Write a new blog
|11-12-2008 - Baby Blues
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I had another midwife visit today and she discharged tilly can you believe shes already 8pound 8 and a half. my little lump!
She has caught a cold tho and had me up allll night!! im soooo tiered its horrible as theres nothing u can give jus make sure temp is right and she can be tilted a little in her moses basket but thats all so i jus have to sit and wait for it to clear itself.
it dosent help that im feelin poorly myself and cant stop crying! so much that its doin my head in. the midwife has said she wants to see me next week jus in case im not feeling better.
she said that as i had such a quick labour my hormones prob came crashin back down rather then slowly thats why its hitting me so much.
i feel so selfish for crying cos i have the most precious gift ever but i jus cant shift this feeling.
Has anyone else felt this? i jus need sum reasurance
5 Comments on Baby Bluesminkymoo78
- Friday, 12 Dec Oh honey I'm so sorry you're feeling down but hopefully it won't last long, you're probably exhausted. Give yourself and your body chance to get back to normal and for your hormones to settle down and I'm sure you'll be fine. Lots of love xxx mummy23
- Thursday, 11 Dec You will be ok, your body has been though so much and it needs time to get back to "normal"
Let me no when you want your hair done that will make you feel a bit better!!
Tilly must love her food bless her!!
- Thursday, 11 Dec I had my little man on the 2nd of this month, and ive beenf eeling like this too... i dont have it all the time...but sometimes i just feel sooo low... and it has nothing to do with him crying, because he hardly ever crys, hes a really quite baby, but i just cant hold back the tears tho... today i have been feeling a little better, i dont know why but im praying the depressed feeling doesnt come on me today or ever again because i dread it... something that seems to help me is to take a bath or shower, and for m e it is better to have less people around, because it seems i have been more depressed when they are around, and i cant just go and cry right in front of them so i keep it all bottled up inside, which isnt good... hopefully u start feeling better too! no2intheoven
- Thursday, 11 Dec Aww sweetie, it's COMPLETELY normal to feel this way. Your hormones are all over the place just like the midwife said and the baby isn't feeling well so it's a lot to handle. Try to sleep when Tilly does, taking a nice warm bath may help. You are doing a good job!!!
I went through that myself but what helped me was to be around others so that they could help lift my spirits...
Take care of yourself~~ EmmaReed84
- Thursday, 11 Dec I had really bad baby blues with my 1st. I was so ill after i had him I was on a drip and didnt hold him for two whole days cos i just did not feel well enough, because of that i felt i never bonded with him.
When i got him home he was such a grizzly baby, always cried and just wanted to be held all the time and the minute i put him down he would wake and cry again, I felt sooo low and at times wished some one could just take him away for a couple of days, and i felt soooo guilty for feeling like that.
After a little while things started to settle down and over time i bonded with him. I know its not quite the same as your situation, but things do get better. If you feel like crying then cry, better out than bottling it all up.