Write a new blog
|07-4-2009 - Appt 4/7/09
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I had my 36 week checkup today. This appt was with a different doctor, since I have to meet all doctors in the office in case they have to deliver Kaydence. More about her later...
Anyway, all is well with us.
Weight: 147lbs (5lbs gained since last appt)
FHR: 142 bpm (Kaydence had hiccups while we checked this. It was so cool to hear them on the doppler, and feel it)
Fundal Height: measuring 35.5 weeks (the doctor predicts Kaydence will be 6lbs 11oz at birth)
I got checked for dialation. I am a "fingertip" dialated. Also, Kaydence is not head down, so I get an ultrasound next week to determine if she's head down or not. If by then she is not, they will try to move her into position. Hopefully that works!
I got my GBS test today. It sounds much worse in the brochures than it actually was. It was over very quickly, and I didn't feel anything. I've been freaking out about this test for about 2 weeks, so I'm glad it wasn't too bad.
I found out that they will only let me go 7 days overdue, so that means I have 5 weeks at the most until Kaydence is here!!!!
Lastly, that doctor... She asked if I was getting an epidural, and when I said no, she immediately tried to change my mind. I didn't like that. She's the first doctor to try to discourage me from not wanting one. Obviously, things could change when I'm in labor, but at this point I am determined to have a natural birth. I don't understand why that doctor had a problem with it. Luckily my OB supports my decision so hopefully he delivers Kaydence and not this lady.
12 Comments on Appt 4/7/09aloha.ma
- Thursday, 9 Apr Sounds like your doing great....but just remember try to be open for anythinig....labor is a very unpredictable thing. I hope it works in your favor though...regardless it will be beautiful! Mandy Irish Mommy
- Wednesday, 8 Apr Oooh were getting close. your sound like your kepping well which is great. cant believe we only have 4-5 weeks left! i cant wait!!! we hope to move into our house next week so finally i can set up the nersery!! im so behind on things..lol i havent my labour bag packed yet!!! oops!! lol jennlb30
- Wednesday, 8 Apr It's getting closer! You getting excited yet? MAMAjo ♥
- Tuesday, 7 Apr how exciting! shell be here soon! babybell
- Tuesday, 7 Apr Well it seems its all looking pretty good. Hopefully baby is in the right postion to come into the world. Boy I hate the dr.s here, they love keeping us in the dark, they would never guess the weight for us & I am annoyed that I have told them about my pains & still they havnt even bothered to see if i have dilated or anything. Your BP is beautiful by the way, not too much longer now and she will be here !!! Good on you too for sticking with your decision on the natural birth !! x blessing8168
- Tuesday, 7 Apr So glad to hear all is well. Thank you so much for the update. I can't wait to see your precious little girl!! I am so happy for you!! jeje
- Tuesday, 7 Apr Glad to hear everything is going well. We are getting close:) ~Pretty-Pink86~
- Tuesday, 7 Apr im glad to hear everything went well, and i hope kaydence gets in the upside down position soon, which i have faith she will, yah that is the first doctor i have ever heard of thats tried to change someones mind that does not want an epidural, thats kinda weird, lol. but me im getting one for sure. you should try to do water birth cuz it will help relax you while you are in pain. missyv28 (pink)
- Tuesday, 7 Apr Might I also add your already 36 weeks?!?!?! omg!!!! You are almost there mama! missyv28 (pink)
- Tuesday, 7 Apr It's funny how ppl can feel so strongly for the epidural. Just do what you want and be lucky that's not your regular doctor haha SAHM-with-children
- Tuesday, 7 Apr i don't think it is because of insurance cause if you think about it that money wouldn't even go to her anyways.....I mean come on ppl think before you speak.....it maybe because of the fact that the baby isn't head down and if something were to happen and god for bid she needed to come out with forceps or vacuum or anything like that then she would have pain relief. or maybe it is just because this is her first baby she wanted her to really know that it is an option for her cause giving birth really hurts and she is a woman that knows this.......who knows I think it was a bit pushy for her to push you into getting it, but then again on the other hand though I think it was nice of her to let you know that it is an option and it is there for you if you need it, and your right things might change while you are in labor, and things may not even if you had decided you wanted it, doesn't mean you would be able to get it while in labor anyways highly doubt that but still it is a chance though ya know.....So I don't really think she meant any harm with it......and congrats on your 36th week....and good luck with the baby u/s and possibly needing turned issues...got to go though my little guy is awake and wants to eat mama25
- Tuesday, 7 Apr HEY GURLIE!!! WOOHOOO SO THAT MEANS AT MY APPT ON THURSDAY IM GETTING CHECKED FOR DILATION!!! I HOPE I AM BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN HAVING PAINS....I GOT MY GBS DONE 2 WEEKS AGO AND IT WASNT PAINFUL AT ALL.IT WAS A Q-TIP EXAM.IT CAME BACK GOOD. SO THANK GOD FOR THAT. I TURNED IN MY FMLA PAPERS YESTERDAY. I AM SOOO READY. I WAS TOLD TO APPLY WITH AETNA(SHORT-TERM DISABILITY) WITHIN 14 DAYS OF HAVING THE BABY