Write a new blog
|24-7-2012 - Make up your mind!!!!!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
This is starting to sound like a broken record,lol....
OK, so went and saw my regular OB yesterday. He rescheduled my rescheduled c/s date BACK to the original scheduled c/s date of August 16th. It's staying there, period.
It has been an interesesting few weeks with these DR's... let me tell you! Last I mentioned, my DR was all for the steroid shots at 34 weeks and delivery at 37 weeks based on the specialists recommendations and notes. He agreed I probably had placenta previa if SHE said so. However, as the weeks went by, he started to have his doubts about his and her decision. He decided not to give me the steroid shots for baby's lungs at my 34 week appointment, which threw me for a loop:/He did an u/s at every visit and was looking for the placenta previa, and never did see it. Then the ultimate mind changer came when he saw the baby's head was engaged and was BELOW the placenta. He explained that placenta previa means it is covering the cervix so babys head would be resting ON the placenta, NOT the cervix. That just isnt my case. He originally wanted me to see a colleague of his for a 3rd opinion but I cancelled that appointment, I knew whatever he saw was not going to change my DR's opinion. He honestly said he did not feel comfortable taking the baby at only 37 weeks unless absolutely necessary.
In my heart I feel Aug 16th is best. I was starting to worry about a delivery at 37 weeks, next Friday. Not only was it approaching waaaaaay too fast, but the baby isnt very big and I have heard about baby boys having lung issues when delivered early. The closer to his due date we can get him the better off. He is currently weighing in at 5.9 pounds. A bit below average but otherwise looks healthy. He's just a little guy♥
My DR is going on vacation during my 38th week. My luck...I will go into labor while he is gone,lol.
So I have a few weeks to spare now anyway. Which is cool, since I havent even ordered his furniture yet, but I DID get the nursery painted:-) I am the definition of procrastinator!
10 Comments on Make up your mind!!!!!WhatCouldBe2
- Monday, 6 Aug Oh my goodness! Praying all goes smoothly for you guys :) Jjrhodes
- Friday, 3 Aug Hoping and praying everything goes well with babya and delivery. hollypoolewis
- Thursday, 26 Jul My son was born at 37 weeks and he was perfect. SO don't worry too much about his lungs...37 weeks is considered full term. My baby was 4lbs 11oz but...otherwise healthy. I do think it is best to keep him in as long as he needs to be...go with your gutt! If he is safer in your womb...keep him there until it is safer for him. Doctors like to worry you sometimes. Keep us posted!!! It is almost that time to hold our little guy! hollypoolewis
- Thursday, 26 Jul My son was born at 37 weeks and he was perfect. SO don't worry too much about his lungs...37 weeks is considered full term. My baby was 4lbs 11oz but...otherwise healthy. I do think it is best to keep him in as long as he needs to be...go with your gutt! If he is safer in your womb...keep him there until it is safer for him. Doctors like to worry you sometimes. Keep us posted!!! It is almost that time to hold our little guy! bjorgebaby
- Thursday, 26 Jul wow that will come fast. i hope everything goes smoothly from this point on, but its definately nice knowing a for sure now lilmissesmum-
- Tuesday, 24 Jul I think in all what you think matters most, if you werent comfortable and it didnt feel right than its best to go with that. I hope you are feeling better about it all now. MamaLuvnJah
- Tuesday, 24 Jul My boy was born at 38 weeks 5 lb 8oz . Lungs were great. Best wishes for a smooth delivery. tiffanygannutz
- Tuesday, 24 Jul I'm glad it isn't previa and that you are more comfortable with the 16th for him to come. The most important part is what you feel is the right thing. jamie86
- Tuesday, 24 Jul Good luck with everything. I'm glad you are feeling more confident in your drs decision. sarahbeth13
- Tuesday, 24 Jul I am glad you are feeling more confident about the decision. My dr is a firm believer in wait and see and keep the baby in as long as possible. He made me wait until after 3 days after my due date for a c section due to the baby being breech even though I have heard of people going around 38-39 when the c-section is scheduled. He just kept saying the baby should stay in as long as possible unless there is a reason to get her out quickly. I am so glad they don't think it is previa anymore! And that you have a few more weeks to prep. Of course if things start happening sooner then what is meant to be will be and everything will work out in the end. GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING!! Keep us posted!!