Write a new blog
|18-12-2008 - im in the hospital!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
hi ladies!! ok so yesterday, Dec. 17, 2008 I went in for my regular 2 week checkup. i told him that i had been having some "false labor contractions" but since i am only 33 weeks 5days i guess we didnt think it was a big deal. my doctor decided to check me anyways..& to my suprise i was 5cm dialated!! he told me to go immidiately to the hospital & they would be expecting me. so of course it was 7:30AM & NO ONE would wake up..except my dad, but he had depositions all day & could NOT cancel them. i really didnt understand what 5cm dialated meant..but then i talked to someone who told me i only had to get to 10cm to DELIVER so i was kind of freaked out. they immidiately took me to the labor & delivery unit & hooked me & brax up to a heart/contraction monitor! they decided that it was just too early for braxy to be born & they were really worried about his lungs. they gave me procardia (which helps stop contractions & labor) & they gave me two steroid shots to help strengthen braxtons lungs because they informed me he could come ANY day now. i am now on hospitalized bed rest until i deliver! if i do not deliver by january 1 (ill be 36 weeks) they are going to INDUCE labor! so i will be having my little braxton by the first of the year!! this is all so crazy to me & i am VERY worried..its SO hard to just sit in a bed all day long especially not being at my own home you know? i am just sitting here in the bed & im only allowed to get up & use the restroom & shower. i miss colby a LOT too!!!! i wish SO bad he could come be with me because i know he would stay by my side =( & i know he probably wont make it in time when i DO go into labor because he is 2 hours away so he will take 4 hours total =( plus they checked me again last night & i had dialated to a 6!! so its getting SO close. please keep me & braxton in all of your prayers. i have my laptop here so i can talk to you wonderful women =) i love you all!
29 Comments on im in the hospital!baby[bump]mama
- Monday, 22 Dec i know what those steriod shots are like! i had my son at 34.4 weeks, but i was induced because i had preeclampsia, but all the same. i know what it is like to sit in that room all by yourself, all day!
you are in my prayers hun! hope you can hold out a little longer! DOLLBUNNY
- Saturday, 20 Dec Aww, he is almost ready to come :) just relax and everything will be fine, everything happens for a reason, I was born a little over 2 months early and was fine! I will pray for you and your babyboy :) montanamamaof3
- Friday, 19 Dec I am happy for you that you will see your baby soon! I think it will help your mental well being and make you happy again! Just♥Mommy
- Friday, 19 Dec Omg hun!!! I am praying for you guys!! You just need to relax and get plenty of rest. I'm sure all stress you have been under hasn't helped your situation any. At least your in good hands in case you do go into pre-term labor!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. Please keep us posted. Take care! Peytons Mommy!
- Friday, 19 Dec That stinks you have to be on bed rest and in the hostpial pretty much by your self. wish I could be there with ya at least. You two are in my prays and hope the best for you guys. Keep us updated! chloe no3
- Friday, 19 Dec OMG babe, how scary. Hope everything goes good for you and your little man. Thinking of you x x MAMAjo ♥
- Friday, 19 Dec thats amazing! he's ready to come meet his mommy!!! =D i hope he stays in a little while longer tho!!! so he comes out with no preemie problems!!! aloha.ma
- Friday, 19 Dec Wow....did you even feel pain from the contractions? well I'll be thinking of both of you, and get lots of magazines:) elizabethH
- Friday, 19 Dec thinking of you both lets hope your little one waits a little longer before making an apperance. lots of love and well wishes to you xx camilab
- Friday, 19 Dec woow 6 cm now!! you should be happy/worried right know!! but just think that you'll have your baby sooner and hopefully he is going to be healthy! im so so happy for you!! they say if you start to dilate before, the contractions are going to be so bad!! but wish you the best!!! keep us informed! nena70211
- Friday, 19 Dec Wish you the best to you and your baby.. You'll see your little boy soon.. anna28
- Friday, 19 Dec Hey Montana,
33 weeks is kind of early , but if you got the steroid shots, it will help your baby`s lugns and he will be fine. Even if it sucks, try and stay in bed as much as you can, it takes away pressure from your lower abdomen and its supposed to delay dialating. I wish I was in your place, so close to having your baby with you. Im only 24 weeks and have a lot to go. I cant wait to see my baby daughter, im sooo anxious, its seems as though April 4 is 1,000 days away!!!!!!!!! Take this time to relax and just think about that baby boy that will be in your arms sooooooo soon!!!!! I will keep you and your precious baby in my prayers, i wish you a happy and safe delivery and lots of blessings for you and baby Brax. Write as often as you can and keep us posted!!!!!!!!! Much love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! X-LeahsMummy-X
- Friday, 19 Dec ooh wow, thats mad, well goodluck with everything. hope everything goes well :D
if his not her by xmas will u have to be in hosp for xmas? or weill they let you home?? hope your ok goodluck :D he will be here soon :D exciting xx audreyy09
- Friday, 19 Dec wow thats crazy! you were 5 cm && didnt even know it! that makes me wonder if im dialated any ive been having some contractions too..i doubt it though.. you must be so excited to meet him! i bet you'll have him pretty soon if you're already 6cm which will be good for you cuz i know how hard it is to just sit there in one of those hospital beds...good luck! you and braxton will be in my prayers =] MommyNhuDPrice
- Friday, 19 Dec Take care of yourself and keep us posted!!
- Thursday, 18 Dec Wow... thats crazy! I will definitley keep you and Brax in my thoughts! It's exciting to think you will be seeing him so soon! I'm sure everything will be just fine! Just keep your chin up and try not to go crazy laying around that hospital room! :-) ronni
- Thursday, 18 Dec Hey girlie! Good luck! Braxton knows when he's ready..and it looks like he's looking for an early Xmas!! He'll be fine, you'll see. As for you..hell REST! You're already in the hospital, take it easy and let them take care of you...Your baby will be here soon and it will all be worth it!! Keep us updated!! Congrats Mommy!! marinewife8412
- Thursday, 18 Dec Hey girl...just wanted to say good luck with everything. Don't be worried if he comes early..he will be small but will be ok since he had the steroid injections to mature his little lungs! I had pre-term labor with all my kids (nothing like you) and i carried them all to term. Hope that makes you feel better! Just think, you are already 6cm so when you are in labor you only have 4 more to go!! Best of luck to you! preggiebelly
- Thursday, 18 Dec wow! How exciting and scary all at once!
The steroids will help him tremendously.... so that's really good. A friend of mine had her little boy at 35 weeks and with steroids before he came.... he was only in the hospital for 2 days and got to go home!
I'll say a prayer for you.... good luck! Let me know how things go! RikkiAnn
- Thursday, 18 Dec Wow, that is exciteing and worrysome all at the same time. You guys will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure everything will be fine, atleast you are at the hosptilal, under supervision. Keep us updated on everything. Sounds like he will be here sooner than the 1st...you just might get to claim him on your taxes this year...lol ;) soblessed88
- Thursday, 18 Dec OMG! CONGRATS ND GOD BLESS taelynnzmommy
- Thursday, 18 Dec oh wow sweetie! I will definitely keep you and Brax in my thoughts and prayers! They have him prepared to come into the world so im sure everything will be fine! I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and i was beginning to dilate(only half a cm) Its scary! You get to see your little man a little bit sooner! keep us updated! bluejeans
- Thursday, 18 Dec I just wanted to say good luck with everything...!! inspired
- Thursday, 18 Dec Oh goodness, i can't imagine the amount of emotions going through you right now. He is gonna be here so soon. I hope everything goes well and he arrives perfectly healthy.Which hospital are you in? missmeliss
- Thursday, 18 Dec Wow, that's amazing! 6cm and you aren't even having pain? It sucks being hospitalized, but on the bright side, it sounds like you will have a pretty quick labor when it happens :) mommyjojopethel
- Thursday, 18 Dec OH HONEY! How scary but exciting at the same time, I just can't believe it! Take it easy sweetie, and know that we are all thinking of you! Keep us posted, I will be checking everyday for your posts now: D xo SAMANTHAPADRON
- Thursday, 18 Dec o girl i hope everything goes ok.... please keep us updated..... my best friend had her baby at 32 weeks.... and he was fine.... he didn't even have to stay in the hospital .... .they said he was perfectly healthy.... i hope that everything goes good with you and brax..... i'll keep you guys in my prayers...... MommaDel
- Thursday, 18 Dec Just hang in there girl! Your boy will be here soon and all the chaos will be gone....well at least the worry! Keep us all posted and post pics when you do have him!! LuvinBrayden
- Thursday, 18 Dec OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant believe it!!!! he really is almost here!!!! oh babe everything is giong to be ok!! they are going to take good acre of both you and brax so dont worry! of course i can see why your worried because of his lungs but it will all be ok!! i cant wait to see his pictures!! just relax and dont do anything so he will stay in there and cook as long as possible!! i really hope everyhting goes well and i will for sure keep you 2 in my prayers! i just cant believe hes already almost here!!! weve been talking since we were like 10 weeks!!! LOL its such a miracle!!!! good luck and please please please keep me updated!!! I LOVE YOUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!