Write a new blog
|02-6-2011 - My ameointesses resutls...
||My mood while writing this blog:|
My ameointesses results...
I went to bed last night just praying so hard that my resuts come back normal. I didnt sleep at all last night just thinking about the test. I got up today and went to my normal doc to have my 30 week check up and for them to check to make sure my uteares was not swollen from the test yesterday. I gainded my weight back, and his heart rate was 151. He is doing good grwoing good im measuring right on time and he is already head down. I came home after my appointment and prayed really hard that i would get the phone call today. At 5 pm i got the call. My husband was on his way home from a long day at work.
The doc said, "I have your test results and i want you to know im sorry i was not here for you yesterday and you had to see a diff doc besides me." I was Like ok just tell me please, I cant wait no longer, So the doc said in very soft words, "Your results came back abnormal." I said ok whats wrong? "Your son has Trisonomy 13,"
My heart sank to my toes. I sat down and just balled. THe doc was trying to talk to me and i littlerly droped my phone and could not talk for 5 mins and she was nice enough to let me cry it out. She was saying im sorrry to tell you this news. She wants me to come in monday and talk to a genitic counsoler about whats best for him. She did say that since he has T13 that with his CDH he will not quilify for the ECMO machine for his breathing once he is here. Ok so now basicly they have gave up on him all together. I cant just give up on him. I never will. I am so lost of words and i dont know what to do or think. I am dying on the inside. Why me? Why him? Im so hurt and devistated.
I ask you all to please pray that i can find a way to get through this and just enjoy my pregnancy. All i want is a healthy baby to bring home to my other two kids. I feel like crawling into bed and sleeping and not get up for a few days and just hope this is a bad dream.
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!! XX
50 Comments on My ameointesses resutls...LadyJade
- Wednesday, 15 Jun Im so sorry that he has this. I think you did the right thing by having the amnio and finding this out before his birth. I have no words to console you as your devastation is just beyond comprehension..I will pray for you and baby Gabe and trust that God will watch over you both. xxxxx EmmaNo1Wright
- Friday, 10 Jun So sorry for your news honey - thoughts and prays are with you xx ryry ~pink~
- Monday, 6 Jun This is very sad news. The only comfort I can think to give is that no matter what, you have created an angel - whether he goes up to heaven or not. With all your love, I can't imagine you creating anything else! I am not as familiar with all of these conditions. I know that Trisomy 13 is Downs syndrome, but why would that disqualify him from being on an ECMO machine? Or is it the CDH that disqualifies him from it and why? Gabriel is so lucky to have you. A lot of moms wouldn't give him a chance at life, and look at you here being brave and honest and strong! It'll be okay. esposabella
- Monday, 6 Jun aww hon, dont lose faith, hold tight to God...............All you can do is love baby Gabriel and let him feel that love. I know all too well your anxiety and fears, going through something similar............hugs to you and your family leta
- Monday, 6 Jun Hi there! I'm so sorry to read about your sad news. I lost a baby girl to Patau Syndrome in 2008. She died in utero when I was 7 months pregnant. There are a few websites with stories about T13 survivors, but the majority of them die shortly after birth. I know too well where you are now and what you are going through, unfortunately there's no easy answers. I've had a beautiful boy (now 2) since we lost her, but somedays I don't think I'll ever get over her and why I had to loose a child this way. Regards Mandie rylansmommy23
- Monday, 6 Jun I too believve in miracles-but this is test aftter test. I think some reality needs to be applied here-as its a little life we are dealing with. The quality of life, the suffering, has to be thought of-PLEASE dont think Im being insensitive or harsh-sometimes in life its good to have a apposing opinion or a persoon who can speak or think when its not easy for you. I too want to hold on to all the hope in the world for little Gabriel, but you need to look at the bigger picture- not just the big amount of love andpain you have for him now. Please dont take this out of context-Im writing you this as would I would my own son, good luck to you Keisha! proudmommyof3♥
- Saturday, 4 Jun I'm so very sorry! My heart breaks for you, I am praying for you & Gabe! keisha24
- Saturday, 4 Jun sending tons of prayers and hugs for you, gabe, and your family.....dont give up hope. Miracles happen everyday! xweegeex
- Saturday, 4 Jun hun im so so sorry :*( i think its terrible that he doesnt qualify for the ecmo machine :O i jst cant believe that....surely EVERY baby is as important as the next.....anyway im sure ur lo is a little trooper, sending u lots of hugs, ur & ur family are in my thoughts crazyfornumber3
- Friday, 3 Jun I'm so sorry...I know this must be a very hard time for you and your family..prayers are with you kellyg
- Friday, 3 Jun I'm really sorry to hear the news! Best of luck to you and your family! xolilangel785
- Friday, 3 Jun I'm so sorry about the results. Gabe has been such a fighter and you just need to continue to be strong for him! I will continue to pray for him and you and your family. Just remember that there is also the possibilty of false results. I admire your strength for not ever giving up on him and Don't give up on him! He has continued time and time again to prove the drs. wrong and I hope and pray he continues to prove them wrong. Please keep us updated. newmomcop
- Friday, 3 Jun hugs to you and im praying for you and your family baby-beiler
- Friday, 3 Jun oh honey i am so sorry! start looking for support! right now! you know what we believe in miracles here. every other time you have gotten good news. so get support from other mommies who had babies and just pray to God for peace. and schedule a photographer. If baby gabe is only going to be with you for a bit you will want pictures someday . i know that that is hard to think about, but i know that someday you will want them to remember every moment. but i am still praying for him cuz He is a fighter. but keep what i said in mind momma okay? magic number
- Friday, 3 Jun im so so sorry for you, but please dont give up on your baby boy he has come so far and done fantasticly to get to this point, as have you! and i really believe everything happens for a reason, sometimes these reasons are not clear to us right away but possibly in time. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, good luck and stay strong xxx NewMama14
- Friday, 3 Jun I'm so sorry to hear. My thoughts are with you and your family. (((hugs))) ldybug1752
- Friday, 3 Jun I'm so sorry :( Continue to be strong, just like baby Gabriel has been, and you'll both get through this. ((hugs)) kentsmommy
- Friday, 3 Jun So sorry to hear that! Gabe has bounced back and proved everyone wrong on several other occasions. Miracles are all around us and he is certainly one. Keep praying!! I will be praying for you too! Ali*L
- Friday, 3 Jun I am so sorry. I think you should find specialists and whoever you can to help you. You CAN live with trisomy 18 and it is just unfair to refuse him life-saving treatment because they THINK he is less than perfect. GOD DOES NOT MAKE MISTAKES. Gabriel is here for a reason. Keep your faith and find doctors and people that can help you! I wish I could give you a real hug and we are all crying along with you! lil.pigz
- Friday, 3 Jun Gabriel has been a fighter since the day he was conceived it seems. He has continuosly proved the DR's and whole medical field wrong when they insisted medically, he would not go on.You have been given every insult, injury and bad news any other mother would probably buckle under. I admire the strength yu have to fight right there with your son in the darkest of tijmes and against so many who read their textbooks and not their hearts. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to you BOTH proving the DR's wrong again and brining home this little baby who won our hearts with that big gummy grin you displayed in your u/s pic months ago:-) aidensmommy31108
- Friday, 3 Jun O hun I'm so so sorry :( I was hoping for good news for you guys.. hang in there and find all information possible I think its rude they're giving up on him I'm really sorry hugs! hayley-france
- Friday, 3 Jun So sorry to hear you've had such bad news. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you and baby Gabe. xxx babydoll76
- Friday, 3 Jun i am sorry for this news but at least now you know and can have abetter understanding and do some googleing to find out all you can. god will help you through this and he has given you more strenght then you know. you will be a great mom to little gabe as you are with the other 2. hugs and prayers for you and your little gabe. char666
- Friday, 3 Jun sorry to hear that hun. all the very best. SkyeandNiallsMummy
- Friday, 3 Jun oh hunni im soooo sorry they told you this, but i no ur little guy is a fighter and he will be ok im praying for u and i have lit candles in church for u both x keep strong u need to be for u, gabriel and your other 2 kids xxx all i say is dont u give up on him they have ok he has a right to be born into this world and he has the right to be helped it shouldnt matter how much it cost to use the machines they should give every baby a helping hand in the first moments life outside the womb.xx mylight
- Friday, 3 Jun Hi there - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HOLD ON TO YOUR FAITH. My little boy has full TRISOMY 18 - very similar to Trisomy 13 - the doctors also consider this to be "not compatible with life". They said he would abort during the pregnancy and the night he was born that he would only live for an hour. HE IS NOW 13 MONTHS OLD !!!! and is the light of our lives. There is a website called S.O.F.T which you ca go on to for information and families stories. There are many babies with TRISOMY 13 that are thriving, - yes they have their complications but they are all so beautiful. You have been chosen to carry this special baby and he has chosen you as a very special parent. I have blog at www.lior-mylight.blogspot.com if you would like to read it - you can also follow the blogs that I follow as well and they will lead you to many families that have TRIOSMY children. Keeping you in my prayers charlybrown
- Friday, 3 Jun U poor woman. My thoughts are with you and your tiny boy. Baby Bliss
- Thursday, 2 Jun My heart is hurting for you. I am literally in tears with you. I cant tell you enough how sorry I am that you and your family are going through this. I really will continue to have you and baby gabe in my prayers. Its ok to cry but you have to remain strong and continue to believe that god works in mysterious ways. This baby boy has been fighting since the begining and he contines to do so. Really think about the miracle that you are blessed with. God chose you to be his mother and you really really have to believe that there is a reason for it. We have been supporting you this entire time, and we continue to do so. I hope you find your inner strength in your time of need. Dont give up. (((HUGS))) bmhemama4
- Thursday, 2 Jun I am praying for you and am so sorry you are going thru this, I will continue to pray for you and will not give up on him either, you are a wonderful mother and are fighting for you baby, he is blessed to have you as his mama fighting for him, and what ever happens you can know you did not give up on him. I will contiue to pray for and believe for a miracle! I will pray for Strength for you and your family. Keep us updated! Remember even if you can't see it or understand God said all things work together for our good and his glory to those that love the lord, keep your faith and he will get you thru! mamadear04
- Thursday, 2 Jun I am so sorry for your news.. There is still hope for this little man..i hope Dr's just end up shaking there heads by how well this baby ends up doing when he is born..I hope he suprizes every body..Hang in there, and try to stay strong for this baby..My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.. roosa
- Thursday, 2 Jun I am so, so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with your family as you go through this difficult time. Just as lin I would recommend the http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org/ website. It looks like am amazing site filled with amazing people that can help and support you through this more than anyone else. Again, I am truly sorry. Always here for you, and praying that little Gabe will be a fighter all the way. Love, Karin leahandlilliansmommy
- Thursday, 2 Jun I am so sorry... I will keep you in my prayers.. JacobsNo.1
- Thursday, 2 Jun wow you have been through so much, i keep forgetting we are the same age. I couldnt imagine being told all that. I pray for your baby & family. xxxx damnkat
- Thursday, 2 Jun AWW honey, I am soo sorry you received this bad news. You are all in my prayers, please don't give up hope XXX Tarrynsplanet
- Thursday, 2 Jun Im sorry about the results. I hope & pray all goes well from here. I know you will make the best of all this & he will have a wonderfull mommy who loves him exactly how he is. sunflower-j
- Thursday, 2 Jun Awwww hunni my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Stay strong. alaina698
- Thursday, 2 Jun Awww, I'm sorry. I am sure you will find a way to get through this though! Find out all you can about how to care for him before he is here! 09momma
- Thursday, 2 Jun im so sorry hun! my prays are with you and our family!!!! beegee
- Thursday, 2 Jun In the last 30wks, how many times have the drs been wrong? He has t13, ok, so. Every step of the way this baby has need proving everyone wrong, give him the chance to do it again this time. Cry today, you deserve it. But tomorrow you need to put all these sad feelings aside, and put your brave mommy face on for your little man. Dont waste any more time crying, you need to enjoy your little man inside you who has no intention of giving up, and neither should you! Baby-Fever
- Thursday, 2 Jun Thoughts and prayers are with you as you and your family go through this very difficult time. refinnejlee
- Thursday, 2 Jun :( There is always hope, you need to believe that. There are always options and support systems for babies and families with T13...you WILL make it work and he will be a HUGE blessing to you and your family. *HUGS* mugs
- Thursday, 2 Jun My heart just breaks for you. I will continue to pray for you, baby Gabriel, and your whole family..... michellelaughs
- Thursday, 2 Jun Oh hun, I am so sorry. May God comfort you and your family and belss you with a miracle. ((hug)) kitty79
- Thursday, 2 Jun So sorry, hun. I pray god gives you the strength you seek. May He watch over you and your little one. Babykhan
- Thursday, 2 Jun awwww my heart just tear in parts, when i read ur blog. i am prying and thinking of u and ur baby. may god bless him with good health and long life. hang in there hun.... lin
- Thursday, 2 Jun http://www.livingwithtrisomy13.org/content.php A girlfriend of mine gave birth to a baby boy with T13. I forgot to mention this website she loved and found very supportive and informative. There are some great success stories and a lot of women who know just what your going through. I hope it can provide you some comfort. ...bellyfulloflove...
- Thursday, 2 Jun Aw hun I'm so sorry to hear that! I was really hoping the drs made a mistake. But I agree wit tryingfor1more, theres still a chance he'll be born perfectly healthy! You your family and bub r all in my thoughts n prayers. xx katiea
- Thursday, 2 Jun babe i am so sorry!! i know there is nothing anyone can say to make this news any easier to ear but know that we are all still praying for Gabriel to make it full term and prove all those dr's wrong. he has been such a fighter already and i believe he will continue to fight until he is fighting you at 18 to get a tattoo!! xx we are all here for you huni, he is so lucky to ahve such a beautiful mummy fighting for him x lin
- Thursday, 2 Jun wow, thats a lot to take in in one day. I am so sorry that your results were not positive. I was so hoping that baby Gab would prove everyone wrong...I still hope he does. I dont have any words that can express how sorry I am and I will continue to pray for your little man. Tryingfor1More
- Thursday, 2 Jun I have a dear friend that had an amnio and was told the same thing and her baby was normal. Whether he has Trisomy 13 or not, he has a mother that loves him unconditionally, and a God that is total control. Hang in there!