Write a new blog
|07-7-2011 - It's Back - Fuk you universe !!!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well, the unthinkable happened! We arrived at Drs and he basically said, it's back! Daniel has 3 new tumours in his tummy, the largest measuring 11cm. The good news is that they have said it seems to be slow growing, the think it has been growing for about 12 months.
From here on this is what we face:-
Daniel needs a bone marrow transplant. Drs are testing Daniel's sister for her tissue type to match and if she is not a match they will be going to the Global Donor Registry to try and locate a donor. Finding a donor (is sister is not a match) could take 3 weeks or 18 months - its a "who knows" scenario.
In the mean time Daniel will be put onto a course of Drugs which has some really long weird name. Its not Chemotherapy but a new drug that has been on the market for about 2 years. What it does is supresses the growth any further and hopefully shrinks it. It is not a curative approach, but rather an option to buy some time whilst a donor is located.
We were told the worse case scenario of course which is when I totally lost it ... if they do not locate a donor or if the transplant doesn't work, my DH will be gone within 5 years! SOOO we just hope and pray on everything that a donor is found AND it is successful!
In the mean time we have decided (not in haste as we've been talking about it on/off for months) we are going to sell our house and our investment unit, and buy a new house in a new location! Our theory is whatever the fuk has been going on the last 5 years that this illness wont go we will change EVERYTHING to break the chain !!! New baby, new house, new location, new treatment, NEW LIFE !!
The bone marrow transplant itself has some complications which will make it very difficult, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.
At this stage I am in a world of numbness and anger. I shed my tears - alot earlier today so the sadness has passed - now I just wanna make all the changes we need and kick this m#ther f#cker out of his body for good!
Thanks ladies for all your well wishes! I really appreciate it! I am going to stay on this site and check in daily and update the usual and just be "normal" ....
Thanks for listening, I will keep you updated!
- Lains xox
PS:- I had my GD class yesterday, and mine is totally controlled by diet which rocks!
31 Comments on It's Back - Fuk you universe !!! ballerinagirl
- Monday, 18 Jul Oh lains!! I am so sorry to hear the news. I had my hopes up for you and DH. I wish any of us could do something for you other than say we're sorry. Words can feel so useless sometimes. I'm a registered blood marrow donor. Get the word out on FB / email / phone for friends and family to get tested & registered. A girl from my HS developed cancer and needed a donor huge numbers of us went out and got tested / registered to see if we were a match for her or others. I'm hoping and wishing for his sister to be a match! I'll scream and yell with you for a bit if you like. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHH!!! It's so unfair. Crap, crap, crap. And more crap. Double boo. Now, onwards and upwards to a successful treatment plan for him. Love to you both. ArielS
- Friday, 15 Jul Well that sucks poohs! I have everything crossed that his sister will be a match and everything works out. bethany13
- Tuesday, 12 Jul I am so sorry to hear this. It is inconceivable to me to imagine what you're going through but I hope you know you have many people out here thinking of you and praying for you, your husband, and your new child. Doctors can do amazing things these days and with diligence and prayer, all things are possible. Please don't be discouraged. I hope you can find some comfort in all this once your little one arrives and you have relocated and started fresh :) woobie
- Tuesday, 12 Jul Lains, I'm sorry you are going through this sadness, when it should just be happiness. We are saving cord blood and cord tissue with this pregnancy. You may want to look into it, as it's amazing what they are already able to treat with it. CA runs extensivley in my family being the reason we are doing this. I don't know you as I am in week 33, but best of luck to you and your family. LadyJade
- Tuesday, 12 Jul Man I am so sorry lains....life can be a total son of a bitch. I totally agree with the new everything . Do it. Get a fresh boost and a change from the old. I wish you guys lots of strength to kick this. xx citaly21
- Monday, 11 Jul Hang in there honey, I will be praying you guys find a donor asap. If his sister doesn't match can you post this on a FB status to see if any of your friends do match? Just think lil bean will be here soon enough and that will put both of your minds on that precious lil baby. Hugs honey. ...bellyfulloflove...
- Sunday, 10 Jul Sorry to hear the bed news, hopefully his sister is a match. Will be thinking of u both xx ttc-caprice
- Friday, 8 Jul I'm sorry hun, please keep us up to date on his treatments. crazyfornumber3
- Friday, 8 Jul I'm so sorry...xxx Sounds like they have some very good treatments out there now...I will pray for you guys. jfer
- Friday, 8 Jul You sound like you guys have a great plan in place.I don't know how to explain it but I have a feeling inside me that this is all going to work out for you! You make me feel proud of you for the way you are dealing with everything. Best of luck to all of you!!! Treenbeen
- Friday, 8 Jul I'm very sorry to hear this news. I wish the best for you guys! Have you asked the doctor about cord blood? I know that they use it for many, many conditions. Check into it, maybe this baby will be more of a miracle than it already is!!! Tamarahope
- Friday, 8 Jul I'm so sorry to hear it's back. You and yours will stay in my thoughts. I too think the "new life" approach is a great idea. I am glad to hear the GD isn't going to be to much of a problem for you. Sounds like you're doing great at it so far but just keep that head up. You can preserver. xxx NewMama14
- Friday, 8 Jul So sorry to hear about your hubby. I love your approach on the new baby, new house, new location though!! (((hugs))) xolilangel785
- Friday, 8 Jul Hi Lain.. I am very sorry to hear about Daniel.. you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Everything will work out great and I think starting all "new" is a great idea!!I am going to be pm you regarding an organization that you should check out. ldybug1752
- Friday, 8 Jul Just keep your uplifting, positive attitude, and you'll both get through this so you can enjoy your new life together! Lots of love and hugs to you and Daniel and your little one! kitty79
- Friday, 8 Jul I am sorry to hear of this bad news but you sound very positive which is great for you, your baby and your husband right now. I will be praying and thinking of you all and hoping all goes well. Keep us updated. babydoll76
- Friday, 8 Jul i am sorry for this news prayer are with you and your famil and hope everything works out. kimkayb
- Friday, 8 Jul I am keeping you & your dear Daniel in my prayers. I pray that his sister is a match so that your search doesn't have to go any farther. I love the idea for a fresh start, a new beginning. Only 10 more weeks and you two are going to get the best gift ever!!!!!! DiandClover
- Friday, 8 Jul Your positivity is inspiring, and I know you guys are in the right place mentally and physically to beat this!! Good plan to 'start fresh' - Kick cancer's a$$!!! xo sunflower-j
- Friday, 8 Jul Oh darl all my best wishes for you and your family. The universe is a nasty place and hope you all get the break you deserve real soon. I hope that he is lucky enough that his sister is a match. I know some bout marrow transplants. My mum was a doner for my uncle a few years ago. Any time you want to chat xoxoxo lola26
- Friday, 8 Jul Firstly I want to say that I have so much admiration for you right now...you are being so strong and positive about this and that can only be of help to your hubby and ur lil baby. I am sorry you have to go through all of this and I will keep your family in my thoughts and I hope that your hubby's sister is a match and if not he can get a donor asap. Good Luck with it and I will keep reading and praying for you xxx 7thbaby
- Friday, 8 Jul I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers. cnjsmum
- Friday, 8 Jul I am so sorry to hear this sad news. They will find a donor for your DH!!! And he will kick this horrible disease. Thinking of you right now!! Sending lots of hugs **** PokeysMum
- Friday, 8 Jul Firstly great news on your GD. Secondly, your attitude impresses the socks off me. I love the new house, new life idea. I really hope it makes a difference, any ideas of where you want to live? Somewhere warm maybe? I so hope his sister is a match but what a foul procedure for both of them to have to go through.You sound like you are back to being strong and in control again. Your baby is so lucky to have a Mum as great as you and they haven't even met you yet. Lots of love and well wishes for Dan. xx buttons
- Friday, 8 Jul I am so sorry you have to go through this. I will send as many positive thoughts and prayers that I can your way. There are new treatments coming along all the time and new ideas so just keep hoping and never give up. I hope that all goes well with your moving plans. Come to ACT!!!!!! Katmoma
- Friday, 8 Jul iam so sorry hun.. know iam thinking of you and your family through all this..where are you thinking of moving. sory curious..the northern nsw is lovely :) again thinking oh you sweetheart.. definatly keep us updated on how you baby and hubby are going x anna06
- Friday, 8 Jul sorry to hear the bad news thinking of you & ur husband. stacka
- Thursday, 7 Jul Thinking of you guys at this tough time. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you both right now. I know its easier said than done but try stay positive for your little one inside, as he/she feels it all. Stay strong guys, you can get through this xo damnkat
- Thursday, 7 Jul Awww sweety I'm sooo sorry. I'm praying his sister is a match!!! Maybe move to the country(rural vic), prices are pretty cheap and it's a great lifestyle. This truely is heartbreaking. Why does nothing ever happen to scumbag druggies or loser dole bludgers. Life can be so unfair. Wishing all three of you the best, please try to take it easy and look after yourself XOXOXO waiting4number3
- Thursday, 7 Jul So sorry to hear its back:( Hopefully his sister is a match! I will be looking for your updates and sending positive thoughts your way! ♥Heather♥
- Thursday, 7 Jul Awww hun i am soooo sorry, nothing i will say is going to make you feel better but know i am thinking of you and your husband x