Write a new blog
|03-3-2009 - update #2
||My mood while writing this blog:|
heres my update..
im suppose to be 10 weeks tomorrow... my last period was december 24th.... i took a pregnancy test jan 27th and it was positive.... i go today to get an ultrasound... and they see a fetal pole, an embryo.. but no heartbeat--- by the mesurements, im 5.5 weeks along.. they cant tell if the baby stopped growing- or my dates are completely off.. i told them i went off the pill in november, and THOUGHT i ovulated the 7th of january.. was i completely wrong? i have no idea. can they see a heart beat at 5.5 weeks? i dont know. all i know is that im completely devestated. i went to the hospital and got more blood work taken. they never took my levels.. so today was the first time. they had me take them today- and are making me take them on thursday... and then they will tell me if they are going up, or going down. my dr gave me an exam after the U/s and told me my cervix is closed.... im spotting a tiny bit.... and we'll just have to wait and see.. he was very nice and sincere about it.. and while im very very upset, theres still some chance i still might be pregnant- but if im not, i'll have to deal with it, and try again. i know everything happens for a reason, and if there is a reason that this baby did not survive... its natures way of doing so.. thank you all for your well wishes and your prayers.. i will keep you all updated.
24 Comments on update #2starka2004
- Thursday, 5 Mar I'm so so sorry. I hope so much for you that everthing will turn out ok. You're in my prayers. susie39
- Wednesday, 4 Mar Oh hun, I'm so sorry, its possible you could still be but in your heart it sounds like you know. I dont think they can hear the heartbeat at 5.5 weeks though so who knows and the spotting could just be your bits inside you moving around - I will pray that that is all it is .. we'll all keep everything crossed for you, good luck on Thursday with your levels. x SunnyMom
- Wednesday, 4 Mar Hi Amber...I am SO sorry. I have been in your situation several times and can relate to the anxiety and sadness you are feeling. There is still hope because if your dates are wrong then they wouldn't be able to hear a heartbeat at 5.5 weeks. With this, my first successful pregnancy, I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and they didn't see that I had a second embryo implanted, they only saw one! I miscarried that second one and then they picked it up on the next ultrasound....so it is early enough that they may have missed it. If the little one does miscarry then it would usually be a chromosomal abnormality that wouldn't allow it to develop into a healthy baby. It is never your fault I promise :-) Keep your faith honey because there is still a chance, OK? minkymoo78
- Wednesday, 4 Mar Oh hun that is such sad news, I really hope you just have your dates wrong and that everything turns out fine xx blee71377
- Wednesday, 4 Mar Amber... stay positive. It aint over until it's over. Let the doctors do their tests. Stay positive. I had a misscarrige at the beginning of February. I was supposed to be 10 weeks, but the baby stopped growing at 4.5 weeks. It's so important to stay positive or you'll go crazy. Wait until you hear from the doctor before you tell anyone. If you need to talk let me know. I've been in your situation... I know how you feel. You are in my prayers! =) KeepinTheFaith
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Hey sweetie, I just wanted to pop in and say that I have heard many stories of this type of situation lately. I personally went through the exact situation that you're in back the fall. My situation did not turn out well but I found a lot of comfort on a site that a friend referred me to. missedmiscarriage.com -- it has a lot of information as well as many many miracle stories. I'll keep you and your little one in my prayers. If you have questions or want to talk, feel free to message me. I tracked my progress in blogs if you want to read them. ((hugs)) sindi-and-justin
- Tuesday, 3 Mar ok so ... i read your blog and you should definitely be more than 5.5 weeks... my last period was december 21 and ended dec 24.. i ovulated around 4 jan and i conceived on this day as well. so you should be around the same time as me... HOWEVER... if you ovulated much later then there should be hope? They will not be able to see or hear a hb at 5.5weeks.. so if all is well that is fine. I hope everything turns out for the best. I am keeping you in my prayers navywife0407
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Dont panic!! If you go to my page and read oct 24 i was 5 weeks and 4 days and there was no hb, well he got one from somewhere! He's 10 months old now Shon
- Tuesday, 3 Mar I am so sorry to hear that!!! I know it's hard but try be positive! GOD bless you! ren
- Tuesday, 3 Mar I am sorry you're going through this. It is one of the most difficult things. I have been through 2, so if you just want to talk I here! Keep us posted on any changes. Lots of prayers!!!
- Tuesday, 3 Mar I am thinking of you and hoping that your dates are off and every thing is fine. kjslover
- Tuesday, 3 Mar I'm so sorry. I hope everything works out ok for you guys! Mrs. Marconi
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Hey girl, so sorry. Keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you. hollyjean
- Tuesday, 3 Mar there is still hope! so untill the DR's tell you other wise just try and keep positive. as for the heartbeat on u/s I had mine at 6weeks 5days and you could BEARLY see it. so you hang in there ok will be prayin !!! sls shannon
- Tuesday, 3 Mar this si almost exactly like my story!!! and im still waiting to find out if i have a viable pregnancy!! take care, if you wanna talk about it.. im here.. im supposed to be 9 weeks!! and im measuring 5!! the waiting is the hardest part but if you dont, they could terminate a viable pregnancy regardless of the dates.. so sorry!! notsmithers
- Tuesday, 3 Mar oh god i hope everything is ok with you.i hope you are pregnant and baby is ok, but if not you will get loads of support & you will get through it. lots of love karen xxxx Rhonda2318
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Were all here for you hun! Hang in there, There's still hope! =) I will still keep praying for you! orone
- Tuesday, 3 Mar hang in there and do let us know if your numbers are going up on Thursday. I've definitely heard of this happening to others and the babies have been fine...so I will be hoping the same for you. We're all thinking about you and wishing for the best. I'm here if you need to talk. sincerely, Erin LittleFeet
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Don't give up just yet, I'm hoping everything will work out for you. ~ I luv my boyz ~
- Tuesday, 3 Mar K dont quote me but if I do recall the heart beat does not show at five weeks b/c it does not start beating til six weeks!
Either im outdated with info or the doctors are retarded!!! MommyRyan
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Oh my. aww im so sorry.
maybe you are just not as far along as you thought?
I will pray for you.
and please please please get 2nd opinion ultrasound if they try to give you d&c
at my first prenatal visit, doc did tansvaginal , and no baby was seen, nothing. 4 days later, went to ultrasound tech, and there was a perfect little baby. the other doc didnt insert wand all the way OR use gel.
if you really are 5 weeks, it may be too early. i had one dont in week 5 and they could see no baby , just a sac.
- Tuesday, 3 Mar 5.5 weeks is early for a heartbeat. Let's just hope for the best and that you are wrong on dates - fingers crossed and praying for you and the babe! ((hug)) TexasMommyWannaBe
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Hey Amber, I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Geesh, I wish I could help. I know you will just be worrying all week but all things happen for a reason. Your dates could be messed up but you know your body; if you need to talk, I'm here. xo Pam kirra82
- Tuesday, 3 Mar Ohhhh sweetie, I am sorry for what you are going through, hopefully they will tell you that your dates are just out and everything is ok.... I will pray that everything is ok and if its not I'm here if you need to chat :)