Write a new blog
|17-7-2008 - 3 whole years
||My mood while writing this blog:|
well todays a special day! Its scotties and I's three year anniversary of when we first set eyes on each other... its not really a romantic tale but ill tell all anyway..
one night out in deepest glasgow town i was at a good friends 21st generally relaxing laughing my head off and having a brilliant night - we drank cocktails and champagne and there was lots of dancing and laughing a little stumbling and a blow up doll for some reason..
its traditional on a night out in glasgow to get food after dancing and drinking the night away.. in fact its the law.. you have to eat a concoction of something you would probably never evern think of in a million years - its has to be either deep fried in a box or deep fried and on a stick.. if you could deep fry a vodka tonic you could prob get it served!
anyhoo.. 4.00 am girl walks into a chip shop feeling glamourous but probably looking a little worse for wear (at that time no one looks good) a group of men gather behind making comments and trying to chat said girl up.. my reply 'beat it' or something of that type..
the ginger boy pipes up in an irish accent "noice face sweetheart shame about yer fat erse!"
i tell him cheekily 'im sorry your parents gave you a face like that i can understand your bitterness" then catch glimpse of the most attractive guy i have ever set eyes on hes tall and dark with a scruffy hairdo and stubbly face and baggy jeans and eyes to die for and a perfect smile- also quietest of the bunch
"whos your hot friend" i say and smile at him
i take my chips and cheese (yes tres classy) and go outside to eat them with my friends
quiet boy comes out after in a scottish accent he say sorry and asks my name ( his mate was kidding he was irish).. we have a slightly drunken chat about all sorts turns out hes 23 same as me called john and in the navy.. feeling bold and high on champagne and cheesy chips (ok im cringing even telling you this but im sure you have all been drunk ) i say 'so then.. when are you taking me out' and wait for a reply and he says it will cost you a kiss.. i tell him i wont kiss him cause im not into kissing strange men and certainly not in the street outside a chip shop
he goes to give me his number - i tell him i dont want it.. 'heres MY number im not in the habit of chasing after boys.. ill leave it with youm of you dont call you dont call if you want to see me you have to make the effort.. '
i kiss him on the cheek and walk away thinking PLEASE GOD IF YOU ACTUALLY EXIST MAKE THAT GUY CALL ME..
and the next morning when i woke up hungover and feeling like a burst ball i looked at my phone.. 1 missed call and a text.. 'just making sure you got home ok cant wait to take you out"
and the rest is history... ( ok i later found out that he was only 21 called scott and worked for his dads company - but i can forgive the details!!! hahahah )
hes perfect the perfect partner the perfect example to my son and i just know he will be a perfect daddy to this baby.. hes been amazing (after the initial shock) and i didnt think i could ever be this happy to be in love with someone - i hope we stay together forever and ever.. cause when push comes to shove - theres no one else in this world i would rather be with.. xxx
8 Comments on 3 whole years *Lily-Hope-and-Teddys-Mummy*
- Monday, 18 Aug lmao love the story of how u met! runs similar to mine and my hubby's...also involved a chippie and cheesey chips altho there was also a stage where he pinched my arse abt 50 times on the dance floor in a club where ur feet stick to the carpet!
love how u dealt with him tho lol very classy!
congrats on the pregnancy! chips
- Friday, 18 Jul Congrats on your 3 years.........I loved your story......I hope you have lots more years of happiness to come!
god bless you both J9
- Friday, 18 Jul AHH BLESS!! so cute! I love getting together stories! I met my hubby almost 10 years ago and am still amazed that that was the night I met the man i'd spend the rest of my life with at the ripe young age of 20!! Gotta love 'em! x jennabean
- Friday, 18 Jul Arrh what a lovely story, I think it is dead romantic! xx mum444
- Friday, 18 Jul Naaaaw that is the cutest story ever!! i wish mine was as romanic as that...lol...worthy of a movie!! brown-eyes
- Thursday, 17 Jul aaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww lovely story u ve made my heart melt! h0peful
- Thursday, 17 Jul Congratulations on 3 lovely years! Thats sweet! MommyNhuDPrice
- Thursday, 17 Jul awwwwww, thats so sweet!