Write a new blog
|08-7-2011 - hospital, possible pre- eclampsia and pending induction
||My mood while writing this blog:|
tired and stressed
as some of you may already know for the last 7weeks or so i have been having
headaches, high blood pressure, occasional blurred vision, have swelling in the
hands, feet and face, and light headedness.
All of this has been noted by both my GP and midwife but protein was never found in
my urine so the worry wasn’t really there up until Tuesday when my blood
pressure shot up to 158/105 and traces of protein were found in my urine sample
at a routine appt with my DR.
safe to say i was swept quickly off to hospital where they did another urine
sample, but found no protein (i had just drunk about 10 litres of juice though
They checked my BP, which was still high so they took some blood which also
came back `normal`.
The next day (i was kept in overnight) my
morning urine sample came back with more protein on the dip stick thing, at
this point my blood pressure had been averaging 140/90 so they decided to send
a urine sample off to the lab, which again came back with protein, but they
said for them to do anything about it then it needs to be 30% and mine was 21.7
so they decided at 9pm to send me home, and told me to make an appointment for
the end of the week with my normal midwife, i asked what happens when they
check urine and they find the protein again? (which I thought was obviously was
going to happen) she said well then i will probably be sent back in and i
should be prepared for that and possible induction.
So although that was quite frustrating i was glad to be going home, although a
little confused and annoyed at spending 2 whole days in hospital for what
seemed like nothing, i went straight to sleep as soon as i got in, so definitely
appreciated not being in a hospital bed!
The next morning (Thursday) i called my midwife to make an appointment and
explained a little about the situation, she said she was pretty much booked up
but to come in straight away for a quick check between appointments.
When i got there she checked my BP and it came out at 180/132 and stayed
around this figure each time she and 3 other midwives checked. She checked my
urine sample and got a reading of ++ protein, so called an ambulance and
whisked me back of to hospital... all of 12 hours after id been discharged and
Typically as soon as i got to the ward my blood pressure had dropped to 140/96
and my next urine sample had no trace of protein... nor did the next, or the
next, but my blood pressure was very up and down so they decided to keep me in
overnight for observation.
They also did an internal exam to see if i would be 'favourable for induction'
but she said my cervix was really high and 3cm long... So apparently not!?
they decided not to let me go past 39weeks so i am booked in for induction on
the 17th July, hopefully nothing changes between now and then because i am
quite happy with that date!
So after another sleepless night spent with 4hourly checks and being prodded
and poked about they released me today, 4days after first being admitted, on
the conditions that i have to see my midwife again on Tuesday for a BP and
urine check (not that they believe any of her findings anyway!) and back to the
hospital as an out-patient for another check on Thursday. Then if all is the
same as it is ill be back for my induction on the 17th, Which i am really
hoping happens, i don’t want him before then because I’m scared that if my body
isn’t ready the induction won’t work and ill end up with a c-section... but on
the other hand if my BP goes back to normal I’ll be gutted to have everything
ready and set for the 17th and then have to wait for him to naturally arrive at
Ill be glad when this is all over, I’m totally exhausted both physically and
emotionally! i just want my baby boy here now where he is safe and i can give
Anyway ladies, sorry for such a long and probably boring blog! Thank you for
reading and i hope you and your bumps are doing fantastically!
love and belly rubs to you all xxxx
4 Comments on hospital, possible pre- eclampsia and pending inductionmagic number
- Monday, 11 Jul Thankyou guys i will keep you posted, it all depends on how things go this week but by the 19th july he should definitely be here!Excited- no they had no explanation except it must have been a 'dodgy batch' of dip sticks...im like what at 3 different surgerys?? and surely if that was the case you would be swamped with women thinking they have pre-eclampsia!? stupid docters! i know they dont really think that because they were quite keen to induce me and would have done it then if i had been at all ready. I just wish it was all over now i want my baby in my arms where i know he is safe! xx no.1mama
- Saturday, 9 Jul Scary stuff! I hope everything turns out good! keep us updated! ( = excited.4.our.first
- Friday, 8 Jul Wow what a crazy few days uve had! Its so annoying that they cant just give u a deffinate answer like u wud expect. Did they explain to you why there wud be traces of protein one minute and then the next none? Ive never heard of tht myself (not like im an expert or anything) but surely they shud be able to give u some good answers. I hope they wont mess u about like this anymore and that u can stick to ur scheduled induction date now. Let us know what happens. glad they let u go home in the end and hoping u can get some rest from al this stress before your induction. cowgirlie71859
- Friday, 8 Jul My thoughts are with you guys, Keep us posted if anything changes!