Write a new blog
|19-3-2009 - bleeding finally over!!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
hello my friends =o)
I went to the Dr on tuesday for a follow up. it was bittersweet because, it was suppose to be the day of my first ultrasound to see our baby. as i sat in the office, looking at the calendar i couldnt believe that it had been two whole weeks since this nightmare had started. he told me i had passed everything naturally and i wouldnt need to have a d&c, which i was happy about. he told me he got the results of the tissue he took out of me last week, and it was infact the placenta tissue and the baby.. which made me want to die right there, knowing that was in fact my child he was RIPPING apart infront of me and my husband. he again acted like it wasnt a big deal, telling me this happens all the time.. blah blah blah.. thats all i heard. have some compassion!! i know he probably sees this all the time, but he treated it as if i had sprained a finger and it would heal fine. all i could do was shake my head. i just wanted to get out of there as soon as i could. i was suppose to have my annual that day too.. but since i was still bleeding, i guess he couldnt. he never told the receptionist to make another apt for me.. so i had to do that too. they cant even get me in til JULY... its not my fault they couldnt do it that day... i was just so annoyed. i know i need to switch drs offices.. i HAVE to, for my own sanity. everytime i go there, all i think about is that terrible, terrible day.
anyways!! its been two full days with no bleeding. which makes me very happy! i want to take all those gigantic over night pads i had to wear and throw them in the garbage! the dr told me my period should return in 4-6 weeks.. im hoping it comes sooner rather than later.. i just want to start trying again for a healthy baby! how has it been for all you ladies? did AF come back soon, or did it take awhile? i know everyone is different, but its still nice to hear how it was for you =o) its funny.. when youre trying not to get pregnant, it seems like youre period comes soo fast every month, but when youre waiting for it, and TTC the days drag by and each week feels like a year!
Hopefully all you ladies i have become friends with are feeling great =o) and your babies are growing nice and strong!! i hope you hear from you soon!
Have a fantastic day =o)
18 Comments on bleeding finally over!! laceyanntaylor
- Wednesday, 25 Mar Hey hun,
I mc my last baby on December 3rd 2008. I got my period again on January 4th 2009. Needless to say I got pregnant again that fast...not just with one...but with two! Now I am only pregnant with one (I had phantom twin syndrome - aka "Blighted Ovum") But, it does prove one thing at least...you are more fertile after you mc. I kept taking my prenatals and I suggest you do the same. Your body needs an ample supply of folic acid to start a strong baby. Your cycle that you had before you conceived this time may change as well. I suggest a lot of sex...lol...sorry to be blunt. And don't get up right away when you are finished. Lay there for awhile! I know you will be pregnant again before you know it! Don't give up! We are all praying for you...so get busy! J/K only if YOU are ready! Which you might have mixed feelings about I am sure. I know I did. I really wanted to be pregnant again, but I was so scared to go through that again. If you need someone to talk to I am here...We are all here for you! Keep us updated! SunnyMom
- Sunday, 22 Mar ps...you must change your doc immediately,,,i have never ever heard something so riduculous. try to find a women too cos they understand us better. SunnyMom
- Sunday, 22 Mar hi sweets....now that baby is here life is hectic...and it still hurts to sit...but i am so relieved and happy even on no sleep.
af came back quickly for me...i also heard that you are often more fertile in the time following an mc...it is going to heppen for you and its going to be so exciting when it does. i must admit i got almost obsessed with getting pregnant after my mcs and that probably didn't help. to help things along with getting pregnant again you may want to consider using the help of a fertility clinic....not a full ivf but just a procedure called iui...they dstimulate more than one egg to release, they exactly time your ovulation by giving you meds, and inject your hubbys sperm right into your uterus...after coosing the best sperms. doesnt cost too much either. but not sure they would accept you cos you ...depends on your fetility history....please stay in touch...id love to hear from you when you are preggers again....i'll probably be around on the baby board...i love this site so much....lots of hugs sweetie...glad you are done with the diapers...i am wearing them too and not only bleeding but fully peeing on myself because i have no control over my pelvic floor muscles after 14.5 hrs of labor and 4 hrs of puishing....but of course its worth it. i would do it all over again in a heartbeat. mungbean
- Friday, 20 Mar hi amber,
how horrible, doctors can be so insensitive!
my friend i told you about previously took 5 0r 6 weeks after her d&c, but it was a really light bleed, just brown spotting that lasted about 2 weeks which was strange for her. it has now been 38 days since her s[potting started and still no period, she was sure she ovulated so fingers crossed she's pregnant again. she wants to wait another 10 days before taking a test just to avoid any disappointment. it does seem like forever waiting each month trying to concieve, but i'm sure it won't take too long. have fun trying, my husband says that's the best part :-) BabyBishop3
- Friday, 20 Mar when I had my miscarriage, I had the D&C on the 21st of January. My period came back on March 4th, and I became pregnant with my daughter a week or so later. She is now 15 months old. They say you are most fertile after a M/C and I became preggo after my very first cycle. As soon as you feel ready, go for it!!! hollyjean
- Friday, 20 Mar well I personaly have not had a miscarage but my neighbor/ friend had a few and her last one she didnt even have A/F and she was PG again...so I dont know. I remeber her telling me the dr wasnt too thrilled cause her body didnt have any recovery time, but she wasnt trying eaither. it just happend. but this was her third child and this pg was a hard one with problems and her other 2 were great...but I know every PG is diff so i dont know...But when you are ready it will happen and I hope that it is very soon that you are back telling us you have a BFP!!!!!!!!!! good luck darlin... godsgift09
- Friday, 20 Mar After my miscarriages I was discouraged from trying again so I'm unsure as to how long it took for my period to return.
I know how insensitive people can be after a miscarriage. I was in fact told that at the ER while crying, "You was never really pregnant in the first place." Excuse me? I also passed everything naturally both times. After my 2nd time I was referred to another office for care and the midwives there were so friendly and understanding. I remembered that and made sure to return to them the next time I am pregnant.
It was about 4 months between each miscarriage. 9 months later I'm pregnant again and everything is going great.
Be sure to get your rest in and you'll be just fine!
Toodles! : D minkymoo78
- Friday, 20 Mar After my miscarriages my AF always showed within 4 - 5 weeks and was completely normal. Good luck with the next month of TTC and I hope you get your sticky BFP really soon. sls shannon
- Thursday, 19 Mar hey amber!! im glad its finally over for you.. im good thanks, i hope your doing good too.. hopefully we can get preggo together again.. i know i havnt received AF since the loss, but i know i ovulated!! that makes me feel good, like maybe things are still working down there and in there.. lol take care, thanks for keeping in touch! kiara
- Thursday, 19 Mar I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been going through, and the doctor's insensitivity doesn't help things! I think you should definitely switch doctors. I miscarried my first baby, a week and a half after my doctor showed us the "heartbeat" on an ultrasound. I started spotting at 9.5 weeks and went in for an ultrasound right away, which showed that the baby had stopped developing at about 6 weeks. I asked my doctor what was the heartbeat she showed us at 8 weeks. She then said really snotty, "Well I guess that wasn't the heartbeat then, was it." I also asked what I should expect to happen during the miscarriage. She responded by saying "To tell you the truth, I don't really know. Luckily I have 3 healthy kids and have never experienced one." Not to be mean, but the last thing I wanted to hear about right then was her 3 healthy kids! When I got pregnant with my daughter, I looked for a different doctor. I happened to find one who has also had a miscarriage, so she completely understands about a lot of my anxieties. Good luck with everything, and message me if you ever want to talk :) BattleSong
- Thursday, 19 Mar Well i had a D&C so i dont know if mine will be diffrent. but when i m/c after the D&C it took about 5 weeks then i had a couple of normal cycles then i had outragous long cycles! lol i mean on average i was ALWAYS 4 to 6 days late.. of course i was TTC. but it seem to go on the fritz when me and my hubby were doing the BD again [he was deployed for a while] then 8 months later i got pregnant again FINALLY lol. but you know what. i think the timeing couldnt be more dead on.. cause when i told god i was finally able to let go and move on is when i seemed to get pregnant again. and it gave me and my husband PLENTY of time to morn and learn to have fun with eachother again [cause of deployments] we when on vacations and just enjoyed life just ME and HIM for just a little while. so we are kinda glad we kinda got our newly wed stage out of the way.. now we are just ready to expand again!! lol but my last child is ALWAYS counted in my family its ME MY HUSBAND my ANGEL and my dog. it will always be a part of me and my family, my angel is never far from our side. till i can be with my baby that will have to do for now.
I hope you feel better soon, you will never forget but it does get easier. take your time getting pregnant again so you can truely overcome the loss of your child. buffyhaving twins
- Thursday, 19 Mar AF came exactly 4 weeks later. Then I had 2 more strange periods before finally getting pregnant again. By strange I mean 40 days cycle, then 14 days, it was a little messed up, but after 3 full periods I got pregnant so that was good. Good luck getting pregnant, I hope it happens quickly for you! Shellie77
- Thursday, 19 Mar I actually didnt even have AF between the time of my m/c and getting pregnant again! It was 2 months inbetween, but my cycles are really weird and I skip months sometimes. Im so glad to see youre feeling better :) orone
- Thursday, 19 Mar Amber, I'm glad to know that this part of the nightmare is finally coming to an end or you. The emotional roller coaster will stick around for quite some time, but you will start to feel better soon, I promise. I had my miscarriage on Halloween a few months back and my period came almost exactly one month later. We could have tried that cycle, but since we had a Caribbean vacation planned, we waited until the next cycle...i decided I had earned the right to go out and just get drunk on vacation after all we had been through...and I'm not a drinker by any means! Thankfully we got pregnant right away when we started trying and so far so good. I still think about that little baby every day, but as I get closer and closer to the 2nd trimester with this little one it is getting easier and easier. I can't wait to see you back on here with good news! I don't know if this has actually helped me this time around, but my doctor has me take a baby asprin everyday with my vitamins. Apparently this helps control small blood clots that can sometimes be the cause of first trimester miscarriages. She told me there is no harm to the baby by doing this, it's just a new idea out there. You could always run that by your new doctor and see what they say? If anything, it has made me feel as though I was doing something to help this new little bean along. PeapodMommy
- Thursday, 19 Mar With the m/c's that I had naturally, it was like my body thought that they were my period. 4 weeks later was when my next period came. I'm glad that the bleeding has stopped and PLEASE find a new dr. My mom made me promise to get a new dr. after my old one was really flippant about a problem she was having. I asked around and a friend recommended the one I have now and I am SO much happier! sindi-and-justin
- Thursday, 19 Mar Wonderful that you are all healed up!!!!... Geeee, my period became irregular and I pray that will not be the case with you - i never knew when i was ovulating or anything - for the whole of 2008 - we didn't fall pregnant and I know you don't want to hear negetivity but i'd just like to share my experience - I stressed and stressed to fall pregnant that i got myself into a depressed state.. finally got over that and over ttc mid 2008 and just started enjoying life - and then boom.. here i am with an "unplanned" but planned pregnancy... Just some friendly advice... do not stress, and live for TTC... it will ruin your hormones.... just live each day and be happy and ENJOY the sex!!!! lots of love and best of luck.... ryleighsmom
- Thursday, 19 Mar Hey, I am glad that the bleeding has stopped, it is progress in a very slow process. I am still bleeding today, but it has only been 5 days, so I am thinking I still have a while to go. YOU NEED to get a new doctor. Just for a comparison, my physical was last Wednesday and they could only do the non-internal stuff, and I was upset because I had to tell them and the nurse and doctor both sat with me and let me cry, and said take as long as you need...so you need to find that, you need to know that you can FEEL when you go to the doctor, and that they will be understanding...good luck finding another physician, and plenty of baby dust to you!! delarla
- Thursday, 19 Mar After both my miscarriages my period came back right away. Actually... i miscarried the beginning of April 07 and conceived my daughter later the month. So anythings possible. Im so sorry to hear about your horrible experience.