Write a new blog
|24-4-2009 - Cannot have labour C-section it will be!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Not so happy
Well had our 21 week appt today-I go every two weeks as I am designated high risk. Well not good news. My previous c-section scar is ALREADY stretching too thin, it should be 2 mm, it is 1.7. Which means it is stretching too soon-thus my doctor predicts that it will not be able to hold together the proper duration of a pregnancy. He does not want it to rupture so we will be measuring it every two weeks via ultrasound and when it is getting close to its limit I will be put on bed rest-how severe-hospital or home, we will wait and see.
I am to start watching for immediatley any signs of pre-term labour(he told me what to watch for)-it shouldnt happen, but of course there is always a chance. I just want to make it to 24 weeks, as the babies will have a 90% chance of viablility once born if extreme pre-term labour will happen. He is giving me a target week of week 34-which will put me at July 25th, my edd being September 5th. Right now the babies are flourishing, they are measuring 21 weeks right on target for singletons, and my uterus is measuring 23 weeks=so not stretching out all that bad-although the biggest growth curve has yet to come week 24-28. My blood pressure and proteins are perfect. Babies hearts are strong.
So no bed rest yet, just a note to take it easy, and I will just wait 2 weeks for my next appt and wait for those results, so on and so on.
* note......my sisters twin boys were born at 33 weeks last August via c-section weighing 4,4 and 4,12, they are now 7 months and caught up in size weight and development, and were in NICU for only one week. I have a 20 week belly photo poste don my page if you are interested in seeing how big I am.
Thanks for listening ......well reading...........Melanie :-)
7 Comments on Cannot have labour C-section it will be!Sebine
- Wednesday, 13 May Hey, Girl! You and your babies will be in my prayers. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I understand the scare of a high risk pregnancy, but that is as far as I can relate so far. Thank you for sharing with us. Please keep us posted. Abigails Mommy
- Sunday, 3 May Mel I'm so happy you and the babies are doing great!! I am sorry you have the worry of your scar though. krista2n2
- Saturday, 2 May Good thing the babies are doing well. U are close to me with twins but im measuring a big difference than you are in 27 weeks with boy/girl weighing in at 2# 9 and 2# 4 both my babies are head down but i cant have a vainal either another c-section b/c i had problems with my scar tissue after my son was born so they dont want to take a chance of a rupture oh yeah i measure in at a full term baby 37 weeks Take good care of urself i pray things go well for you and the babies christinesc
- Monday, 27 Apr I'm glad to hear the babies are doing so well. Take care of yourself and don't try to do too much! I know that's easier said than done when you have another little one running about! **MOLAR**SURVIVOR!!
- Saturday, 25 Apr Sounds like the babies are doing great! yay =) With regards to the section, any way that gets the babies into the world safe is the best and what matters. Take it easy and I hope everything continues going good for you! =) utopianite
- Friday, 24 Apr Sorry that you have to have another c-section, but at least you know ahead of time so that it's not a shock once the time comes. 34 weeks would be good. Almost scary to think of how close that actually is! babynheaven
- Friday, 24 Apr Oh no….! honey take it supper easy do the less possible. Be positive your babies will be ok and you will make it longer than 24 k. Take good care of your self, don’t lift heavy objects or even Rylan rest a lot it has to help some way. And I also heard that if they suspect that you will have a pre-term labor they give you injections to make the babies lungs grow faster. Did you ask your doctor? I heard that when you’re are having twins and they will be pre-term they give you injections to prepare the babies you might want to ask. Please don’t stress K, God is with you and you’re strong but again rest rest rest it has to help you . I’m doing ok, I went to my 20week appt. and everything is fine saw the babies were sleeping. Cant wait to hold them in my arms…awwhhh…..! But listen young lady please rest and don’t worry you will have your babies are will be born healty ok.
Keep me posted and I will pray for you and the little beans and by the way cute names…!