Write a new blog
|22-7-2009 - good news...and rambling.
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Good News: After a little over two weeks of strict bed rest, my cervix has grown from a little less than 3.1 centimeters to 4.6 centimeters as of yesterday, which is almost where it was in the beginning of my pregnancy. Also, since I was released from the hospital on indocine, I have yet to have any further contractions, so as of right now it looks as though I'm safe from having preterm labor. My kidney's have magically gotten better as well, which is odd because I was having kidney issues even before I became pregnant and the Doctor thought they would be an issue throughout this entire pregnancy. Honestly, these last few weeks I have prayed the hardest I ever have in my entire life and I'm so relieved to have things looking up. I hope to have a normal pregnancy the rest of the way through....
Rambling: On another note...My official weight gain so far is 20 pounds, which has gotten me a little down. I don't even feel like the same person. My butt is huge and my legs seem to have been where I gained the most weight being that they jiggle when I walk. My boobs are huge and I hate them. I had just gotten a breast reduction last year and for the first time in my life was confident in my body and now they are huge again. Not anything like they used to be, but still bigger than I want them. I paid over 12 thousand dollars to have them reduced from a 36ff to a full C and for what? I love my tummy, but the rest of me....not so much!! My weight gain and hormones seem to seriously be taking a toll on me this week as I don't want my husband to even see me naked. He tells me every day how beautiful I am, but I look nothing like I did pre-pregnancy and its hard to believe he is attracted to me, especially when I can not hold in my bodily functions. I know this is tmi, but I pee my pants all the time....if I sneeze, cough, throw up, or even get up too fast, I lose my bladder. I also fart non stop, which has got to be super sexy for him and what makes it worse is that I have been eating sauerkraut non stop due to these horrible cravings. lol gross...I know!!! Also, I am beginning to look like a distant cousin of the wolf man as my stomach has sprouted hair all over and I keep getting this awful rash all over my body due to the hormones. My nose bleeds atleast 4 times a day and I can't sleep at night because as soon as I am in bed, my nose is clogged. I have not pooped in over two weeks and nothing is helping with that, so I feel so bloated. The doctor said he will do an enema at my next appointment to give me some relief because this is just awful!! Also, my mood swings are out of control and I feel awful for my husband because I am always yelling at him for something and if I am not yelling, I'm crying. I think a lot of this is contributed to me being in the house with nothing to do for almost three weeks and I feel as though I'm literally going insane. I know its hormones, but they are out of control!!! Does anyone else feel as though their hormones are really getting the better of them or am I alone here??
10 Comments on good news...and rambling.jrsully24
- Friday, 24 Jul I am so glad to hear that things are getting better for you. And I love the openness. Yes - my hormones are pretty much getting the best of me these days too but all I keep doing is looking at my little boy and knowing that 'this too shall pass'. And it does. Way faster than we can imagine sometimes. I was on bedrest with him and gained a fair amount of weight as well. However, this time around it is so different and I have barely gained 5 pounds! You never know. Hang int here because I PROMISE it is SOOOO worth it. I wish you the best and completely understand all the anxiety and frustration you are feeling. Take care. Nicoletka
- Friday, 24 Jul Well first off I am so happy that a load has been taken off your shoulders! I really hope from here on all I will read are good blogs about baby being healthy and happy! On the other side of things OMG I feel like I am reading myself kinda... I used to weigh 58kg and looked great if I do say so myself but now I weigh 70kg!!!! I feel like a fucking pig... besides my beautiful baby bump I am completely disgusted! Pedja says i'm sexy??? Is he talking shit because he doesn't want to hurt me? I think YES! I have grown an ass and I have red pimples above my breasts (GROSS) My face is round and ugly and I feel HUGE! Oh yeah not to mention having pimples on my back and my thighs... oh how I cry about my huge thighs! They used to be curvy and sexy and now... big lumps of fat!!! I don't know if I should continue to gross you out... but just had to tell you that you are so definately NOT ALONE! Just hang in there girl, if baby is healthy thats all that matters and thats what I keep telling myself but after baby is born I am definately going on a huge diet- fitness plan... x x x Emauk
- Wednesday, 22 Jul so so so glad to hear your doing so well..and baby is doing good and staying in there..My mood swings have been out of control too..it's all part of it..and i've been stuck in the house for what seems like forever cause i'm catching everything going at the moment..once I get rid of one virus..I seem to catch the next one..so been house bound for about 2 months all in all..I wouldn't worrie about your boobs..they normally go back to normal..if not smaller after you finish breastfeeding..and if you don't breastfeed they should go back to normal too..also the hair will go aswell..breastfeeding will help drop the extra pounds..and most of it will be water retention..and after a couple of weeks after giving birth it tends to go back to normal.. also the wetting thing..I got that with my first..if you do your pelvic floor excersises it really does help..take care hun..and hope it goes smoothly from here on out..Xxx claire louise
- Wednesday, 22 Jul So pleased to hear your now safe and you and baby are doing well. That is fantastic hun.
I'm the same about my weight my boobs are massive :( and ive gain loads of weight EVERYWHERE:(xxx lindseymarie
- Wednesday, 22 Jul Well I am so glad to hear that your cervix and kidneys are doing much better! That is the most important thing. As for everything else, as terrible as it seems it is only temporary and in less than 16 weeks it will all be over and you will have your little bundle of joy in your arms! I have experienced some simmilar pregnancy side effects and although they are by no means fun now it will sooo be worth it in the end. Just hang in there and stay positive. Focus on the good things and try not to worry about what your body looks like right now. I think that every woman who has ever been pregnant has felt self-consious to some extent. It is a small price to pay for all the joy this baby is going to bring! amberelaine
- Wednesday, 22 Jul Awew poor girl you really got the pregnancy symptoms just don't worry about the weight understand your suppose to gainthat weight just make it a mission to lose it all when baby is here that helps me I weighted in at 194 today gaining 13 pounds sofar so common ur fineeeee glad baby is ok and your kidney!! BabySaunders
- Wednesday, 22 Jul First off, I'm SO happy that you've made it to 24 weeks and baby is still in there and seems like he plans to be in there for the long haul! That's GREAT news. Secondly, girl you are definitely not alone on the hormones thing. I was sooooo snappy at my husband the other day because he said I missed a spot on a pan. So I THREW the pan at him and told HIM to do it if he was so great and refused to rinse dishes. That is completely unlike me. I have never thrown anything other than a pillow at him lol. And that's when I'm teasing! I tossed a metal pan at the man I love. Trust me. Our hormones get the best of us sometimes. lol. Mommy2AnL
- Wednesday, 22 Jul Congrats on getting better!
I hate the hormones too. My ass and thighs are HUGE as well and my boobs are freak show boobs compared to the small C's I'm used to...and the only reason I had the small C's was because of my LAST pregnancy...so busting out of a D is really getting me down. I'd be angry just like you if I had a reduction and they decided to grow back. My boyfriend tries to make me feel better about the gigantic ass and thunder thighs by saying they are cute and he likes them...but I'm just not convinced and it's depressing. I know how you feel!!! You know how they say "the JOYS of pregnancy"...well I guess that's gonna happen the day they put the baby in our arms, because I'm not so freakin joyful right now! baby bake oven
- Wednesday, 22 Jul First, I'm so glad all is well with your cervix and kidneys!! HOORAY!!
I have gaines a little over 20 pounds at thsi point and yes I feel like it's all gone to my new thunder thighs! They look and feel huge to me! I think it all comes with the territory, as far as us hating some things on our boides at this point. I'm so sorry you hate your boobs though! I am a small girl and have always had large Cs... I'm pretty much a D right now and het it with a passion, so I can kind of relate even though I didn't have a reduction. Jsut try to remind yourself that it's all worth it in the end when that baby arrives, and then we can share our weight loss stories with each after all this is done! Only 16 weeks to go hun! You've made it this far... you're past the half way point and it's a downhill ride from here! try not to let your hormones get the best of you, as much as you can anyway.... You are absolutely not alone! MamaRancourt
- Wednesday, 22 Jul I am so pleased to hear things have finally taken a turn for the better for you and baby! Excellent news, keep up the good work, girl!