Write a new blog
|28-11-2008 - Doppler
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I finally got my doppler today. I got a FirstSounds Prenatal Heart Listener from Destination Maternity. I didn't realize though that it's made for the 3rd trimester. LOL, oh well. I tried to use it, but I couldn't hear anything. Every once in a while I heard something that sounded like a bumping noise, but I know it's not the heartbeat. I pressed it against my chest to hear my heartbeat to make sure it works, and it does so now I have to wait a few weeks to get it's full use.
Anyone get success with this/similar doppler before the 3rd trimester? What kind do you ladies use?
I just listened to the cd that came with it, and realized those bumping noises were kicks. I was also hearing the sound of my own bowels (how exciting, lol). I'm going to try it again and listen closely for the heartbeat. It doesn't sound like it would with the doctor's doppler, so I might have heard it and just missed it.
9 Comments on Dopplerjennlb30
- Sunday, 30 Nov I got my doppler from babybeat.com and I heard my baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks. Not only can I hear the baby's heartbeat, but it sounds like it's doing back flips in there!! LOL! Have you starting feeling your baby kick yet? KarenBG
- Sunday, 30 Nov that is so cool that you heard the baby kick!!! Tylers Mum
- Sunday, 30 Nov Ive had mine for ages and ive only been able to make it work a few times so dont stress out if you cant find the heart beat. My doc told me to wait until baby is at the surface and put the doppler on the hard part. you have to push it in kinda hard and make sure you use some kind of gel. i just used liquid soap, the sound needs somehting to travel through. Maybe ask your doc to show you how to use it properly. Also 17 weeks is really early to try. maybe wait a few weeks :) x Minnesotagirl
- Sunday, 30 Nov Ok, just from personal experince.... Don't expect to hear it soon!! Just be patient with it! Mine good one was $120--- It is 1000x's better and stronger than my $30 one..... not that the $30 one is bad, but you just have to wait it out.
If you are interested.... get one of the better dopplers..... here is the site of the one I love..... JUST COPY AND PASTE IT IN A WEB PAGE........
- Saturday, 29 Nov How much was your Doppler?
I have two... one that sounds like it is just like yours and then another I just bought and it is AWESOME!!
The two are completly different. The one like yours I cannot get any HEARTBEAT! Then I use my new one and I can get a HEARTBEAT within a min. or two! It's amazing!! I love having my new one!! It was worth every penny!!
Let me know what you paid for the one you have? sheisaqueen
- Saturday, 29 Nov SAME HERE GIRL!
Its funny my feeling were sooo hurt when it didn't work. i felt like what the heck! But I guess I can try again now. I was so sad I coldnt find it the first time that I put it in my car and left it in there. LOL I guess the hormones took over at that time! :laugh katey25
- Saturday, 29 Nov Hiya,
I got my doppler at 16 weeks, at first it took alot of patience and moving around but I found her!! As the weeks have worn on I can find her straight away - I got mine from dopplerhire.co.uk (I know your in the US but have a look at the make) The little burping noises I heard were her kicking! xxxx baby-momma09
- Saturday, 29 Nov sorry i meant babies r us baby-momma09
- Saturday, 29 Nov i bought my doppler for like $20 from toys r us and it worked when i was 12wks and i think my friend was 8wks and it worked on her too. the one i bought came with 2 head phones so 2 ppl can hear at the same time. def. works...