Write a new blog
|20-12-2010 - Week 37 Update on contractions
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Went to the hospital at 11:30pm last night with contractions 5-15 minutes apart. The nurse was so rude! She came in and didn't say anything to me or my husband. After a while I said are you my nurse? She ignored me kept typing and then after a while finally said yes. Then she said lay down so I can check you. She said the babys head is very low and that I am dialated about a finger. I asked how many centimeters is that 1? She laughed and said yeah you can say that. Then I asked am I effaced? She said your okay, go walk around the hospital and we'll see what happends. After about 45 minutes she checked me again and said I am not progressing. So she called the dr., came back and sent me home. She said go walking in the mall and come back when your 5 minutes apart. I was fustrated with her and kinda sad I walked out of the hospital with no baby.
On the contrary, There was a baby boy and girl in the nursery so cute! A nurse was pushing a newborn baby boy passed by us saying I'll race you smiling. I could tell she was trying to encourage us and was happy for that. My hubby said I'm kinda glad you aren't ready just yet cuz this nurse sucs!! Hahaha! So here I am hoping I can somehow speed the process by walking and debating whether I should use castor oil or rasberry leaf tea eventhough my dr. said no let it happen naturally.
Hope your all doing great! Big hugs!!
5 Comments on Week 37 Update on contractionsalize1920
- Tuesday, 21 Dec Girl your about almost done! I had my little girl on the 14th and everything happened so fast. I thought the day would never come and all within a few hours I was in the hospital giving birth. Contractions just started coming every 2-3 min apart and that was it. I got to the hospital and I was 1 cm and really thin, 7 hours later I was giving birth. It happens so fast. The night before I went in I had contractions every 4-8 min then they just stopped only to start the next day and here was baby. I posted my birth story if your interested. LillMama01
- Tuesday, 21 Dec Wow the way you described that hell hole I almost thought there for a sec you went to Cushing Oklahoma hospital sounds like the rude crap they put me through . Thank god for miracles tho I am not going to be delivering at that hospital I am going to a children s hospital in a near by city . Some nurses have no bedside manors at all . Sounds like the hospital u went to and the one I started out at are in the same category as being a sucky ass hospital excuse my lingo butt I went thru this kinda hostility from nurses too and It just reminds me what I went thru as well as my doctor saying at 22weeks u know ur baby wont survive i mean its sucks when we have to entrust our lives in these peoples hands .. Anyway Hope when you are finally ready you have a better nurse on call. Happy Holidays and Good luck with everything .Ps Sorry you had to go thru that. Oh By the way what does the castroil and the raspberry leaf do? Im new to this as this is my first baby. ninniebaby3
- Monday, 20 Dec please ,please, please, dont use castor oil. it will make you so sick. the only reason it makes you contract is because you get the poops so bad it dehydrates you so bad. you really dont want to go through that and than be in labor on top of it. trust me, lol sjudd
- Monday, 20 Dec rude nurses are the worse! i probably would have snapped at her lol. Just keep walking, maybe BD, eat some pineapple....I wouldnt do the castor oil thing, you'll end up with the poops and thats the last thing you will want to worry about if you do go into labor. Im blowing some labor dust your way! heidi80
- Monday, 20 Dec oh honey don;t be discouraged keep walking im not sure about the castor oil women swear by it but im not going to try it ever! im sure it would not hurt to try and progress your labor further!!!! good luck and labor dust to you! what a rude mean nurse!!!!