Write a new blog
|05-12-2009 - Any Ideas?
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Angel Abner's birthday (or as I've also seen in put...Angelversary) is coming up in less than one month, on January 4th. I want to do something special to celebrate, I want to surround myself with family and friends and also have space for it to just be me and hubby and maybe our new little bean. I'm needing a little help to get the creative juices flowing for a good way to celebrate and reflect. I think part of the celebration is the miracle that we've all survived the past year....
The only thing I have thought of so far is to make him a cake and get together with family but I'd like to enhance our time together. We don't have a headstone yet and not everyone like going to the cemetery, plus it's cold out so we probably won't do that although I may do it on my own.
7 Comments on Any Ideas?julz
- Monday, 7 Dec For Ari's 1st b-day in heaven, we had a memorial service at the cemetary(it was Jan 22nd in PA) so it was freezing, but my family and friends still came, then we had a get together afterwards, we had cupcakes and pics of Ari and food, it was very nice. Since we couldn't buy Ari gifts for her b-day we asked people to bring children's books, and we had labels made and donated them to the local libraby in her memory. For her angel day (march 29th) we had a SIDS benefit the night before and a balloon release on the actual day. Me & the kids wrote messages to Ari on the balloons and sent them up to heaven. It was so cute watching the kids do this. You do whatever you want to do, it's your son, don't worry about what other people think, you want his memory to live on, so I think it's great that you are doing something to honor him. I know this is going to be hard for you, I was a mess on Ari's b-day and her angel day...Know that I am here for you if you need me hun! Luv & Hugs-Julia ourlittlehogi
- Sunday, 6 Dec Thanks for the input....Hubby thinks it's a little weird to bake a cake and have people over so we'll keep exploring options to find the right thing that is meaningful for both of us. I like the balloon idea too.... ImWaiting4Baby
- Sunday, 6 Dec On our angels birthdays we each write a message, roll it up and put it in white balloons and then have them filled with helium and let them go. readyfor3
- Sunday, 6 Dec Carmina, that is so sweet. It made me all teary. x tto
- Sunday, 6 Dec I love Carmina's ideas! I think you ought to plan for the morning/ early afternoon for you and DH and the evening for family. That way you don't have to worry about family staying too long and overlapping into your time. Do you know the birth minute? Or another special time? You could do something like the balloon idea and release it at that moment. I love the ideas of writing him messages on it. You could have a discussion with family of what they think Abner is doing in heaven, what family he is with, and all the happiness he feels, like running into Jesus's arms as he learns to walk. I used to make my son a cake and would buy presents at Christmas for a child his age in need. Too bad you can't plant a tree- too cold! victoriak
- Sunday, 6 Dec sweet idea, for Madisens first birthday, we are all going to go to the cemetay, have a short get together, say some words and have a baloon reliece, write some mesages and send to her. I no there are some of my family that dont like going to the cemetary, but honestly I dont care, this is for Madisen, if they dont want to join, they dont have to. You could alway have a get together at your house in a chirch, doesnt have to be at the cemetary, he is wherever you , I believe anyway. CarminaK
- Sunday, 6 Dec Every now and then, my cousins little girl Madison, who somehow feels a connection with Macie, lets a balloon go for her to catch in heaven...I thought that maybe on her first birthay we would all write her a short message and tie it to a balloon and let them all go together.