Write a new blog
|06-4-2010 - 20 weeks - Almost passed out
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hello 20 weeks! Half way! And how do I celebrate? By almost passing out on the train on the way to work this morning :-( I have a 45 minute train journey and about 20 minutes in I was reading my paper and began to feel a bit queezy, so I stopped reading and looked out of the window. Within minutes I started to feel like I was going to pass out, my vision went blurry, my hearing went muffled and my head was throbbing. I didn't know what to do, so tapped the person sitting next to me and told him I was going to pass out. He looked petrifed! Then another commuter appreared from no where, opened the window above me and told me to take off my scarf and undo my jacket. He then went to get me some water. By the time he came back the feeling had passed. How I didn't pass out I will never know. I have never been so close to passing out without actaully passing out.
I had a headache all day yesterday which was still here now. So added to that the episode on the train I thought it best to get myself checked out. There is an NHS drop in center at Liverpool Street station when my train comes into, so I went there and they checked my blood pressure - normal, and urine - normal. So the episode is totally unexplained. The nurse was encouraging me to go home, but I decided to come to work. I have a desk job so i figure i won't be resting anymore being here than at home. I'll see how my headache is this afternoon, and if I still have it, I might consider heading home. I will give my midwife a call too and see if she wants to check me out or send me for blood tests - I wonder if maybe I am anemic?
Aside from all of that, I'm good. Saturday night Peanut gave me its first unmistakeable kick - I was in the shower shaving my legs and had my hand on my tummy and felt the kick on my hand as well as on the inside - so exciting. And to top off a nice 4 day Easter weekend, hubby and I were on the sofa last night when Peanut decided to kick again, this time when Dan had his hand on my tummy and he felt it too - yipeeeeee!!!!
We have our 20 week scan on Thursday - we can't wait to see Peanut again!
Hope all you ladies are well. Labour dust to Ashley - you will have Noah in your arms so soon - can't wait to see pictures! And baby dust to those TTC.
Love Pol & Peanut
6 Comments on 20 weeks - Almost passed outgina nz
- Tuesday, 6 Apr i would get them to check your haemoglobin levels, i am anaemic in this pregnancy so take iron, but even when i do faint or get light headed my blood pressure drops alot, best advice i got was also to lie on my side or sit with head between legs and have some water and wafers etc....... hope it doesnt happen again it is yucky. yvonneshope
- Tuesday, 6 Apr Oh wow! Thank goodness for that person!!!!! That is such a yukky feeling! Happy news though with the little one!!!! That is one of the best feelings, lol! And nice for daddy to feel it too! I will be interested in what the midwife has to say - I wonder if she will get you levels checked? And lets hope no more episodes! Callie D
- Tuesday, 6 Apr I too am experiencing the "near fainting" also called near synopse during this pregnancy. My doctors advised me to sit/lay down when the feeling comes on and to let it pass. What the commuter did for you on the train was the right thing. Removing additional clothing and getting fresh air prevented it from peaking further. I hope that your condition improves! I haven't had as many episodes in the past 2 (or so) weeks. Definitely not a fun side affect of pregnancy! heidismummy
- Tuesday, 6 Apr i had episodes of feeling faint when i was pregnant with my daughter. i would know when it was about to start and i would tell the person next to me and then just sit on the floor, whether it was a shop floor or the floor at my work! i was told its just a symptom of pregnancy, that there is that much blood rushing around and your body is working so hard that sometimes it just gets a bit much!! i had a really bad episode last week when i had to go home from work even though i work in an office, the screen was blurry, i had a cold anyway, and a persistent headache along with feeling sick (im not a drama queen honest)! i do think though when you feel like this its a good idea to rest as much as you can! hope your scan goes well and you keep enjoying all those kicks! maybebaby4
- Tuesday, 6 Apr Low blood sugar maybe? Keep snacks such as dried fruit and nuts on you at all time, as well as a bottle of water. Happened to me a number of times throughout pregnancy, but I always felt fine after putting my head between my legs, loosening what clothing I could and having a snack and a drink and some fresh air.. Freespirit
- Tuesday, 6 Apr Hi Pol - Sorry you felt that way. I wionder what bought it on? Maybe it was hotter than you thought on the train.... Well keep an eye on it anyway and make sure you get yourself checked out again if it happens again. I bet you are looking forward to your scan?!?! It is amazing and you see everything in so much more detail! I am glad you felt the baby kick! I had a lot of movement at the weekend and yesterday I got the biggest kick yet - I had eaten some chocolate cake, so I wonder if thats what did it?!?!? Good luck for Thursday and tell me all about it when you get back xxxxx