Write a new blog
|21-6-2011 - Its a ...
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Yep thats right, all those blue outfits I bought on clearance wont be going to waste afterall, lol.
I posted picks in my photo album if interested. ;)
We had an ultrasound today but didnt really think we would find out since the genderscan is at 20 weeks and the techs/docs dont like to say until then. But DH asked Tech if she could see. Tech said that it was usually still hard to tell at 17 weeks because most babies will still have TINY parts.. but that she would try and see if she can see anything. And then she paused and asked "are you sure you want to know" and we said "YES!" and so then she zoomed in and pointed "there is one leg, there is leg number two and now lets look between. You know what that is right?". She says he has very predominate boy parts for only 17 weeks and 1 day pregnant. lol. DH is walking around with a very puffed out chest right now, lol. Oh and the heartbeat was a strong 154. Tech says to keep it secret (dont tell doc she told us) until the 20 week scan though, lol.
Anyway, The rest of ultrasound went well. Cervix is measuring 3.8 inches long and is still closed. The placenta is far from the cervix (good thing) and they see nothing wrong.
So then we spoke to the doctor about the scan and my symptoms (bleeding/spotting, cramping etc). Doc says that though they do not see anything that doesnt mean there isnt something like perhaps a small bleed or something in the placenta. He says that with everything there is a chance of miscarriage but to not dwell on it since everything does look good and healthy. He says since I notice less cramping/spotting when I stay in bed all day, that I should not work and should be basically on bedrest until further notice. He says that most of the time it will stop in week 22-26 once you get to 3rd trimester but not always. So I might be off rest in 3rd trimester or remain on it throughout the pregnancy. He signed off on my STD paperwork for work (short term disability) and I must come see him weekly until further notice. He wants to take no chances. I feel well taken care of at this point.
DH and I discussed and we agree me and baby are most important so even if work denies my STD and fires me, we will be okay/. We will need to find better health insurance and DH might have to get a second job, but we will be alright.
22 Comments on Its a ...val-c
- Monday, 27 Jun That is great news! Congrats mommykeisha
- Thursday, 23 Jun Yay congrats welcome to team blue :)!! lains
- Wednesday, 22 Jun How awesome! Yay! Congrats! x mamadear04
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Congrats!! Wow your 17 weeks it seems like you just posted on here that you were pregnant..LOL I hope it flys by for you.. xolilangel785
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Congrats on the boy!! It seems like everyone is having boys!! =) missyv28 (pink)
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Congrats!!! sweetie2320
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Awh a boy!!! Congrats! That is so great! Bots are amazing. Mommy boy. ellemonroe
- Wednesday, 22 Jun wow it seems like everyone is having a boy congrats mariyeyamikey
- Wednesday, 22 Jun congrats girl you are getting a boy so happy for you. jesi2011
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Congratulations on the baby boy! priddy-mama
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Congrats!! ttc-caprice
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Congratulations!! I guessed u are having a boy. babydoll76
- Wednesday, 22 Jun woo-hoo on the boy good luck. FYI as far as i know you can NOT be fired because of short term disability. you can contact department of labor and explain the situation to someone. or look on line with your state department. hope all works out for the best. also if you have insurance with this job and they do fire you, you are intitled to COBRA coverage for up to 6 month after your insurance ends. then you can always check with WIC to see if you quailify and medicaid or medicare i always get them mixed up. AbbottBaby3
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Yay congrats! hazebeyond
- Wednesday, 22 Jun Aww! Boys are AWESOME!! You guys are going to have so much fun. I love playing with Tonka trucks and going camping and playing cricket . . . oh, and my boys do, too, I guess . . . :D. And I know, it's really comforting to know a professional is really looking after you. Got a good doc there! Happy days!
Oh, and funny - with my first, the sonographer said, 'There's one leg, there's the second leg and oh, there's the third leg'. Hehe. cnjsmum
- Tuesday, 21 Jun Congrats, a beautiful wee boy!! 2angelbabies
- Tuesday, 21 Jun CONGRATS!!! Glad to hear your dr. on board and wants to watch you closely and put you on bedrest. It does became overwhelming but at the end it is worth it. I will be praying everything stays good. My high risk dr. told me her daughter bleed her whole pregnancy and they never knew why. Have a good weekend. Wednesday0411
- Tuesday, 21 Jun congrats on the baby boy!! Hope everything is going better for you damnkat
- Tuesday, 21 Jun Wonderful news! I'm glad everything is ok! Katmoma
- Tuesday, 21 Jun iam so very happy for you that at this point there is nothing seriuos to be concerned about.. your docter sounds awsome. and again congrats on a lil boy.. Katmoma
- Tuesday, 21 Jun omg congrats. be right back gota finish reading your blog just had to say woohoooo lol sunflower-j
- Tuesday, 21 Jun OMG how exciting. Your lucky to have been able to find out bubs a boy xoxoxo