't find it so she did a quick sono and we just saw it a few times bc the baby was moving like crazy!! Anyways the hearbeat was 140! She also felt my uterus and it is even with my bellybutton and she thinks that I am 18 weeks not 16! This makes complete sense to me! This baby was a suprise and the only time Jon and I had unprotected sex was the last day of my period (sorry if tmi)! We will be determining if I am 2 weeks ahead in four weeks at my 20 week ultrasound. So exciting and hey I will gladly take the 2 week jump :).
Weight gain. This is mainly on here for my records. I gained 4 lbs this appt so a total of 5 lbs gained so far. I was kinda suprised I gained that much this month!
So I want to hear feedback on this next part if you have been experiencing the same things... I have been extremely anxious with this pregnancy and extremely moody. You never know how I will be feeling. I am pretty sick of it. So I talked to the doctor about it and she perscribed zoloft and also said that she took it with her second child as well and seemed to really understand. Well I do not like taking medications so it is hard for me to even ask about things. I haven't taken it yet and when I got home I read the information on it and I am so scared of the side effects. I know everything has a huge list of crazy side effects but that is one of the reasons I stay away from them. I cannot bare the thought of continuing on with this pregnancy feeling so up and down but then again I do not want these side effects.. Has anyone else on here taken this drug I know it is quite common. If you have did you have any side effects? Thanks guys!!
5 Comments on 16 week appointmentproudmommyof3♥
- Friday, 31 Dec I'm quite moody myself so I totally understand... being super moody is a terrible feeling! I also have the same feelings as you about taking meds in pregnancy. I am just as apprehensive. I know the Dr.'s always say that if the benefits out-weigh the risks of the meds then to take them. I had to take mulitple meds including steroids at the end of my pregnancy with Ethan as much as I didn't want to but I was extremely sick with UC & ultimately knew feeling better was super important too. WIshing you lots of luck with your decision hun!
- Friday, 31 Dec I have heard that vitamin b6 can give you the same results as anti depressents and it is actually good for you and the baby. It might be worth trying if you feel nervous taking zoloft. I always trust my inner-voice. I do know that anti depressents help alot of people. You may also want to try walking outside everyday. I think I have needed anti depressents in the past but like you I was too nervous to take them. Hope that you can find a solution and I look forward to seeing what works for you. Baby-Fever
- Friday, 31 Dec I have heard of this more and more so I wouldn't worry to much. You need relief to actually ENJOY the pregnancy!!! I would take it and go from there. Good luck! mrsengel
- Friday, 31 Dec i was on celexa with my 1st pregnancy (same type of drug as zoloft) and everything was fine. i have also been on zoloft in the past. the first few days, i felt queasy but it passed. after about a year on it, i began to feel extremely tired. if you can get past the 1st few days, you should be fine. Good luck! naomi L
- Friday, 31 Dec I'm not taking anything but if I felt like you do I would. And when I read the side effects of medicine I don't even dare take even the simplest drug because of the fearsome list of things it might do to you! :) But I'ld say if the docter prescribed it and even took it herself it's safe! x