Write a new blog
|26-6-2012 - 11 weeks
||My mood while writing this blog:|
11 weeks today! Yay! One week closer to the second trimester and hopefully feeling better!
Had my 11 week appointment today...wasn't too bad...waited almost an hour to get in, but that's "normal" for how busy my office is. Took my 6 year old with me (because he had a dentist appointment today after my appt) and he was so excited because he wanted to see the baby. How freaking cute is that?! Anyway, when I was finally taken back I still sat there another 20 minutes before my doctor came in (hospital called...it's fine, pretty normal as well, lol). Had a quick ultrasound and got to see the baby. I graduated from gummy bear to teddy bear! LOL...I uploaded a picture (first one in my photobook)...doctor said everything looked good and the baby was moving around a lot and I could see the heart beating. Heart rate was 160 bpm...my doctor asked me if I believe old wives tales about the heartrate, and when I said no, he said probably a good thing...BUT if I did believe in them that the higher rates are generally girls and lower rates are boys. I laughed and said good cause I wanted a girl anyway, but Chris would be disappointed because he's already calling it a boy and refusing to acknowlege it could be a girl! I did get a lecture about my weight though...I've lost another pound since my last appt 4 weeks ago. I AM eating...a lot actually...just not 3 huge meals, but more like 6 or 7 smaller meals throughout the day, which I told him, but he still wants me to gain at least 2 lbs by my next appt in July. *Sigh* I was a little chubby to start with (5'7' 167 at my first appt), but I don't have out of control eating habits or anything. I guess 164 is just unacceptable for pregnancy, lol!
6 Comments on 11 weekslil.pigz
- Wednesday, 27 Jun My girls heartrates were always over 150, so I believed that old wives tale forever too. Then the son I am currently pg with totally threw me. His heartrate was 172 at 12 weeks,lol. I wouldnt worry much about the weight issue and the Dr's lectures either. I have lost almost 30 pounds this pregnancy. Thanks to the strict gestational diabetes diet they have me on:/ Baby is active, healthy and measuring in the 50th percentile. He is doing just fine. Your metabolism speeds up naturally when you are pregnant. Apparently by eating smaller but more frequent meals and eating healthy increases that even more,lol. babedci
- Wednesday, 27 Jun as long as you are eating whenever you are hungry you are doing all you can do. I know one friend of mine was like that too and only gained 20lbs through her whole pregnancy and she was almost a week late!!!! Dont worry about it... you are still in your first trimester... weight should start as soon as you get in your second :) damnkat
- Tuesday, 26 Jun Why are some Dr's so stupid with the whole weight gain thing? Your baby will be taking what it needs first, then you get the remainder. I don't understand that, why would they want you to be gaining weight ??? You will be in much better shape for delivery and have a jump start working on your post baby slim down, if you don't gain too much weight. With my previous pregnancies, I only gain at the most about 5 kgs or 11 lbs and I'm the same height as you. I'm not big, but quite muscular. My Dr was never concerned that I hadn't gained almost any weight, she said I was fit and healthy and that the number doesn't matter. I'm not showing yet, but it will be interesting to see how I go, being my third. I could easily hide my others until 13+ weeks before I started to get a little belly. Just keep eating regularly, with good carbs, high protein and lots of fruit and veges and you and baby will be fine.Take care xoxoxo mommy2anl
- Tuesday, 26 Jun My doctor is a real stickler about no weight loss during pregnancy if your weight isn't a huge issue already...so he lectures me anytime I don't gain enough weight or lose weight, lol. Funny thing, I eat way better now that I'm pregnant, even with the nausea, so because I was a little chubby to start with, I think that's the reason for the weight loss. I definitely have a bump so I know the baby is growing just fine...and my doc said everything was right on track and looked good...must be doing something right! Nikolle
- Tuesday, 26 Jun Yay, how fun. My dr says I can lose weight. Basically unless I was 30 lbs lighter I can continue to lose weight. I lost 40 before the pregnancy. Nikolle
- Tuesday, 26 Jun Yay, how fun. My dr says I can lose weight. Basically unless I was 30 lbs lighter I can continue to lose weight. I lost 40 before the pregnancy.