Write a new blog
|30-9-2008 - Ultrasound
||My mood while writing this blog:|
biting cuticle nervous
Ok... well I nearly had a heart attack and I started to cry in the office and my doc had to stop and give me a hug... She only saw a yolk sac and what looked like to be a flicker but she said it looks like a vein of mine and that she wants me to go downstairs for a second opinion.
Before she sent me down there she was telling me that she would like me to stop Lovenox bc it has a long lifespan and in order to do a d&c she would need me off of it for a week! That's when I started to boo hoo... I couldn't believe that there was nothing there...
Soooo I go downstairs and I'm an emotional wreck (mind you I went by myself) and sitting in the waiting area I had to read some magazine for rich people LOL... to make me stop worrying. (didn't work well) I then went in to the room with the tech and she was soooo NICE! She was like so Cynthia what's going on? I broke down again and shook my head, "I don't know!" Well I laid down and she started poking around(literally) and she was very quiet and I couldn't see a thing. I'm just lying there waiting. She tried a bunch of times to try and hear the heartbeat and we actually heard it very faintly.
She then started to tell me that she definitely sees the heart beating (that lil flicker that I love to see!) and then she proceeded to tell me that by all means it is healthy!!! (so far) She said that the yolk sac looked great and the baby measured 6 weeks not 8! She checked my cervix and she said to looked great and it was closed and she saw noooo blood inside which is a good sign. Well I had a little sigh of relief. Then she looked at my left ovary and again she liked what she saw! (meanwhile I'm thinking ... I love this WOMAN! lol) She said before the placenta gives the nutrition a corpus luteum cyst does the providing in the mean time and she saw one there! All signs of a pregnancy in development!
Soooo she said to definitely hold off on the d&c and she was going to personally call my doctor. She said by next week we should definitely be able to hear a heartbeat better. Then she was like I would love to do the next u/s bc now I want to know how everything goes! She was like I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! She was just sooo pleasant and optimistic! Just what I needed!!! =)
If in the event that things don't progress then I'll know we tried to wait it out... but right now there's a tiny lil thing growing inside of me and I am not ready to give up hope yet! Now... I'm just going a lil bit backwards and only 6weeks pregnant??? weird huh? but hey they say those lil spermies can live up to a week! lol
I will definitely keep you all updated! I'm a bit scared but at the same time hopeful...
13 Comments on Ultrasoundroosa
- Friday, 3 Oct Sorry I haven't responded until now - life has been a bit hectic these last few days. I am just so glad there is still hope for you and I pray everything will develop perfectly and you will soon have a baby to hold, love and see grow up!!!
- Thursday, 2 Oct Hey sorry i missed you yesturday my son was sick. Wow, that must have been a bit tramatic for you. At least there is still hope. i will be praying for your little bean and some growth. jonewman
- Wednesday, 1 Oct I am so happy that the u/s tech came into your life to believe in you and your baby! Every baby deserves a chance and I feel next weeks u/s will show a strong and happy little bean. Here is some luck from me to you! minkymoo78
- Wednesday, 1 Oct Well it's brilliant that there is a heartbeat. It's going to be a long wait but I'm sure everything will be fine. Try and keep busy in the meantime, I know you'll probably drive yourself insane thinking about it. I'm here if you need a chat x KyMMie MuMMy
- Wednesday, 1 Oct Bawled my eyes out. I'll be praying for you and the tiny little one. Hang in there. And i agree with prettypreggo, my god please take a support person with you!!! All the best! xxx danileigh
- Wednesday, 1 Oct Keep us updated. I will be praying for you and your baby! MARIA DEANDA
- Wednesday, 1 Oct IM GLAD EVERYTHING CAME OUT GOOD
- Tuesday, 30 Sep measurements, smeasurements.......they are so off and on with those things. Keep your head up. My fingers are crossed. secondtry
- Tuesday, 30 Sep So happy everything went well....I know those first few u/s scans can be tricky at times. I actually commented to someone this week about the corpus luteum cysts....they were having pains on the sides..and those cysts can cause some discomfort a bit. I have a huge one on each ovary! However, I ovulated on both sides this time with several follicles. Its a shame though to have such a panic for you, next time bring someone silly!!! andriette and christians mummy liz
- Tuesday, 30 Sep SWEETY I KNOW WHAT U MEAN,DOCS SCARED ME AS WELL.EARLY MEASUREMENTS SUCK SOOO JUST KEEP YOUR FEET UP AND EAT HEALTHY THIS WEEK,BET YA ALL WILL BE FINE.SWEET DREAMZ:-DF lilmissk
- Tuesday, 30 Sep I'm glad that 2nd lady was more helpful. I hope things work out for you! chloe no3
- Tuesday, 30 Sep good luck hun, hope every thing goes well at your next scan. im keeping my fingers crossed for you x x momtotheo
- Tuesday, 30 Sep Put your scared feelings to rest.....my specialist told me (when I was six weeks) -that at my first u/s if they can find a heart beat -that puts your risk of losing the preg down to 20% !!! That's a huge jump -I thought you had to wait until you were past 12 weeks -but, he said if you didn't have a early u/s, that's the normal train of thought.
Believe me -when I went for the 8 week scan -you could barely tell it was anything and barely see the heartbeat -I can't believe you could see it at 6 weeks!!! That's fantastic news...one strong little bean growing in there.
6 weeks -no wonder you were spotting...implantation -must have been. Who cares the week...you have a strong being growing away and they can grow up to an inch a week -that's what my doc told me. The first few months the baby is doing most of it's quick growth.
Im so relieved for you. No wonder there's a little pudge showing up -best news!!!
Feed that little one the best you can and get lots of rest. Congrats...you just made my day!!
Take good care.
Talk to ya soon.
PS: Thanks for your well wishes. I think they made me take the three hour glucose because I am classed as high risk and Im thinking it gives more info than the 1 hour one? Just a guess.