Write a new blog
|19-6-2009 - WOW NEVER KNEW THIS
||My mood while writing this blog:|
PLEASE PASS THIS HAND SANITIZER INFO. ALONG
MY AUNT DIANA SENT THIS TO ME IN AN E-MAIL! I HAD TO SHARE THIS WITH YOU ALL! PLEASE PASS THIS INFO. ON TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS! THANK YOU! DANA
This is a real wake up call.....
Keep it in mind if you are ever around kids...
Yep. I checked this out on SNOPES. How scary!
Yesterday, my youngest daughter, Halle who is just 4 years old, was
rushed to the ER by her father for being severely lethargic and
incoherent in her classroom. He was called to her school by the school
secretary who said that she was 'VERY VERY SICK'!
He told me that when he arrived at h er classroom, Halle was barely
sitting in the chair. She couldn't hold her own head up and when he
looked into her eyes, she couldn't focus them.
He immediately scooped her up and rushed her to the closest ER, and
then called me. When he got there, they ran blood test after blood test
and did x-rays, every test imaginable. Her white blood cell count was
normal, nothing was out of the ordinary. When I arrived at the ER, the
doctor there told us that he had done everything that he could do so he
was transferring her to Saint Francis Hospital for further tests.
Right as we were leaving in the ambulance, her teacher arrived at the
ER and told us that after questioning Halle 's classmates, She had
found out that our little girl had licked liquid hand sanitizer off of
her hands !!!
Hand sanitizer, of all things. But it makes sense. These days they
have all kinds of different scents and flavors and when you have a
curious child, they are going to put all kinds of things into their
When we arrived at the Saint Francis' Hospital ER, we told the ER
Doctor there to check her blood alcohol level, and yes we did get weird
looks, but they did it.
The results showed her blood alcohol level was 85% -- six hours after
we first took her.. There's no telling what it would have been if we
would have requested it at the f irst ER. Since then, her school
and a few surrounding schools have taken the liquid hand sanitizers out
of all the lower grade classes, but what's to stop middle and high
schoolers from ingesting this stuff?
After doing research on the Internet, we found out that it only takes
3 squirts of the stuff ingested to be fatal to a toddler.
For her blood alcohol level to be so high, it would be like someone her
size drinking120 proof liquor. So PLEASE PLEASE don't disregard this
because we don't ever want another family to go through what ours has
Please send this to everyone you know that have children,
grandchildren, nieces, nephews or cousins.
It doesn't matter what age. This could affect anyone of them .
This can also be verified on truth or fiction, see below...
This story was verified at:
This is not a Joke! This is a Warning for all parents / grandparents
10 Comments on WOW NEVER KNEW THISbezzi44
- Saturday, 20 Jun That's bizzare. I did see a guy drink that stuff when he was in the hospital on detox for alcholism (Intervention on A&E). Sick! cluckandjen
- Saturday, 20 Jun My kids use this at school, I will be informing our head so she can make a risk assessment. Thanks for sharing x ashysmm1
- Saturday, 20 Jun I posted that on my myspace blog to all my friends with kids........That is so scary cait
- Friday, 19 Jun wow so scary thanks!!! 1blessedmomma
- Friday, 19 Jun WOW!! Never even thought about that thanks!! momof2hopfully3
- Friday, 19 Jun Wow i have this in my bathrooms and use it on my daughters hands. THANKS!!!! thebigtomato
- Friday, 19 Jun I have used that on my toddler's hands! Craziness! gr8scottswife
- Friday, 19 Jun Thanks for sharing. yorkie puggle
- Friday, 19 Jun rebekah PLEASE PASS THIS ON. MY AUNT DIANA, WHO IS MY HERO, SENT THIS TO ME IN AN E-MAIL, SHE NEVER SENDS STUPID NONSENSE FORWARDS TO ME, SO i JUST GOT RID OF ALL MY HAND SANITIZER'S TOO! I am so glad you read this! XOXO Dana R-N-E-H
- Friday, 19 Jun Oh my gosh that's totally freaky! I've noticed my daughter has been trying to lick her hands after I use that stuff when she goes potty. Holy cow! think I'll just lift her to the sink every time now! Forget having that stuff in my house!!! Thanks so much for posting this. You may have saved my daughter's life!