Write a new blog
|31-5-2010 - -Sydney has been in rough shape-
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So...a quick update on things with me and miss Sydney. Last wedneday she developed a a fever after going to play group for the first time....by thursday I couldnt get the fever under control so I brought her to our family doctor, apparently there was nothing wrong with her that she could find. Friday it got worse, not only was she still fevered regardless of having given her both advil and tempra but she became incredibly irritable, my happy smiley baby cried for an hour and a half strait and it was practically impossible to console or comfort her. I brought her to CHEO (childrens hospital of eastern ontario) and after a bit of a wait it was determined that she has a middle ear infection, and a UTI, they had tried catheterizing her but it was discovered that she had vaginal adhesions that had practically close off her urethra, a neonate catheter was still 2-3 times to big to fit in. So not only does she has a double whammy with the UTI and ear infection but she also has to have estrogen cream applied vaginally 2 times a day for at least a month, and well if that doesnt work they may have to surgically fix the adhesions although they are sure the cream will fix the problem. I felt like such a bad mom for not having noticed there was something up with her cooch, after they told me they proceeded to show me and it obvious her labia are fused...I dont know how I could have missed that especially Im the one who does all of her hygiene stuff.....Anyways its monday and she has been on antibiotic for 4 days now. Today she developped a nasty cough, I brought her to the clinic and the dr told me she was fine.....I hate to second guess someone who has had formal medical training but I cant help but feel like theres something up with her. I have never heard a baby cough like she has today, she sounds like she is going to cough up a lung. I guess at this point theres not much I can do but keep an eye on it and if it gets worse bring her back in and have her rechecked. On top of all of this Sydney has barely eaten anything in the last 3 or so weeks. She eats maybe 2 yogurts a day and if its a good day, a bite or two of a veggie (usually sweet potatoes) here and there Ive managed to get her to eat a few pieces of macaroni or pieces of chicken but she has been very opposed to eating anything that isint puree (applesauce, yogurt...) Ive been giving her vitamin supplements because Im afraid shes not getting the nourishment her growing body needs, that and I have been breastfeeding her lots because it seems to be one of the only things she will consume that doesnt turn into a fit of tears. I dont know whats going wrong with her but it seems to be one thing after another, needless to say Im concerned for her,
As for me, Im barely keeping up with everything I have on my plate at this point in my life. Between school, a out of sorts infant, work, houseowrk to keep up with and everything else a domestic godess/mom/student/slave to the wage has going on....I truly look up to my mom for having gotten her degree while working full time and chasing after 2 kids who were far froom well behaved. It funny how you never appreciate your mom more till after you have kids and realise how amazing they were to have kept up with everything and having raised a half decent woman. But yeah, thats the gist with me...im overworked, exhausted (Sydney still does not sleep through the night)and yeah.........blah!!!! Ill update you guys again soon, mos def after I figure out what the deal is with my little turtle bits Sydney! peace.love.chicken.and.poptarts
5 Comments on -Sydney has been in rough shape-AllyCat62683
- Tuesday, 1 Jun I took my daughter in for her 9 month well child visit and she had 2 ear infections! I felt so terrible for not noticing she was in pain but I thought it was teething or something. This was a week after she got over a yeast infection/really bad diaper rash. It is so hard to juggle daily life on top of trying to figure out what may or may not be wrong with our little people who can't talk. All we can do is our best we and appreciate those who did it for us. 2LadsAndLilLady!
- Tuesday, 1 Jun Dont worry Landen cried for almost a week and i tok him to the doctors he said its a tummy bug even though he wasnt really being sick, so took medicine home with me and hour later his hands and nails turned blue and his lips and i panciked went hospital and he had a UTI took them over 2 hours to find out, they only checked wee as a precaution, thought it was tonsilitus!! stupid docs i knew something was wrong, there shit. You will be ok, just seem slike a lot when you have a sick child, like everything is too much, but one she starts getting back to normal you will be ok x nhowa9
- Tuesday, 1 Jun i completely know what you mean about appreciating your mother so much more as soon as you have your own! my hands go down to my mum for raising us and keeping up with everything else life throws at you. I hope miss sydney starts to feel better, it sounds like she has really taken a knock over the last few weeks. Kyelah was really sick for about 2-3 weeks and she basically stopped eating because when she did she threw up. My mum ended up saying to me that their appetite will come back on their own accord and that you shouldnt worry too much as long as she is getting SOMETHING into their tummys.Fingers are crossed things start to get better. =) xx Ready4No2
- Monday, 31 May Hmm... That should be 11 "hour" sleeps... Ready4No2
- Monday, 31 May If your DD has not been feeling well, it's quite normal not to be eating like usual... My DD caught some kind of virus at about 10 months and went completely off solids for about a week. We nursed through it and gradually added the solids back in. It took quite a while to get back to where we were. Unfortunately her 11 sleeps have never returned :( I would offer the advice to keep offering solids, but know that it might take a while. And as long as she's nursing lots like you say she is, she should do well. Lots of cuddles and lots of nursings. And, of course, trust your instincts! Best of luck!!