Write a new blog
|29-9-2009 - Glucola
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well, first time drinking glucola at my 28 week visit today. Could have been much worse - giving birth is much more uncomfortable in fact. I haven't heard from the MD so i'm assuming everything is fine. I gained 12 pounds in the last month!!! But, since it makes for a total of 17 pounds of weight gain she isn't overly concerned. Everything else is measuring well including HB and fundal height. We're moving on to every other week visits and have a total of 7 left.
I'm doing better at not panicking about the upcoming delivery. There is really no use in it so I'm trying to not give negative energy to something I can only impact by being positive about. We are meeting a doula tomorrow to see if that is a good choice for us....to have someone there who is emotionally neutral rather than someone who was there at Abner's birth.
Well, i'm a little bit distracted writing this so I'm going to go and maybe add more another day. I just wanted everyone to know that I'm coping and surviving. I still have really, really shitty days that sometimes stretch into shitty weeks and i think i might be slightly depressed...but, i also have really good days that stretch into good weeks. and i have a lot of people around that love and care for me and, ulitmately, i know that i'll get through this and live to tell the tale.
one final note, a resource i've been recommending to others who have loss of difficulty with fertility that has been helpful....
tata for now
5 Comments on Glucolaredheadmama
- Friday, 2 Oct I've been thinking of you and hoping that everything is going beautifully! I am so looking forward to your baby's birth, and watching as the pictures get posted and seeing all the joy in your face that I know is just around the corner. (((hugs))) I think of you and Abner a lot. God bless you, and much love. kara G.
- Wednesday, 30 Sep Glad to hear that you are getting so close. We will be praying for your safe and successful delivery. Lots of prayers. Kara tto
- Wednesday, 30 Sep Wow, only 7! Can't wait! I had a thought. If you are struggling with depression now, it may hit you like a ton of bricks from the hormone change at birth. I struggled with it- and that was hard enough, I can't imagine adding on what you have dealt with. You may want to be proactive and get an antidepressant on hand. As great as new babies are, the hormone change and the demands of baby are really hard. I don't want to see you go through anything you don't have to. I just want everything to be rainbows and butterflies. steph2009
- Wednesday, 30 Sep I was thinking of you today... hope you're doing ok... It seems as though the stress of the upcoming delivery is starting to get to you too... my anxiety really kicked in yesterday... At this point, I'm wanting a guarantee that nothing will go wrong... I'm guessing my obstetrician would laugh at me if I asked for that... Fingers crossed we'll both have completely uneventful births though... it's a bit hard not to stress after all that we've experienced though... I'll be thinking of you lots and if you ever need to let off steam please remember I'm only a few key strokes away... Love Steph xo roosa
- Tuesday, 29 Sep Glad to hear your testing went well today and all in general is going good! Yay. Not long to go!!! BTW I truly recommend a book called 'supernatural childbirth'. I read it in like two hours (actually during my glucola) and turned from being extremely afraid of childbirth to having zero fear. It was amazing. Wishing you all the best! Love, Karin