Write a new blog
|01-12-2009 - Planning and Scheming!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Dear My Most Favorite Mommies on the Planet,
I would like to plan a major IAP meet-up! I am thinking Las Vegas next fall. The reason I am thinking Vegas is because plane tickets are generally cheaper, the weather is warm in the fall, and hotel rooms cost next to nothing.
I am also wondering if we would like to include all the babies? Personally, I would love to have this be a mommy's weekend away, not that I wouldn't like to meet all the kiddos, but we would be really restricted on what we can do...working feedings, naps, and crabby times. Also, if we did bring our kiddos, I would need to buy 3 extra plane tickets, which would be really cost prohibitive.
What do you all think? Would you be willing to travel from the East Coast to Las Vegas? If not, where would be an alternate location. I think we need to get this planned and JUST DO IT ALREADY! LOL!
Hoping to meet you all one day...
13 Comments on Planning and Scheming!colombianmama
- Saturday, 5 Dec I'm all for it. I will have internet back next wednesday so we can talk about the details. soon2be3
- Thursday, 3 Dec Amanda, I think it would be in October. That seems to be the month that the most amount of people could go. Amanda-is-Rebekahs-mommy
- Thursday, 3 Dec I would love to meet up with a bunch of mommies!! I think I'll have a hard time leaving babies behind though honestly, as Sarah will still be under a year... I'll have to see what I can pull! I definitely won't be able to afford to do it this Spring as our savings is pretty much all going to taking us to Hawaii for one of my best friend's wedding... Fall would be the earliest I could financially pull it. ELISMOMMY
- Wednesday, 2 Dec I love this idea! Also no offense to my little honey but baby free sounds good! :0) Does anyone ever come to Myrtle Beach ever??? soon2be3
- Tuesday, 1 Dec nmck, we would go over a long weekend. At the most, you would only need to take off one day. You could call in sick! LOL! You have to go! You promised Riane you would drink with her. Heck, if you went, I would drink with you too! nmck
- Tuesday, 1 Dec I would never be able to do it... Being in the hospital with Michael wiped out all of my built up paid leave. I have to horde as mush time as possible or take all of my next maternity leave unpaid. Which would kill us! It does sound like great fun though. military~mommy
- Tuesday, 1 Dec Fall would be better for me, since I will be in England until August, then I will be back in the states again!!! Maybe Labor day weekend? Danetteplustwo
- Tuesday, 1 Dec Sounds fun if i could swing the money...June and May are bad for me soon2be3
- Tuesday, 1 Dec I am afraid if we wait until next fall, one of you ladies will get pregnant and foil all of our plans. LOL! BraxtonsMommy0516
- Tuesday, 1 Dec Soon-I think either would be ok. As long as it's not in July. We are doing Josh's 2 week Wish trip to Florida. And sometime in May he will be getting out his central line. But other than that I'm good to go any other time. soon2be3
- Tuesday, 1 Dec Do you guys think this spring or next fall? pixiekate
- Tuesday, 1 Dec I am totally down!!!! I am all for being baby-free too. BraxtonsMommy0516
- Tuesday, 1 Dec soon-I think is a FAB idea!!!!! Vegas would be good for me, I have never been to Vegas and I am sure I would enjoy it especially with all you wonderful ladies. I'm for it!!!!!!! And I also think Mommies only is a good idea!