Write a new blog
|03-6-2010 - so upset!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
so i finally gave in, and told my BEST friend today, that i was pregnant. (we've only told our family, who by the way- were all over the moon excited!! and no one else knows) i thought, she was going to be just as happy as i am, and all giddy.... but no. you know what the first thing she said... " wow.. do you even want another baby right now!?" i was in such shock that she wasnt going to share in my happiness that i didnt even know what else to say. she asked when i found out, i told her awhile ago that i was due jan 1st, and then she didnt say anything for like 5 minutes. so finally i said, "well... we're happy and thats all that matters" and all she said was 'yup'
i mean, whatever... but it just really hurts my feelings that she would act like that. she knows i want 4 kids, and she knows i want them before im 30. i dont know, i know my husband is going to tell me not even to worry about it, that it
s not a big deal, but it pisses me off.
what do you ladies think??
17 Comments on so upset! shawshoo
- Monday, 7 Jun jealous maybe?? we'll be happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mungbean
- Sunday, 6 Jun well if it's any conselation, i'm happy for you!!! i too want to have all our children by the time i'm 30 and i can fit 1 more in (we currently have 4), now i just have to convince my husband whom has only agreed to 4 children. we had an 18mth gap approx between our children, but i would have loved to have them even closer, but while breastfeeding it was not to be for us. i am happy with what i have been blessed with, but i certainly don't feel like our family is finished yet. down be down heartened by her feelings, rejoice in your own happiness as this is a very special time for your family. there is no room in our short lives for negativity. mrs. myers (Jessie)
- Friday, 4 Jun That's crappy of her to react that way, and I'm sure she'll realize it was crappy, and apologize. If not, then she doesn't sound like a very good friend to me. J9
- Friday, 4 Jun that's a real shame. if i were you i would speak up now so it doesn't eat you up. i'd say i was really disappointed with her reaction and as my best friend i'd hope she'd share my happiness. if she's pissed that you didn't tell her straight away i'd say something like you and hubby wanted to have some time to keep the news private and isn't it your right?! sorry you had to go through that. she should really think about how she treated you. Pocahontas
- Friday, 4 Jun I am so sorry that your friend was not as happy as you thought she would be. I know you are hurt and would have felt the same. Thankfully you family is excited with you. I am sure your friend will come round. She might have a personal reason that has nothing to do with you for responding this way, something she feels she cannot share with you right now. - L readyfor3
- Friday, 4 Jun wow, how hurtful. she's just jealous...I say you keep your distance...you don't need an unsupportive "friend" like that mrsjmickens1
- Thursday, 3 Jun boo on her! smccarter18
- Thursday, 3 Jun I agree with everyone else. she's jealous. does she have kids? I would think that she probably wants to have one and has for a while and you just keep poppin them out but she doesn't. I wouldn't be upset but I would maybe talk to her about it and see what is going on because yes she should be happy for you but maybe there is something more to it that you should be aware of. And if not that she's just being rediculous. *dcsfantasticfour
- Thursday, 3 Jun I def. think shes jealous..... Its not right but she probably is having a hard time with it.... BabySaunders
- Thursday, 3 Jun It does sound like she's jealous, but it could also be that most people don't want babies back to back and it might be surprising to her. It'd be surprising to me too! But she handled it totally wrong. I personally dont want my kids any closer than 20 months, but that's just me. If you're happy with getting pregnant right after having Wyatt then Im happy for you! :) Babies are miracles and the more there are in the world the better. I just personally couldnt handle two babies in diapers ;) But that doesnt mean it's not allowed to be done lol. Plenty of people have babies close in age. I think she's probably just surprised. Give her a little time and hopefully she'll apologize. My best friend is the same. She's single and living at home and I'm married, house and a baby. She's gets snippy sometimes too. carlos-erin
- Thursday, 3 Jun Sorry she acted like that. Wasn't very nice of her at all. Maybe she has some other things on her mind. Just cause she wasn't thrilled don't let her reaction take away your joy! PeapodMommy
- Thursday, 3 Jun Oh boy...I had something similar happen when I finally got past the first trimester and told my "friend". She was also having infertility problems. I mean, I had 4 miscarriages before Owen so I thought she would be happy for me knowing how much of a struggle and heartbreak it was for us. All I got was an e-mail that said, "I knew it would happen for you one day" and that was literally the last time I heard from her. I responded and told her that it wasn't easy, but we just kept trying until finally it worked hoping to encourage her, but she didn't write back and never called. It has been over a year now. Jealousy can really blind a person. I see now that she was just so hurt that she wasn't getting pregnant that she couldn't be happy for me. It was a real loss to me to lose her as a friend. We'd been friends since I was 16. mmyof3angels
- Thursday, 3 Jun AWW Amber! I think she is 100% jealous of you! It sounds like you have something that she wants and since you are getting to do it again, she is upset! I know its upsetting but you dont need to let it get you down! You have a beautiful lil family and another little miracle on the way! Now I may add that I am a little jealous as well...lol! :P No really I am very happy for you, I am just ready to go again as well!! :) Amalthea
- Thursday, 3 Jun when i told a good friend of mine i was pg last time she was like i know.. you blasted it all over the internet already... shes been very unsupportive of me having kids and i know its cause she doesnt like or want kids..so this time around i didnt bother to give her a special call to tell her about the baby.. its not worth the upset.... all that matters is that you and your hubby are happy about this baby.. screw those negative people pinkmama
- Thursday, 3 Jun i dont know ladies... thats what my husband is going to say. its just upsetting that she acted like that... and then when i told her we saw that baby on the u/s all she said was .. huh, youre one fertile lady... what the hell is that? i just talked to my husband and he told me that all she is, is jealous. shes jealous that im married and shes single, shes jealous that we have a home and she still lives at home with her parents and shes jealous that i have kids and she doesnt. 07babe
- Thursday, 3 Jun wow. is it posible shes jealous of you?? i would be really upset as well. ryleighsmom
- Thursday, 3 Jun Could she be jealous? Don't let it get you down! I have decided to remove negativity from my life completely, so if that means taking a break, then DO IT! Your family is most important! I am so happy for you!!