Write a new blog
|05-5-2009 - Ummm, what?
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Bear with me, I'm going to be doing some verbal processing and getting my dates organized.....
So I thought I had a UTI, per the pregnancy centers perspective given during a vag ultrasound.....yeah, a little different huh. At that u/s on April 27th she dated me at 6.5 weeks. There was a HB, yolk sac and more than a fetal pole, could sort of see arm buds. Had bright bleeding on April 26th, which tapered to spotting.
I have been brown spotting daily but only 1-3x's per day while wiping since the bleeding incident. well today i saw my former midwife who was kind enough to let me pee and i do NOT have a UTI. She also did a scan b/c my dates are so wierd. According to my LMP I should be 9 weeks and 3 days. I am definitely NOT 9 weeks and three days. According to last weeks scan I should be 8 weeks tomorrow. I am also NOT 8 weeks. On the scan today there was a HB but baby was very small.
So, something very strange is going on but it's hard to tell what it is. She thinks I may be early 6 weeks preggo somehow. WHAT??? THIS IS GOING TO BE THE ABSOLUTE LONGEST PREGNANCY IN THE WORLD! I took a HPT on April 1st and it was negativ, took another one on April 7th and it was positive. So i've known forppretty much four weeks now that there is a bun in there. I must have somehow tested the very day I barely had enough HCG or something. I haven't had any quantative blood counts to know what my numbers are and may do that next.
I changed my appointment with the new OB from tomorrow to June 10th, since I really don't know what is going on. When I do go in I'd like to be able to hear a HB and if this baby makes it we would theoretically be far enough along by then to hear one.
Whew, so that is that for today,.....geesh!
6 Comments on Ummm, what?readyfor3
- Tuesday, 12 May have they checked you hcg levels? how are you feeling? keep us updated! minnie*me
- Wednesday, 6 May Hopefully this all gets straightened out soon! (This would make it feel like the longest pregnancy ever!) When is your next scan? Good luck to you! Take care hon! kbfulloffaith
- Wednesday, 6 May You are right...that's a confusing situation. I think I might ask if I could have some blood levels checked now. If nothing else it will allow your mind to relax and not be concerned or confused...you know? girlinterrupted
- Wednesday, 6 May Hey,
I'm going through something similar too. According to my dates I should be 7 weeks and 6 days but according to the scan I had last week I am 6 weeks and 3 days but I found out I was pregnant 4 weeks ago so I'm not sure how it's possible to only be 6+3. We saw a heartbeat and fetal pole at my scan but the tech did an abdominal scan and I have read online that early in the pregnancy it's clearer if you have a vaginal scan. I was surprised that they could see anything if I was only 5+3 at the time!! A lot of people have told me that their dates were put back at an early scan but moved forward again at later ones. Hopefully this will happen to us!! roosa
- Tuesday, 5 May Wow, that is confusing! I hope you get it all sorted soon and that this will turn out to be a perfect pregnancy. Thinking of you! tto
- Tuesday, 5 May Can you go ahead and get your levels checked now? It'd be nice to see it doubling.