Write a new blog
|01-2-2011 - SCARED/WORRIED...HELP!!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hi ladies thank you for taking the time for reading my blog, I want to tell you whats going on and get your advice please. I went today for my week 12 scan and to find out my deff due date. They keep telling me in this day and that day so today i fount out im 4 days ahead of my origanl due date so this puts me at due Aug. 10 and makes me be 12 weeks 6 days. While doing the ultrasound the baby was just a jumping and moving around so amazing and such a blessing to see my baby move like that. The babys heart beat was 173bpm so thats a strong heart beat. Well while doing the ultrasound the ultrasound tech keep looking and staying very quiet and she was doing the ultrasound on the outside of my belly and said I need you to get undressed from the wast down and so i can do a ultrasound vaginal, I said is there something wrong and she said yes hun. I started to cry and asked whats wrong and she said i dont know for sure yet. So i went to get undressed and came back and did a vaginal one, She took more pics of the baby and then said get dressed while i work on the paper work. So i did and she said come with me. She made me talk to a doc that i already do not like at all, He said hun your ultrasound is not normal. I said what do you mean not normal, he said that MY baby had a thick neck and i said so my baby had down syndrome? He said we wont know for sure till you go to see a specilist. Im watting on the call for that.
Please ladies tell me dose my baby have down syndrome or am i worring to much? I have been crying so much today i dont know what to do. I WILL LOVE THIS BABY NO MATTER WHAT. GOD HAS BLESSED ME WITH THIS LIL ONE AND THERE IS NO WAY I WILL LOOK DOWN IF THIS BABY IS DIFFERENT. I FEEL IN LOVE WITH THIS BABY FROM THE BEGINING AND I WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM OR HER. GOD BLESSED ME WITH THIS BABY AND HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING WEATHER ITS JUST A SCARE OR IF HE THINKS ITS BEST FOR THE BABY TO BE THAT WAY.
Can anyone tell me if The baby has down syndrome or what? Ive been looking all about it and thats what it says. But im not going to give up hope at all. So i wanna ask you all to please pray for me and my baby.
Thank you everyone! Im going to post some pics from today so you all can see them and see my beautiful baby!!!
36 Comments on SCARED/WORRIED...HELP!!3babiesmom
- Sunday, 6 Feb I just read this blog, and hope and pray that everything is ok. But if not, this is still your baby, and loves you no different. Life is going to be challenging if its actually true. But God wouldn't hand you something that you can't deal with. Hope your trip goes well, and to hear from you soon. kellyg
- Sunday, 6 Feb So many times when they do scans early on they are wrong about these things. I am really hoping that that is the case here. When do you go to the specialist? With my son, who is now 3 years old, they were worried that there may be something wrong with his heart and when we went to the specialist, they said he was perfect. So.. you really never know. Thoughts and prayers! Baby Bliss
- Sunday, 6 Feb sorry im a lil late..been busy...but i do want to say im sorry you even have to deal with the possibility..i will pray for u but either way you will love you baby...be careful with the amnio it could cause miscarriage. SkyeandNiallsMummy
- Friday, 4 Feb did they say it was a thick neck or fluid on the neck, they told me that my baby had fluid on his neck and it was a cystic hygroma which can cause downs if u have a look through my pictures look at my 11 week scan and u can see the fluid on his neck, i had loads of extra scans to check for abnormalities, they cant say ur baby has downs they say its a possibility, i had my 20 week scan and the fluid had increased but after that they couldnt see it. i was offered a termination several times but i though no me and peter made this baby im keeping him no matter what and if i lose him ill be devistated as that was a risk with this fluid miscarry/ stillbirth but i kept my head up high, we refused every test they offered me and i gave birth to a healthy baby boy. i really hope that they are wrong but i know that no matter what happens ull be a brilliant mum even if he or she has downs. its not just downs that is caused by this there is also turners syndrome and edwards syndrome aswell as cystic fybrosis im not trying to scare u but my drs prepared me for the worst and hope for the best x good luck xx 1st-time-momma-10
- Thursday, 3 Feb I didn't have the downs syndrome scare, but when we went in for our u/s to determine sex, they said that my baby boy had cysts on his brain, and they were large. They said that they usually came with a chromosome abnormality that deforms the baby severely and will not support life, so my baby could die upon birth. So I had to see a specialist. Well...when we saw him 2 weeks later, the cysts were gone and my baby was fine!! He's 11 weeks today and is perfect =) I wouldn't worry too much and would for sure wait til you see the specialist. God knows how much you can handle, and I believe He answers prayers. I am proud of you that you are willing to keep this baby even if he/she has downs...a life is still a life and who are we to decide who gets to live or not and take the life of an innocent child?!? =) Praying for you!!!! XX Please be sure to let us all know how it goes! Dapie898
- Wednesday, 2 Feb I don't know how to tell from an ultrasound whether or not a baby has downsyndrome...but my best friend had the same thing happen with her last pregnancy....they said the baby had a thick neck...she ended up having to have other tests and a 3D ultrasound and baby was fine...no down syndrome so don't worry yet. Praying for you! kentsmommy
- Wednesday, 2 Feb I'll be praying for you. I hope all is okay. I had a scare during my last pregnancy. They told me that my baby's belly was small. I still don't know what that meant but I had scans every week for the last 11 wks - they still thought there was a problem. He was born perfect and is still perfect at 21 months. Ultrasounds aren't always the best so hang in there sweetie! ...bellyfulloflove...
- Wednesday, 2 Feb aw huni ur in my thoughts n prayers! Dr's can make mistakes and u/s arent always accurate, but if they are right i'm so pleased and proud of u for wanting to continue on with the pregnancy. Down's children are so loving and gentle, I did some work at a special needs skool and the kids taught me so much :) All the best hun and good luck, take care of urself and ur adorable lil bubba :) xx proudmommyof3♥
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Oh hun, I can only imagine how worried & scared you are as you wait for confirmation but they could definitely be wrong not that you shouldn't prepare yourself but do your best to stay positive until the specialist says otherwise & even then I bet he/she will be absolutely beautiful no matter what! Sending you a hug & keeping you and your precious baby in my prayers!!! LadyJade
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Awww hun, I am so pleased you said you will love baby no matter what. Often drs diagnose downs and the baby is born totally fine. Be prepared for the worst but hope for the best. This really does not mean baby has downs 100% just don't rule it out . I will definitely keep you in my prayers. stephs family
- Tuesday, 1 Feb we are praying for you and your peanut! babydoll76
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Dont worry god will make sure you and the baby are fine. if the baby does have downs you are going to love this child as much as your others dont worry right now there is nothing you can do till you talk to someone that knows more about it. the you have the rest of your pregnancy to learn as much as you can about downs if your baby even has it...be strong god will see you through.. lilmum2002
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I think it's best to wait to jump to any conclusion until you see a specialist. Have you read this blog? http://www.kellehampton.com/ her birth story of Nella is amazing. I wish you all the best! Lidz
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I will certainly pray for you and your LO. My mom was told the same thing when she was pregnant with my sister, she would cry and cry but in the end it turned out to be a false alarm. Mistakes are made all the time so maybe this will turn out to be just a glitch. Good luck and lots of prayers and good wishes your way. lin
- Tuesday, 1 Feb my situation was a bit different but I was told my babies brain ventricles were very dialated which pointed toward down syndrome, or another trisomy or hydrochepalus. Anyhow we have a very healthy 3 year old, the measurement was incorrect. Moral of the story, mistakes are made. boomerette
- Tuesday, 1 Feb well dont fret until you see a specialist!! I will be praying for you!!! i know that is easier said than done! ~hugs~ ldybug1752
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I don't know anything about it, but I just wanted to offer my support and encouragement that everything will turn out okay, no matter what the outcome is. Your baby is adorable already!! :) katiea
- Tuesday, 1 Feb hun these tests can be very innacurate! do you know what measurement is behind the baby's neck? (i got told last week my baby has 6mm of fluid behins his/her neck so i am waiting on a specialist to call me too) dont stress darlin..everything could be fine, i know ALOT of women who get told awful things about these tests and teir baby comes along and it perfectly healthy and normal xx chin up and dont stress til u have spoken to the dr xx crazyfornumber3
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Sorry hun your baby looks adorable. I don't know anything about this topic but I will pray for you..hugs xweegeex
- Tuesday, 1 Feb im sorry that ur going through this, i have no idea whether it means for def that the baby has downs......there may only be a chance of that & maybe this is jst precautionary, it must be very worrying for u, i hope ur ok, keep me posted x obscurette
- Tuesday, 1 Feb sorry you are having to go through this, as the others have said the only way to know for sure is to do further testing. take care and make sure the doctors communicate and care for you well. hugs hayley-france
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I'm sorry to hear there's a chance baby has downs syndrome. That must be really hard to hear. :( The scan pics look lovely though, he/she is gorgeous already! Will be thinking of you and your family xxx Tashwith3
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I'm really sorry to hear your worrying news. I hope everything turns out good in the end x momzie
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I have no idea what it means but I will say a prayer for you. emma31
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Awe Hun, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I can't answer your questions but I wish you every luck in the world, keep us posted xxx Jalex10
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Prayers being sent to you and your lil baby newmomcop
- Tuesday, 1 Feb i think no matter what you are right about what God is doing, he is going to do what is best for you and your family, def go see a specialist and get another look at he/she, and get a second opinion, we all want our kids to be healthy and free of problems, but sometimes its just not the plan, keep your head up and stay as positive as you can, hugs to you and i will pray that you get some answers! (((hugs to you)) mfbrown
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Best of luck and many prayers to you guys Babyjellybean
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I heard there can be alot false positives even with a speacilist! roosa
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I am so sorry you are going through this. I understand your tears and stress. That said, I hope I can put your mind at ease slightly. I have a friend who has a child with down syndrome and it is the most beautiful and loving child. She has 3 siblings and they are all better children because of her. She teaches love unconditionally. I am not saying it is an easy journey - all I am saying is that there are blessings too, that each child is a blessing. Now, this was my friend's first child. With her second the ultrasound showed a thick neck and they told her that she was going to have another. She did not do any amnios due to the risks for the baby. Well, they were wrong!! The baby was perfectly normal! Please take heart. Thinking of you and praying for you. Love, Karin sondramarie
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I'm sorry dear, I have no idea about anyof that. I'd go to the specilist and see what they think, and either way you will love the baby. aidensmommy31108
- Tuesday, 1 Feb O That's so scary hun I'm Sorry you're having to deal with this.. your baby is adorable btw great pics! I know its hard but try Not to worry too much there very well could be nothing wrong but I would Very freaking out too :( so sorry hugs! aubmari
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Hi I saw your comment and I am from week 23 and went through the same thing. My son had a nuchal thickness almost 3 times thicker than it should be! I was given a 1 in 8 chance of DS or something else. Trisomy 13 or 18. It ended up after all the testing (amnio and level 2 ultrasound) that he is fine and no Downs. I completely understand where you are right now. Did they tell you what your measurement was? If you need anything or have any questions contact me. I will help however I can. :) Try and stay positive... it really could be nothing. Prayers to you. leahandlilliansmommy
- Tuesday, 1 Feb Aw! The pictures are soooo cute! Hun I will keep you and baby in my prayers. Hugs. ohmy3littlemonkeys
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I agree with the other comment, you can't know for sure until you have an amnio done. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I know it's scary. Measuring the Nuchal Fold isn't always accurate. I've actually known quite a few ppl that were told their chances of Downs was high and their babies were born absolutely perfect in every way. Hang in there. I'll be praying for you. Keep us posted! refinnejlee
- Tuesday, 1 Feb I wish I could answer that question for you but I just can't. I do know that the measure the fluid that is behind the neck and the more fluid there is, the more the chances raise for a potential chromosomal abnormality...BUT, that isn't always accurate. If you want to know for sure, you need to go for an amnio and that will be as close to accurate as possible. *HUGS*