Write a new blog
|30-9-2008 - Busy day!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
This has got to be one of the longest days ever- and it's only 2:30!!!!
I'm really happy that I was finally able to get Baron (dog in my pics) neutered. His vet ok'd it after his last Valley Fever titer. For those of you who have never heard of VF it is a fungus that could kill any person/animal. Evil things really... I have been hoping to get him done for at least a year! Woohoo!!!!
Next I went to get my U/S done. This was "the one". It only lasted about 20 mins but it was pretty cool. Bub's daddy was able to make it to the show! Everything looks good and Bub measured right on track. So the good news....I was RIGHT! I picked my gender out when I was 5 weeks. I swore up and down and would have placed money on it. Even when the girls at work kept on telling me it was not what I KNEW Bub to be. Well it's a boy!
Finally, I got back home from stroller shopping (just looking) and noticed that my poor Merlin (other dog) was still vomiting. He ate a Greenie last night and started vomiting because he ate it too fast. Well I decided to take him to the vet because SOMETHING was wrong. I thought he might have a piece stuck in his esophagus since he couldn't even keep down water. Sure enough, I was right; x-rays confirmed it. The vet told me that she could try sticking a tube down his throat to push it into his stomach and then open him up to get it out. If that didn't work, he needed to go to a surgical specialist ($4,000+). I decided to have my vet try with the tube first and hope that she could push it into his stomach. I was just getting the estimate signed ($3,000.00) when one of the Techs ran in and told me to put my pen down. 5 to 10 minutes later the Vet and 4 Techs ran into the exam room with big smiles on their faces. Turns out poor Merlin got SO nervous he vomited up the "F"ing Greenie! Neat before and after x-rays, you could see the blockage and swelling. He still needs to be hospitalized overnight with IV fluids, medication: antibiotics, anti-vomiting, Zantac, painkiller, and steroids, with another x-ray and lab work in the morning. I'm hoping his swelling goes down fast and he can come home tomorrow. His new bill is somewhere in between $1,2000-$1,5000- ouch.
4 Comments on Busy day!jambaby
- Thursday, 2 Oct SOOOOOOOOO happy for you, boys are so fun, and they love their mommies :) Congrats
- Wednesday, 1 Oct So glad to hear he is okay! Man, I have read lots of stories about Greenies and knotted rawhides being dangerous...the reason I had heard about the Greenies is b/c a store near us stopped carrying them due to "choking hazards." Oh, I hope he gets to come home and rest tomorrow! jacobb-n-jordans-mommy
- Wednesday, 1 Oct Was is a greenie? Poor puppy and poor wallet jeez thats a hefty vet bill... congrats on the baby boy! I want a little girl so bad!!! Wish me luck. CaliKatie
- Wednesday, 1 Oct Wow that is quite the day - and your right, still so early! I feel for ya having doggies. I hope they both heal up nicely! AND congrats on finding out what 'it' is! I cant wait to find out what ours is. You need to relax! best wishes!