Write a new blog
|01-6-2009 - update
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well...my 16 week ultrasound did not go as I had planned. It was supposed to confirm the gender of the baby and conclude the second half of my down's test, but did neither. They measured the baby and all it's parts, which all came back completely normal, but they found a calcification on the baby's heart. I know from genetic counseling that this could be a soft marker for down's; however, because all my other test for down's came back negative, I highly doubt this is the case. I was told that this problem could fix itself and pose no further problems for the baby, but to make sure they will need to do an echocardiogram to rule out any serious heart complications. They will not do this test until 20 weeks though because it is much easier to see the valves of the heart at this point, so I will be forced to worry until then. I know I may be worrying for nothing, but I am freaking out nonetheless because I have lost so many baby's and to think there could be something wrong with this one is just heartbreaking. I guess all I can do for now is try as hard as possible to stay stress free and remain positive, but if anyone has any information on this topic, I would appreciate it.
Also, as far as gender goes, I am almost 100% sure I'm having a little boy. You can call it intuition or crazyness or whatever, but for the last three weeks I have been having strong feelings towards a boy. In the beginning I had absolutely no feelings to suggest either sex, so I wasn't too shocked at my twelve week appointment when the tech told me I was having a little girl. However, at my fourteen week ultrasound, I could have sworn I seen boy parts at one point on the screen. After that I started dreaming that it was a little boy and even started calling it a little boy. I know this could be a freudian slip being that I originally wanted a boy more than anything, but I highly doubt it because when I have overwhelming gut feelings, they are usually correct. Then at my 16 week ultrasound, once again, I would have bet my life I saw boy parts; however,I can not trust the tech to confirm this because the baby would not uncross it's legs at the end when she was trying to get a good picture and this could have been the umbilical cord. lol...I'm going to go nuts. I have always wanted a little boy and would be overly happy to have this be the case, so we will see. I'd bet my life it's a boy though and then we will see how crazy I am...lol :)
5 Comments on updatejrsully24
- Tuesday, 2 Jun I will be thinking about you! It is so hard not to stress, I have been there befoer with my first! But everything turned out perfectly, and I will be hoping the same for you! Take care:) kimberly amber
- Monday, 1 Jun Don't worry, just pary to god, even if you dont pray. When do u have another scan? Maybe you should get a 3D? I have intuitions as well that im having a boy as well. But im just thinking that because I want a girl so bad that i think im going to get a boy. I dont know, ill be happy too either way and i just want to know already so i can start shopping and start thinking of names! take care honey and get alot of rest!! Nicoletka
- Monday, 1 Jun Well I don't know anything about heart calcifications but I do know that you have come this far and baby is still alive and otherwise healthy so I think you are right just take it easy and stress free but I cannot imagine how you feel because I had my last ultrasound at 13 almost 14 weeks and now I am 16 weeks, my next appointment is on the 19th of June and I am a wreck inside of course I don't tell anyone how I am so paranoid but I just want to see her and know that she is fine. My doctor said everything is perfect but still here I am... a real mother!!! As for the sex I also really wanted a little boy but now that I know it's a little girl I am equally excited! I think you are going to be just fine and we will keep chatting up until birth haha keep well x x x natalie fisher
- Monday, 1 Jun aww i hope all is ok, and baby and u are both fine try not get too stressed over it hun and i will keep u in my thoughts and hope all is good for u, as for the sex i hope u get yr little boy u deserve some happiness and its not alot to ask for x x x x baby bake oven
- Monday, 1 Jun well I hope everything turns out to be okay with your little one!! I'm sure it will! I have read a lot of articles/blogs etc. that say the soft markers turn out to be nothing!
I always go with my gut and in the beginning it was telling me boy... now I just have no clue... so I don't think you're crazy at all for feeling like you know now!