Write a new blog
|22-2-2011 - Hello
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hello fellow mommies.
I am back... I've taken the leave of absence and decided to come back here again. I miss some of you too much :0)
I've been busy... trying to promote and expand my... ventures... (since I ought not talk about it :0P) I'll post a few pics of stuff I've done lately. For sharing purposes... not trying to push myself on you guys :0) I also joined a local gym that is open 24/7 so I have been forcing myself to go work out for 40 mins-60 mins a day at least 5 days a week if not more... I joined at the beginning of February and a personal trainer (per free consult) gave me a 'plan' for losing 1 pound a week basically. And I am feeling very frustrated by it. I have about 90 pounds to lose to get to a healthy weight and I feel very overwhelmed by this. :0/ I have a hard time feeling motivated to go when I think of losing so little over a week... My DH tells me to just think of the progress at the end of a year... and what I can't stand is the thought of it taking me at LEAST 2 years to accomplish this! Thats a bit daunting for me right now :0/ DH and I have still NOT BD'd. I have been stubborn about it. I just don't want to... We have tried intimacy in other ways and actually had a pregnancy scare despite not having had actual sex... Sorry if thats confusing just spare ya'll details...lol (turned out the exercise delayed my AF by over a week...) He's being mostly patient about it. We have been griping a lot at each other lately so I don't feel too bad anyways :0P
Owen is wonderful. I don't know how life went on without him before. I absolutely LOVE having a baby boy. He loves his mommy soooo much :0) He prefers me over anyone which feels really good :0) He talks to me and laughs and giggles and I am soaking in every second :0) He sleeps through the night most of the time now... he's teething big time! He last weighed in at a little over 17 pounds at 4 months old. He is going on 5 months at the end of this month already! Talk about flying by hey! He rolls over both directions and we have started him on solids now. He has tried pears, apples, bananas, and sweet potatoes as well as rice cereal. He is still getting used to it all. He chews on his feet and hands alllll the time. He tries to crawl already... he's been sticking his butt up in the air, feet flat on the floor but his arms are to his side and behind him haha :0) Noelle did that same thing though shortly before she was crawling so it may just be a matter of time. Owen is picking up on some of this stuff faster I think.
Noelle is amazing. She is impressing me more and more everyday. I have no clue where she learns most of the things she learns but she's really expanding! She knows what just about any object is by name even if she can't say it... Like I'll ask her where the doggy is in the book and she says "right there!" and points. I test her on objects I've never identified for her and she still knows! Like rainbows and a crescent moon, etc. It is crazy! I am so impressed. She LOVES to read... her new thing lately is snuggling into bed after we read to her at night and sleeping with her book(s) lol. She'll stare at it until the light goes off. It is so awesome. She also is starting to pick up on singing the alphabet... I've gone through some flash cards which she likes the pictures but doesn't have the patience... so then I switched to trying to sing them to her a couple of times a day or every other day and then yesterday when DH took her to the doctor she was in the waiting room talking LOUDLY and she was starting to sing "A,B, *mumbled*, C, G, O, P" lol. I am excited :0) She is a little over a month out from her 2nd birthday. I of course have those mixed emotions on it... I love that she's getting older and more interactive with me but at the same time I can't believe how fast she's growing! Yesterday at the doctors (we took her because although she has a bowel movement everyday its always hard and she has trouble passing them) she weighed 27 pounds 9 oz and was 34 and 1/2 inches tall. Noelle has started learning to say "Oh-EE" aka... Owen haha. We call him O-ee all the time. It's pretty cool to start hearing her refer to him by name instead of 'baby.' When she hears a baby cry she now says "baby dying" instead of baby crying.... lol when we first heard he say "baby die" we were like WHAT!? and then realized with Owen crying what she meant. We try to correct her but she's pretty confident in her little world that when the baby cries its "baby dying" haha.
Noelle is really starting to adore Owen. Before she just kind of checked on him and occasionally helped me out with him but now she constantly wants to keep tabs... and tries to crawl into the crib with him now.... and fetches his toys for him when he throws them overboard... haha :0) I think she is starting to recognize that he is going to be an equal to her and that not long from now he will be able to play :0)
Thats it for the blah blah portion...
And now I leave you for the night! I will post a blog for the pics next... Take care guys :0)
5 Comments on Hellonich-vegas-mommy
- Thursday, 3 Mar oh I am glad you are back! B3thy
- Thursday, 3 Mar glad to heat that Noelle and Owen are doing so well! they sound wonderful :) I am sorry that losing weight has been so stressful for you! losing a pound a week is the healthy way to do it so even though it seems like it will take forever it won't and you will feel so much better. plus those adorable little ones need you to be around for a very long time so even though it is hard to get motivated maybe thinking of them will help? I was losing weight before I got pregnant and I remember that losing just 10 pounds made me feel so much better even though I wanted to lose at least 25. hang in there and keep us posted :) heidi80
- Saturday, 26 Feb i am glad everything is going good for you guys!!! hey don't be discourged on the weight lose thing it is the safe way to lose weight and it will be easier to keep it off rather then do crash dieting!!! i am a firm believer in exercise eating well and getting enough rest and the weight will come off in its own good time!!! even though i wish i would wake up 50#s lighter sometimes i know it will take a while! if you think about it this way it took 9 months to put it on it should not come off in weeks! well keep it up girl and if you are nursing Owen that may be why you don't have a sex drive! i never do until i start ovulating again lol!!! take care!!!! amy011
- Wednesday, 23 Feb Hey hun! Great to hear an update! So glad everything is going great. 1lb a week is a really healthy weight to be loosing every week and means you're more likely to keep it off! Also rememeber 9 month on 9 months off so don't beat yourself up about it :-) Glad the kiddies are getting on great and everything is going well! Big hugs!! :-) x Pocahontas
- Wednesday, 23 Feb Well my first comment is gone .... so let's try again. I am so glad to see you are so happy and doing so well. Don't let losing 1 lbs a week get you down. I know it seems like a little but you will probably lose more and by keeping your expectations low it would be so awesome when you lose more. Not to mention that losing weight slowly is healthier and one tends to keep it off for longer. Owen sound adorable and like a precious little man and Noell like such a great big sister and a clever girl. Stunning that you are enjoying it all so much. - L