Write a new blog
|25-5-2009 - Hospital visit
||My mood while writing this blog:|
fed up! and want this over now!
Hey ladies hope your ok and enjoying the extended weekend (uk bank holiday)
Well today im 39weeks 1 day! And for the past day or two i haven't felt baby move much at all and with all the worry with his growth etc... I am naturally scared stiff! So this morning when i woke all of a start when i realised i'd overslept and lil man hadn't woke me at all with his movements i changed sides lay on my back and felt my tum and even pressed on his bum and sides which usually starts him off wriggling about or pushing my hand off but nothing so Mo tries...Nothing so i jump out of bed and decide to make brekkie and see if that moves him after what seemed like an eternity he nudged! But it wasn't enough i was getting more and more anxious as i have a horrid cold and feel misserable anyway i started crying and pannicking so Mo said were going to the hospital i thought that anyway as i wouldn't rest if anything happened and i hadn't tried to go to the hospital, So i called them and they said come in to triage as day unit is closed today in one hour, So we took Elisha to my sisters and all i could to was blubber everytime i spoke i just couldn't explain how i felt very well, Ooh i forgot to mention iv'e needed to pee like all the time now and i keep getting sharp pains down there and lots of pressure and backache and twinges in my lower tum! I stood up last night and i felt like i had soo much pressure i peed myself abit as i couldn't stop the liquid i assumed that maybe the waters had started to go, and i was damp this morning and im finding myself have lil trickles and thats not the norm for me,
So i get there i felt like i couldn't walk as every step felt like i was gonna pee and it was gonna go everywhere and that pain you get when you have overheld yourself was unbearable, So there was abit of a wait for a bed and i still had no movements from baby so i was sitting in the waiting area frantic! and really uncomfy then we got called in i explained how i felt and she could see i'd been crying so she hooked me up to a monitor which found the heartrate to be good but again it was like he was sleeping so very steady then when she went away woosh! He kicked into gear and we kept loosing the trace he was soo wriggly something about them machines makes them go mad! And also makes you look like a fool but i don't care i was soo hot in there also the line underneath was for contactions and i did get 2 high peakes in there and at the same time his heartrate went down abit which was worrying but when we asked her about that she just said oh we don't take much notice of that we go on what you tell us! after half an hour she took me off and said that looks ok but because what you said about the waters im gonna check with a speculum (sp) that was weird and uncomfy but had to be done and she was uumming and arrring but said well i don't think they have started to go it might just be extra vignal discharge in pregnancy or his heads that low now that he is sqishing your bladder that much that the tiniest liquid comes out well fair enough but its gonna sound gross but it didn't smell like pee or have the same colour but they know best lol! she checked my BP that was fine and urine was clear so after having a long chat with me she assured me things looked fine for now so i went home and she said because i have a midwife visit on thursday to see how i go any probs to go back at any time day or night to the hospital and they will see me and decide what to do from then on as they say they don't do anything really at the first report of Lack of movements they get more worried if theres more reports of lack of movements grrr oh well alls ok at the minute he's gone quiet again but i think he's just gonna do this to me to keep me on my toes i think im just down in the dumps right now and need him here to cheer me up! With all this constant needing to pee all day and night i think i won't be long away as up until now i haven't had to go for a pee in the night and the last 2 nights iv'e been there more than bed hehe! Come on lil man!!!
All the best ladies love steph x x x
10 Comments on Hospital visitminkymoo78
- Wednesday, 27 May My god Steph he is going to be here any day now, I can't believe it, you must be sooooo excited. Sorry you are having the worry of him not moving much but glad everything is fine. Keep me updated on contractions and things won't you. xxxx RainbowRach
- Wednesday, 27 May oh sweetie, you sound like you are having a bit of a mare. I think movements do slow right down at your stage, but you are right to go up to the hospital. Go up as many times as you need to.
Sorry to hear you are uncomfortable, not long to go now babe. In fact any time now!!! come on lil man x x JadesHotMom
- Tuesday, 26 May as long as the baby is ok!!! ur gona pop soon!!!! flick
- Tuesday, 26 May You wont have much longer to wait Im sure Steph,hang in there he will be ok and with you soooner than you prob expect,take care and try to relax a little .xxx stepheni775
- Tuesday, 26 May This all means he will be here sooner than we know it! hayley bubs
- Monday, 25 May ahh bless you you had a busy weekend by the sounds of it , i was at the hospital too on the monitor as i lost loads of what they think is discharge yesterday , i rang in thinking it could be a show or my plug
but they examined with that speculum and ouch so uncomfortable !!!
hope your feeling better today with your cold
come on little man out you come !!! :) xxxxxxxxx katey25
- Monday, 25 May Sounds like a similar experience to me hun - I thought my waters had gone but it turned out to be a little bit of wee leaking but it didn't feel like that. Also I found her movements slowed right down at this stage and went in for a trace. Not long hun... I reckon by the weekend you will have your lil boy x andriette and christians mummy liz
- Monday, 25 May Awww hun i now exactly how u feel,its superrr crap the waiting.Are they inducing u on ur due date becoz of placenta issues??Ohhhhhh 5 more days hunni,its sooo close.Great job with baby baking now its time to come outa that cosy oven.Im thinking u will have him before your due date.Mwahhhh***hugz***Liz dreemajic28
- Monday, 25 May Better safe than sorry! I notice my lil girl moving less and less too, so anytime I worry I drink a big glass of juice and wait... She usually starts up soon after that! Hang in there- and know that you did the right thing going to the hospital! Hang in there, hun! We do not have much longer AT ALL!! =) ~Tarin~
- Monday, 25 May I am so glad that everything worked out. I find this the scariest stage for me than the chacne of miscarriage during the first trimester. But it looks like we both have little ones who like to play games. Must mean that they will be keeping us on our toes!