Write a new blog
|11-12-2009 - In the delivery room.
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Ok, well this time in the delivery room..I want Mike obviously, my mom and sister want to be there again, and we were gonna have Celese there too. I don't know how well she's gonna handle it, she'll be 19 months then, but the other day at my ultrasound she was freaking out because they had my lay back a little and she wanted to be all over me. So I have no idea how she will react in the delivery room. My mom and sister would be there for me and also to keep Celese occupied..maybe she'll be a little better in 4 months lol. I hope, I really want her there, but I don't want the epidural or anything so it may be difficult for her to see me like that, if I had the epi.. I could sit there and enjoy it and talk to her and it would be better for her I think, but I want to go natural. I guess I'll have to see in 12 more weeks how she does at my next ultrasound.
Not sure if I added this to my last blog about the ultrasound, but Amelia's heartbeat was 147...(So the oldwives tale didn't mean anything for me, that's suposed to mean boy.. lol) She was 14oz, so almost a pound. They said my cervix is about 4 cm long, anything over 3cm is awesome.. Her brain looks great and her heart is developed the right way...same with the diaphram between the throat and stomach, and her spinal cord is good too. I'm happy as long as I have a healthy baby. I talked to the genetic councelor because of the blood clotting disorder I tested positve to. So with my next pregnancy (if there is a next lol, not for a while) I know what to do to try and make it successful. Thank God everything is going great so far..I take a pre-natal vit with folic acid, b-12, and an extra folic acid every day. Well that's it for now, I have a dr's appointment on Tuesday the 15th, I'll be 21w 2d...and Celese's appointment is on Thursday the 17th.. So I'll update more than. Have A Great Day!!
7 Comments on In the delivery room.bluejeans
- Sunday, 13 Dec I am glad everything is going well for you. I personally wouldnt have my child in the room, I might be wrong but I think that they would be scared to see there mum in so much pain but whatever you decide good luck: ) ADDISYNS~MUM
- Friday, 11 Dec that is great... to hear that your little girl is doing well!!! and i love the name!!! so pretty! i think it would be worth a try to have chelsie in the room... it would be such a neat experience for all... even though she may not remember it in the long run... but i think it would be neat! glad to hear you doing well also!!! NinaBo-Bina
- Friday, 11 Dec Ya know, my mom was there with my 1st born. 2nd my ex hubby said absolutely NOT and I really needed her. This pregnancy, I am much older and it will only be me and my honey. His daughter wanted to be there too but she is having some resentfulness over her dad and this new baby, who knows if she will come. I am happy to share this only with Dean. Besides, our son will have Club Foot and I don't want anyone to see until I have seen 1st. heidismummy
- Friday, 11 Dec aww i think you are brave having her in the room with you. i know how it would seem nice to have her there but i think personally for me the last thing i would want would be to see my daughter distressed at seeing me in the worst pain i will ever go through in my life. if she is a very calm baby though im sure if she got a bit bad your mum could take her out, but the trouble would be that your mum probably wouldnt want to take her out as she would be wanting to support you and not worry about whether celese is hungry or needs a nappy change etc etc. glad to hear everything is well and good luck with going all natural, its worth it in the end!! Julianna
- Friday, 11 Dec Honestly. I don't think I would have that small of a child in the room. She won't understand or remember it, anyhow. She would be more comfortable, probably staying with someone until the baby is born and then bring her there immediately following. I know you'd like her there and it is probably more of a comfort thing for you. This is just my opinion, of course. You have to do what you feel is best for you & your family. Best of luck! Arcola21
- Friday, 11 Dec accordin to my doctor and all the discovery health baby shows I have watched...somehow that old wives tale has gotten mixed up. My doc and the shows say its a HIGH HR for a boy and a LOWER HR for a girl. Although with my daughter she had a higher HR and my nurse thought she would be a boy, HEHE! Vikki--I really dont think its a good Idea to have children in the room...it could be traumatizing but its your baby and she is your daughter so I guess do what you think is right but I just wanted to give my opinion. kaylabranscum
- Friday, 11 Dec yeah im having another boy and the heartbeat was 170 so i dont have any faith in that old wives tale lolcongrats by the way!