Write a new blog
|16-1-2009 - doctors appointment/stripped membranes
||My mood while writing this blog:|
a little better
so i had my doctors appointment today and everything was good, baby is wonderful, she mentioned that he should come here soon and i wont have to worry about a c-section, so lets just keep our fingers crossed for that :)
also- she checked me and she did say i had dialated a little more, then said "what im about to do may hurt a little, im going to strip your membranes which is a way to help speed along labor" and then all i felt was PAIN! oh my it hurt....and ya know ive read on here some girls who did it and ive read it helped with some and some got it done several times and nothing happened so...i guess we will see....it made me immediately hurt and cramp!! anyone experienced this or have any ideas?
so i guess now we play the waiting game!!!
7 Comments on doctors appointment/stripped membranesBeauti
- Saturday, 17 Jan never had my membranes stripped, but damn that sounds painful!! I hope that your lil guy makes him apperance soon as I know the discomfort that you are having since I'm having it myself....hopefully soon!
- Saturday, 17 Jan i had mine stripped on thursday. and for the rest of the day cramping and contractions that hurt so bad.
she also forcefully made me 3 cm.
so i completely understand.
idk if its working though, because, here i am 2 days later and still not in labor. Megan
- Saturday, 17 Jan i had mine swept with my first and it did hurt really bad, but my dr didnt even warn me. lol. at least yours gave you a heads up! i cramped for the rest of the day and bled a little but nothing happened. aloha.ma
- Saturday, 17 Jan I had it done twice with our daughter and the 2nd time "may" have been the trigger cause I went into labor the following morning. Yeah it does kinda hurt but it will go away. So good luck!!!! hannahbelle
- Saturday, 17 Jan with my first i had my membranes stripped 3 times, on the third time my midwife said to go home and have sex! "dr.'s orders" and we did and i went into labor that night. stripping membranes probably didn't do it on it's own but i think it was a combination of that and the semen and having a nice "O"..... sorry if that's all TMI, but at this point I think we're all past caring. lol, good luck! bezzi44
- Saturday, 17 Jan My pelvis is tilted so it freaking kills for the nurses to check my cervix just to see if it's dilated! I can't imagine the pain from a membrane sweep.
Good luck! taelynnzmommy
- Saturday, 17 Jan good luck! hopefully he will be here soon! I bet you are so ready for him to be born!