Write a new blog
|25-8-2009 - Gestational Diabetes Diagnosed in my first trimester
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Expected this, but not this early!
Well, I had Gestational Diabetes with my DD's pregnancy, and I am only 11 weeks and 3 days today, and I most likely have GD again, but this time I was diagnosed in week 9-10. I took the 3 hour glucose test yesterday and am still waiting on the results of that but, I just KNOW I have it and it's kind of scary this early. Normally women are not tested until like 26-28 weeks. I was tested with my DD's pregnancy at 28 weeks and failed it big time.
I BET I had GD in my first trimester with my DD and just never knew it. I am just scared about the fact that all the babies organs are forming now and having GD just adds to the stress, but so far so good, other than this happening I feel great. I am trying not to stress too bad. I have been following the strict GD diet since 9.5 weeks.
What started this all was 2 weeks ago I had a big bowl of cocoa puffs and an hour later I took my numbers cause I felt weird and they were at 198, that is BAD. I called the doctor right away and they said that is so NOT good and to follow the GD diet asap. So that is what I am doing, and hoping and praying that everything is ok with this little baby bean.
I go in Monday September 1st for my 12 week sonogram and ultrascreen test which tests for any abnormalities in the baby. I just hope all is well with my bean, part of me thinks that everything is ok, I wanna feel positive and not think negative. So that is my story, I will update later in the week with my GD results and I will also post 12 week sonogram pics once I get them after Sept. 1st. Have a great day! Dana
13 Comments on Gestational Diabetes Diagnosed in my first trimestervicki--mommy of 4
- Wednesday, 26 Aug Sorry hun, but at least you will be able to combat the effects with your knowledge. Take care of yourself hun! jesseecee
- Wednesday, 26 Aug Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself and your little peanut and all the best to you. Deecarol
- Wednesday, 26 Aug I am so sorry to hear that but I am glad you realized what was happening so that you can change your diet and keep a close eye on it. I wish you the best of luck with your results. Take care and remeber that the first time everything turned out great so just watch your diet and keep an eye on things and everything will be great. I spent around 19 days in the hospital with my little girl because of my blood pressure and now in week 11 they are telling me that it will probably be worse this time so I understand how you feel a little bit. mum2onex
- Wednesday, 26 Aug You poor thing sorry to heat abour GD catching you again. I suppose it is better to know sooner than later and thankfully you had the sense to check it as soonas you felt funny. Hope everything goes great for you on Sept1st thinking of you chick :) MILITARY~MOMMY
- Tuesday, 25 Aug Well at least you know early so you and doc can keep an eye on it! R-N-E-H
- Tuesday, 25 Aug Aww I'm so sorry you're having to go through that all over again. Thank God you thought to test yourself! I'm sure all is fine with your little bean but I'll be praying anyway! joeyandzacksmommy2007
- Tuesday, 25 Aug it is better to know now then to find out later that you had it the whole time..just follow strict diet and u should be fine. take care and good luck.. sandy127962
- Tuesday, 25 Aug aww..sorry momma but better you know early and can help contol things now. Good luck with the results of the 3 hour test.. B3thy
- Tuesday, 25 Aug so sorry to hear about you having GD this early...ug! sounds like you are doing all of the right things and having a positive outlook is all you can do and I think it is so helpful. fingers crossed that all of your doctor's appointments go well!!!! Cherryb0m
- Tuesday, 25 Aug auww sorry to hear that, but on a positive note..... you are following the GD diet from very early on. thats great! i'm sure everything is just fine with little bean. better to find out much earlier than later. amy011
- Tuesday, 25 Aug Oh no! I am so sorry to hear about your GD. I remember reading your profile that you had it with your first pregnancy. I think you will be fine hun, esp as you have already been following the diet since week 9 so you're ahead of the game already. What day is your appointment? Thank you for your comment on my page, I feel really bad going on now that you have all these worries yourself! Much love xx momof2hopfully3
- Tuesday, 25 Aug Omg how horrible. I know how u feel i had gd with my dd too but didnt get diagnosed untill 27 weeks but never this early. Well i guess its safe to say ur going to have a huge baby lol i know thats one symptoms the baby get it being big. cpalmer
- Tuesday, 25 Aug sorry to har that dana, im sure things will be fine esp now that ur on th GD diet :) im so excited for ur scan :) xxxx