Write a new blog
|11-11-2009 - Placenta Previa
||My mood while writing this blog:|
At the big u/s last week they discovered the placenta was completely covering my cervix and there were "lakes of blood" in the placenta. This of course wasn't the greatest news in the world to hear, but researching this condition on the internet has made my worries increase. The specialist didn't mention anything about "pelvic rest" so my husband and I continued to make love this past week...only for the Dr. to tell me yesterday that we are "off limits" for the remainder of the pregnancy unless things improve.
I'm trying to relax and trust God, but I'm really scared at the same time. My husband is deploying December 30th and my mind keeps drifting to the "what if's"? If things don't improve I will have a c-section and from what I researched you start bleeding when you dilate. With my previous three pregnancies I started to dilate by 30 weeks and had one at 36 weeks and the twins at 34 weeks. All of my babies have progressively gotten smaller ranging from 6lbs 7oz to 4 lbs 1oz, and the Dr. said placenta previa restricts growth which isn't good in my case.
My husband doesn't want to hear anything negative so I can't talk to him about my fears. My Mom had 4 perfect pregnancies and also doesn't want to listen....so I'm left pouring my heart out to God.
I can't be hospitalized with 5 children to take care of and my husband deployed. We are 8 hours away from our closest family and they all work and can't take off to help. My Mom could possibly come for maybe a week but that would be to watch the kids. I just want my husband to be here with me through this. I could handle going through a normal pregnancy on my own, but with all of the complications that could occur I'm scared to go through it alone.
Please pray that God will take care of things and give me peace.
10 Comments on Placenta Prevializ82
- Tuesday, 17 Nov do you have a facebook so we can talk more on there send me your e mail private jeslynn1976
- Thursday, 12 Nov You will be ok! I had placenta abruption at 36 weeks and gave birth, and my son is now 19 months old! Just try to get as much bed rest as you possibly can, or put your feet up whenever possible! Andrea Expecting4th
- Wednesday, 11 Nov I totally understand your fears...I have something called a circumlavatte placenta and it puts me at higher risk of premature birth, placenta abruption and other risks...and I have 3 children at home already and cant imagine if I were to have to be hospitalized...I have no family here either...so it would be very difficult...thank GOD my husband is here though. My prayers go out to you... I did have a placent previa last pregnancy and it did clear up on its on, so I will hope yours does the same... Take care and vent when you can...dont hold in those things in...it will only make your fears worse! MercyMe
- Wednesday, 11 Nov I had a bunch of placental lakes with the last kid...they said it wasn't any big deal, and infact, I have asked 4 docs about it, one being a maternal/fetal specialist and he said it's not a concern. Even with my blood clotting disorder...so don't worry about the lakes...they aren't blood clots or anything...and mine went away when we had the follow up. But, the previa, yeah, that's a concern...I had a partial one, it moved...I was just worried about a c-section...but it worked out. So, no worries about the lakes...and hope for the best with the previa. readyfor3
- Wednesday, 11 Nov I am sorry to hear that you are worried. I understand your concerns. I pray everything will be okay. x mrsw
- Wednesday, 11 Nov I hope things will work themselves out. I can only imagine how scared and worried you are. Just rest, as much as you can and we'll all pray all will work out. fruitful
- Wednesday, 11 Nov I pray everything works out well for you and this baby. nattynoo
- Wednesday, 11 Nov hi i was diagnosed with Placenta Previa with my last pregancy, i had a few extra and in the end it moved and corrected itself hope this puts your mind a little bit at rest xx 3rdbabyat38
- Wednesday, 11 Nov My prayers are definately with you. You have every right to be worried but you sound like you have a lot of faith so try to "let go and let God". I will listen to your fears anytime you need to talk. I haven't done a ton of research on P.P, but it does seem to, a lot of the time, correct itself. Hold onto positive thoughts you are such a sweet person. Hugs and prayers, xxx oooTina NinaBo-Bina
- Wednesday, 11 Nov Oh my, my heart goes out to you. Must be hard to be told you can't make love to your husband especially when he leaves after Christmas. You have to do what's best for the baby though. There will be plenty time to catch up after the miracle is born. Stay strong! I know easier said then done!