Write a new blog
|29-5-2009 - 33 week ob visit
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well I went for my 33 week ob visit on Tuesday. He wanted an ultrasound to see how big the baby is and to check the fluid around the baby. Everything went well I hadn't gained any weight from the visit 2-3 weeks ago. The baby looks good and the the fluid was a little on the low side but it was ok. He is also concerned about the c-section scar from when the twins were born. Prior to having my twins I had fairly normal vaginal deliveries with no complications. After reviewing the u/s he said that the baby weighed 4 lbs 12 ozs and that the c-section is very thin, so he sent me to see a specialist. I really want to try and have this baby vaginally. Today was my appt with the specialist. The baby looks wonderful. He now weighs 5 lbs 5 ozs and the fluid is great. However, I cannot labor at all with this one because there is already some separation in the scar from the c-section. He said that if I tried to labor that I have about a 20% chance of my uterus rupturing. Well, needless to say that I am a little disappointed that I have to have a repeat c-section. The recovery is just harder and having 18 month old twins at home to care for is not easy after a section. Another thing that they are watching is the fact that this is the size that he is already. My biggest baby was 6 lbs 8 ozs and the smallest was 5 lbs 12 ozs. I don't go back to see my regular ob until june 11th and I guess we will talk about when to schedule the c-section at that time.
6 Comments on 33 week ob visitsuper 7
- Monday, 1 Jun so sorry to hear that you can't have a v.birth :(but its a good to hear that baby is doing well all the best for the rest of your pregnancy:) pamallhoney
- Friday, 29 May Did he schedule the c-section date for you yet? pamallhoney
- Friday, 29 May Thanks for sharing your story! I think I'll talk to my OB about getting an u/s. He was willing to let me try to have a VBAC, but if they can see the scar on an u/s maybe they would be able to tell me if I should or shouldn't. I appreciate you sharing this information. I'm sorry you can't have a VBAC, but I know that you just want a healthy baby. Me too! utopianite
- Friday, 29 May I'm so sorry that you have to have another c-section. Sounds like it may be a good idea with such a big baby in there though. :-) 3girlsunderage2
- Friday, 29 May I'm sorry you can't have a VBAC. I had a section with my first and I'm pregos with twins and I really want a VBAC but the docs keep pushing me towards a repeat section. I only have a 1% chance of rupture, but 20%, that's something. That's a big chance. I hope all goes well for you. that's a big baby by the way. twinsandmore77
- Friday, 29 May Wow, I am sorry about that. I got lucky and got to have my twins vaginally, but I totally understand not wanting to have a repeat c-section. I'm glad everything is going well otherwise though.