Write a new blog
|25-3-2009 - too soon???
||My mood while writing this blog:|
soo... i feel as though im going to get AF next week... maybe. i dont know if its in my head, but i feel like i might. my boobs have been wicked sensitive the past few days, and when i went to the bathroom yesterday and wiped there was clear CM on the tissue... i thought nothing of it until today, when i was outside with my son.. i thought i actually got my period because i felt a little wetness... (tmi.. i know.. sorry) so when i went to the bathroom, it was all CM when i wiped again.. my belly is a little crampy, so im just thinking... maybe this is the start of AF maybe coming back.. i feel like its sooo soon though. im unsure of when they say 4-6 weeks after you m/c... do they count from when you start bleeding.. or when you stop?.. i started bleeding on the 3rd of march... actually lost the baby on the 10th.. and completely stopped everything on the 18th.i know every one is different, but im just wondering when all you ladies say "it came right back" " 4 weeks almost to the day"..... are you counting from when it started or when everything ended..
i guess only time will tell.. and does anyone think its sick and twisted that i want to try right away to have another baby.. some people, when i tell them the dr said we could start trying after one period... look at me like i have 4 heads, and tell me im crazy. ive accepted everything, i understand these things sometimes happen.... and i am ok with that. why shouldnt i be able to try again? i just dont get into it, and leave it at that..
we have decided though, my husband and i... that when we do get pregnant again... we arent telling anyone until after 12-14 weeks... you ladies will probably be the only ones to know. i just dont want to go thru the heartache again of telling everyone we know... and then having to tell them all, that we lost the baby.
i hope everyone is having a great pregnancy so far and those of you who arent pregnant, i hope youre having a wonderful time TTC and my friends who just had their babies.. give little baby hugs from me =o)
21 Comments on too soon???em2 stewarts wife
- Friday, 3 Apr I think your AF should be right around the corner... idk maybe I missed how far along you were but this sounds like it was a natural m/c... either way I say you count from the first day of real bleeding so if that was the 3rd maybe you would be getting AF somewhere between now and say the 5th or so. But dont be too concerned if you dont get it for another week or so. And no you are not sick and twisted for trying again soon. With this last loss Brian ask the doctor if there was anything medically wrong with trying again right away and he said no. We havent waited to try after any of our losses... I think many of us here know the feeling of just wanting to be pregnant right away. Not to replace our babies but to have the oportunity to try again. Good Luck... I hope to be trying with you soon... though I only have a window of a few weeks as DH will be going out to sea again... EEEEKKK! aussiegirl80
- Monday, 30 Mar I got my af 34 days after the day of the d&c, which is only 3 days later than normal. I was expecting it to be later because I was nearly 13 weeks when it happened..... I also won't be telling anyone untill the second trimester! I hope that your af isn't too far away :) SunnyMom
- Sunday, 29 Mar ignore everyone and absolutely try again immediately...it's the best way to help yourself heal. And DEFINATELY don't tell anyone till you are well along in the pregnancy. :-) Lots of baby dust your way :-) laceyanntaylor
- Saturday, 28 Mar Amber,
YOU and your husband have come to terms with your loss. Therefore, if YOU are ready again then by all means...get busy!!! Lol. You will probably have even more closure with this mc once you conceive again. I didn't want to tell anyone right away when I got pregnant again either. In fact, I didn't even tell my boyfriend until about 3 weeks ago! I was so scared this time around that I was going to lose it again and I just really didn't want to upset anyone. There is nothing wrong with that either. Everyone grieves at their own pace. Everyone moves on at their own pace. You are not weird. You have grieved....you have come to terms with your loss....and now you are moving on. Completely normal and healthy. That is your choice babe. And we are all here for you! delarla
- Thursday, 26 Mar Im not sure if I already told you this or someone else, but I miscarried around April 4th 2007 and fell pregnant with my daughter a couple weeks later. I actually never got my period. Also, with my first miscarriage my period was back really soon. Soon enough that I got pregnant about a month later. So I guess everyone is different. starka2004
- Thursday, 26 Mar I think whenever you guys have dealt with it and are ready to try again is when you should. It sounds as though you've accepted it and are ready to try again, and there is nothing wrong with that. Best of luck to you. RainbowRach
- Thursday, 26 Mar I counted from the day I started bleeding and had AF exactly 4 weeks later. Its entirely your choice to TTC whenever you want x x sindi-and-justin
- Thursday, 26 Mar IF AF ARRIVES _ LET IS PASS AND START DANCING AGAIN BABY!!!!! sleepymomma
- Wednesday, 25 Mar I don't think it is crazy to TTC right away. I probably would. I am glad that you are feeling better. kiara
- Wednesday, 25 Mar I don't think it's crazy at all to TTC right away. All I wanted to do after my m/c was to get pregnant ASAP! good luck :) aussiegirl80
- Wednesday, 25 Mar I think that you are very normal to want to try again. I feel the same way- a new pregnancy can't come soon enough! Follow your heart :) I am not sure if it's your af or not.... I was sure that my af was going to be here at the begining of the week, had pms, cramps, everything but the bleeding but it hasn't arrived yet and now I am getting ferns on the maybebaby, so maybe it's ovulation time for us? Is your doctor monitoring your hcg levels? I think that they have to be at 0 to have af. I had my m/c on 21 Feb, I hope that our bodies are back to normal soon so we can have our babies! Take care of yourself xx buffyhaving twins
- Wednesday, 25 Mar I don't think it's that strange. My AF came back 4 weeks from the day the placenta passed. So if it's March 10 for you, you should be looking around the 7-8 of April, but it is entirely possible to get it earlier or later. I had 3 cycle between my m/c and getting prego again, so hopefully it will happen soon for you! I don't think it's crazy at all. When I found out again, we didn't tell anyone for the first 3 months, just in case. Good luck I hope you get prego again soon! mugs
- Wednesday, 25 Mar I hope your period is starting (it's strange...that's one thing I never thought I'd be hoping for myself or someone else!)...I am still waiting on mine although it's only been 3 weeks tomorrow from my d&c.. I've heard it cna be as early as 2 weeks after the miscarriage so it's differnt for everyone. Everything is considered normal, I think..we are doing the same thing and will be trying right away as our doctor gave us the one cycle rule too...I think it is a way to deal and to move on. The babies we lost will never be forgotten but life goes on and we were already so ready for another baby. Wishing you the BEST. Take care! kirra82
- Wednesday, 25 Mar If your ready to try again then definitely go for it, its your life and your body, dont worry about what others think. I think its totally normally to want to try again. Good luck, cant wait to hear more news xx orone
- Wednesday, 25 Mar Amber, I got my period exactly 4 weeks after my miscarriage...and no, I don't think you are crazy to want to start trying right away. It the most natural form of self healing that I can think of! And I agree about waiting to tell, we just told my parents last weekend when we hit 12 weeks, and are telling my in-laws this weekend at 13 weeks. As for the rest of my friends and co-workers we are still waiting another 3-4 weeks because of those same fears. With my miscarriage we hadn't even told anyone we were pregnant yet...and it was hard having zero support after the loss...but I'd rather that than people always asking how I'm doing and giving me those eyes that say pity! I'm finally getting the courage to spread the news...but it takes some time. Good luck and I really hope it is your period coming back! IRS
- Wednesday, 25 Mar Good Luck!!!! I have been getting cramps too and BB's are kinda sore more of a burning sensation..... hummmm maybe its our month :) Keep me up to date! My af is due April 6th. I ovulate early so im 4 dpo today and my temps went up more today :) Take care and hope all is well! Shellie77
- Wednesday, 25 Mar I didnt even have a period between the time of my m/c and my current pregnancy! And Ive had 2 losses, this time we only told close friends and family. Im not advertising it to anyone else for a long while yet. Youre not crazy for wanting to try again soon, not at all! Good luck!! blee71377
- Wednesday, 25 Mar My period came back 5 weeks and 4 days after my D&E. I was achy and crampy a lot leading up to my actual period. My boobs are still sensitive and it's been 6 weeks since I lost the baby. Good Luck! =) PeapodMommy
- Wednesday, 25 Mar As long as your doctor says it's okay, try when YOU are ready. It's no one else's business. And I understand waiting, it's very painful to tell everyone of a loss. Painful for you and for them because they always feel so bad for you... KeepinTheFaith
- Wednesday, 25 Mar Hi Amber, my AF returned 4 weeks exactly after my D&C. My surgery was on October 26 and I conceived my next baby on January 4th. NO! You're not crazy to want to try again right away. And by the way, I JUST announced this pregnancy to the world and I'm 13 weeks, I also don't blame you for wanting to wait to tell people after you do conceive. Lots of luck to ya girlie! Let me know if you ever need to talk. :) missdaisy623
- Wednesday, 25 Mar Hey! I don't think it's crazy at all to want to start trying as soon as you can. Like you said, these things just sometimes happen and there had to be a reason for it so I wouldn't worry what other people say about it. It's a decision for you and your husband, not everyone else. Good luck with the baby making!! :)