Write a new blog
|12-10-2011 - Unexpected news...
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I really didn't expect to be writing this blog until at least December or January, if even then... but life has a funny way of changing sometimes. I had my post op doctor appointment today. It started off with no usual $35 copay which was nice. Second, I had asked the woman on the phone about getting a flu shot there but she rudely told me, "We only give them to pregnant people." So, I was thinking to myself.. "well I should have been pregnant still does that count?" Anyway, my super nice nurse didn't even hesitate when I asked her about possibly getting one.... so I got my flu shot. Here comes the unexpected news... I go sit down in my doctor's office to discuss my progress. He said everything looks great, he reminded me my 2 ovaries and left tube look wonderful... then he says, "Due to potential scar tissue in the future if you plan on having another child I'd like you to try after your first cycle." Um, what? I had originally been told to wait until December or January (before I had the surgery). I told him I already had my first cycle on October 5th, he seemed surprised. I am due to ovulate next week but since I only have one tube now who knows how often I will actually release an egg that goes down my only remaining tube now. I was very shocked... so, I think we might actually not try but not prevent this month. I am really scared but he says the second I find out I am pregnant again to call and I will immediately come in for blood work and as soon as my levels reach a certain number I will have an ultrasound. Wow. So much to take in. So, I guess we will see what happens. However, no OPKs this month, no temping, no stressing on forums and no 50 blog posts a month. Next month, if I decide for sure, I will use OPKs simply because I do need to have an idea where my cycles are now, especially with only one tube left. But I will not temp or do anything else stressful which includes obsessing on pregnancy forums. I am debating about whether or not to join in over in TTCAL... I just don't want to get too wrapped up again, especially if something goes wrong again. Prayers still needed... scary road ahead.
10 Comments on Unexpected news...hollypoolewis
- Friday, 14 Oct Yay!!! that is great news...good luck. sunflower-j
- Thursday, 13 Oct Omg I'm so excited to read your good news. I have been checking in on you every now and then. I hope all goes well hun. And a less stressful approach might be good. Opks are a good idea. Especially until your single functioning ovary picks up the pace and os every cycle for you. The offer is still there if you want to chat. Take care and a bunch of positive thoughts coming your way xo mommy.to.abi
- Thursday, 13 Oct Thank you ladies for your support, that is the reason I could never bring myself to leave this website. baby-beiler
- Thursday, 13 Oct wow that is crazy! hopefully you get preggers before you have to worry about opks and all those things! i would join ttcal. i joined them after i had my m/c because i just needed the support. its not like they are all so obsessed over ttc that you cant fins support for your loss and learn how some women come to terms with ttc again. that was such a relief to me like okay i am not trying to replace my angels but i still dont feel like our family is complete. yeah it was just a huge comfort... then come join us at pgaal. :) cant wait to see u post babygirl (pink)
- Thursday, 13 Oct those are very good news. you have a wonderful doctor Ryan~Neve Mum
- Thursday, 13 Oct Good luck fingers crossed for good news soon :) A2D
- Thursday, 13 Oct Great news! Good Luck xxx lil.pigz
- Wednesday, 12 Oct No stress is best:-) Then there are no expectations or disappointments and truly a surprise when the bfp occurs. I tried to take my own advice and it wasnt working so well. So I finally got rid of all my maternity clothes and baby stuff this past week. Removed the anxiety and pressure on me to fill those clothes. I came to the conclusion if it happens...it happens. If not...well it just wasnt meant to be then. Best wishes to you and stop by TTCAL once in a while♥ and4eva
- Wednesday, 12 Oct What exciting news!!! FX damnkat
- Wednesday, 12 Oct Ooooooohhhh wonderful news!!!!! Mmmmwahhhh!!!! I knew you would be back, now all we need is a speedy sticky BFP!!!!! It is wonderful news your Dr is so optimistic. I will miss you if you go to TTCAL, there are still so many of us oldies in TTC, they will all remember you and be so happy you are back and TTC again!